Recommended JJT: Oral History of how Tony Romo became Dallas Cowboys QB

silver

Reaction score
Quincy Carter, Cowboys quarterback, 2001-04: "To be honest with you, I thought he was gonna get cut. He was terrible. He couldn't even get the snap. He was horrible; he was absolutely horrible. He did bring breakfast sandwiches on time on Fridays, but he was terrible on the field."

Darren Woodson, Cowboys safety 1992-2004: "I didn't know who Romo was until training camp. I'm watching him throw balls against us in training camp, and his ball was better than Quincy Carter's, for sure. He was the most accurate of the bunch, and to me, he was the most athletic. He was more athletic than Quincy."

Hmmm...One of these two must have been smoking something during training camp.
LOL Let me guess...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Pretty wild that Romo was dunking in the Cowboy's pickup basketball games.
he's always been so deceivingly athletic.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. I lived it.

They didn't tell the end of the story. How Dak Prescott took everything he worked for.

Gaede

Reaction score
Awesome read.

Couldn't help thinking that the same kind of stuff is going on behind the scenes right now.

Romo is a pro though. He'd never act like Bledsoe. What a baby

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty wild that Romo was dunking in the Cowboy's pickup basketball games.
he's always been so deceivingly athletic.
Not really a deception. He was one of the top ball players in Wisconsin when he was growing up.

rpntex

Reaction score
Are you saying Parcells wasn't responsible for bringing Bledsoe to Dallas? Parcells loaded the roster with his "guys" and Bledsoe was one of them. Parcells might have been tired of Bledsoe, but so was everyone else.

Not saying that at all. It is common knowledge that Parcells was influential in getting Drew to Dallas. I just said that Parcells grew tired of his not listening and not being coachable. Four instance (and Parcell spoke of this specifically in the article), Bledsoe's final pass in that first half against the Giants was a play with two options… Terry Glenn and another receiver on the right side. If neither route was there, Bledsoe was to throw the ball away. Instead, he chose to improvise and went back to the left and Sam Madison made the interception. It wasn't the first instance, but it was the last.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not really a deception. He was one of the top ball players in Wisconsin when he was growing up.
Yeah. I realize that. I just didn't realize he had a little bit of hops. Though true...if you're 6'2, dunking it isn't that huge of an accomplishment. See Beasley (or Spud Webb) as an example of a shocker.