JJT: Self Important Blowhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO you've earned your likes.........no I'm not saying anyone in here hasn't earned his/hers

In Kiper God trust!

It takes all types to make a message board interesting; however, there are a couple of people whose "humor" is really repetive. Have you ever had a friend that had a funny story, but then you've heard him tell the same story a dozen times and it's not that funny anymore?

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
It takes all types to make a message board interesting; however, there are a couple of people whose "humor" is really repetive. Have you ever had a friend that had a funny story, but then you've heard him tell the same story a dozen times and it's not that funny anymore?

Nice comparison

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
He would probably make thousand of smart arse quips in order to get likes from his following of non-contributors. He would be envious of people who actually contribute information to the site.

I'm not JJT, but I'm guilty as charged.... except for the envious part. You can probably infer my interest level by the number of posts I've contributed over 10 years. There are way too many really serious things in life to concern myself with than to get bogged down talking about things I (and probably 95% of the other posters) have no "real" knowledge of. Much less get into arguments with strangers about. Some of you guys may be "plugged in" to the inner workings of the Cowboys or the league. I'm certainly not. The NFL is just entertainment isn't it?

http://i636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Joker-Why-So-Serious-Hd.jpg

jnday

Reaction score
These media guys make a living by sharing their opinions and thoughts on the team. They get paid good money for doing it. I would say that they are much smarter than posters that share their thoughts on these boards for nothing. There are many posters that see themselves as important and many are blowhards. They are not important enough to see the money that comes from that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These media guys make a living by sharing their opinions and thoughts on the team. They get paid good money for doing it. I would say that they are much smarter than posters that share their thoughts on these boards for nothing. There are many posters that see themselves as important and many are blowhards. They are not important enough to see the money that comes from that.

That doesn't necessarily follow. For one, most of these experts who get paid don't actually get paid all that much. Many people who have better options would very likely be able to generate better content in JJT's position, for example, and they don't because football is a pastime and they make more money doing something else with their day job. Also, local sports media gets paid, not for having the most accurate takes, but for writing things that will generate relatively wide appeal to a generally uninformed fanbase. Fans like us are not the norm, and they're not really who a lot of these opinion pieces are targeted at. Some of these professionals are obviously very bright. It's equally obvious from reading their stuff that many are not. It's not exactly something you can hide.

There are blowhards everywhere, so that much I agree with.
For my part, JJT is lazy and irritating and not very good at his job. There are journalists more critical of the Cowboys that I like better, anyway.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember at one time some of us asked some of the Local Dallas media why they did not do play by plays during camps so we could get an idea of what was going on and who was doing what.

Some of them answered and said that the general run of the mill fan does not want all of that info and they just want a general small story or report of who was ok and who was not.

Later we had people like Rafael Vela and other fans that were also bloggers who would go to these camps and give play by play calls and good descriptions of multiple things. They were loved by most on the boards because they got so much more detail than the general fluff pieces the local writers did.

We seen that change a good deal as other writers started their own sites or blogs and started giving similar write ups and details to fans who wanted more than just fluff pieces.

Even Dallascowboys.com have someone come and show some play by plays of these camps now.

Meanwhile we would hear stories of JJT being out there and facing away from the actually playing field while talking to someone else or messing around on his phone.

Just something to consider.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/applause.gif

Garrettop

Reaction score
This thread makes me smile. Never could stand JJT, so clearly just writing from one extreme or the other - whichever he thought would get the most clickbait reads. Everything was all gloom and doom until suddenly Dallas starts winning and then he switches camps, at least temporarily. It's like he reads the local paper recap and then dashes off a thousand words which provide zero parts data and/or analysis, and 100% condescension.

Archer is barely better though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.