JJT, since you read this board...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Unfortunately, JJT & the rest of the mediots from DMN are themselves masquerading as being sports reporters.
Its a media showdown!

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Could we please get a question tomorrow about how our linebackers are doing? We have a coach who is implementing a new linebacker-heavy system and who has famously said that "I like linebackers. I collect 'em." Yet we're four days into camp and not a single question about Bradie James, Scott Shanle, the "too-small" LOLB position, how Burnett is doing... Nothing. Instead, we get questions about the slogan on Parcells' tee-shirt (not from JJT). Good grief.

Thanks, man. :)

I've also been wondering about how the LB's were doing. I personally have not been that impressed with Bradie James thus far. He was almost handed the starting role last year and wasn't doing anything on the field that would've warranted it. Maybe the 3-4 will suit him better....I hope at least.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
:D Nah, but I'd luv his gig...Covering Cowboys 24-7 365 days a year. Oh the joy!!!

Ditto what LTN said. She's definitely missed.

I really think that's the main reason why people hate on JJT and most of the writers. They're jealous as hell that someone else gets to cover their main passion in life for a living. :p: That and the armchair QB syndrome.

If JJT is Brownsugar, all I have to say is that's a very effective facade. :laugh2:

And I second, third -- whatever it's on -- the motion to bring out more linebacker stories and questions! :cool:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Nightshade said:
BTW

Tell Luksa, Cowlishaw, Blackstone and Gosselin they're the tops with me too.

Well, one of the newer writers who has really impressed me is Jennifer Floyd Engel but I'm not sure she'll ever get the credit she deserves because she's a woman covering a man's world. She has had some fantastic articles, especially the ones that reflect on what went wrong, what were the real events and opinions about something, etc...

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
If you do read the board--can I just tell you how much you stink? With the calibre of "writers" your paper has, no wonder it has to lie about its circulation numbers. And could you possibly whine any more about the 3-4 or Ellis/Glover? Or maybe you & Ted Baxter Lite (Dale Hansen, who doesn't have Ted Baxter's personality or talent) could have a whine-off about Parcells not talking to you in the offseason. You know, because during the offseason you didn't trump up enough drama about that. Not sure if you should be called the French Whine or the French Mistake(n). Still waiting for you to actually write something, you know, informative or interesting.

That tabloid rag known as the DMN isn't worth wiping with. The hacks they have posing as sportswriters are a collective joke. They have sold out whatever journalistic integrity they may once have had for the lure of tabloid dirt and headline grabbing. They have bought into the ESPN and MNF mentality that the reporter IS the news, that people tune in just to see and hear them.

I have boycotted the DMN for several years now and will continue to do so until it is sold off and becomes a real news outlet.

I do know that the mediots covering the Cowboys scour the forums looking for bits they can use because they have used some of my pieces (as well as others') many times over the years.

So JJT if you are reading this... :yousuck:

jman

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
That tabloid rag known as the DMN isn't worth wiping with. The hacks they have posing as sportswriters are a collective joke. They have sold out whatever journalistic integrity they may once have had for the lure of tabloid dirt and headline grabbing. They have bought into the ESPN and MNF mentality that the reporter IS the news, that people tune in just to see and hear them.

I have boycotted the DMN for several years now and will continue to do so until it is sold off and becomes a real news outlet.

I do know that the mediots covering the Cowboys scour the forums looking for bits they can use because they have used some of my pieces (as well as others') many times over the years.

So JJT if you are reading this... :yousuck:

Long Live The Dallas Times Herald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJT if you read this...thanks to the shout outs for the cowboyszone...much appreciated.

:starspin :cool:

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Well, one of the newer writers who has really impressed me is Jennifer Floyd Engel but I'm not sure she'll ever get the credit she deserves because she's a woman covering a man's world. She has had some fantastic articles, especially the ones that reflect on what went wrong, what were the real events and opinions about something, etc...
Jen Engel is an EXCELLENT reporter. (JJT, when you & the rest of the DMN hacks finish your internships, you might want to read her columns to learn how to write intelligently & at least pretend to hide your agenda.) I'm sure that's also why she gets grief from other Dallas writers (& unfortunately, sexist fans), which she herself has talked about. They're afraid of the girl in their midst, & probably jealous that she has actual ability. Instead of trumping up some "issue" to b**** about, she does actual analysis of what's going on. It's always interesting to listen to her questions in the PCs & then guess at what her column will talk about the next day.

Interesting that JJT has stopped crying about the 3-4, ever since Parcells b****-slapped him in the first PC when he started in AGAIN about Ellis/Glover.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Jen Engel is an EXCELLENT reporter. (JJT, when you & the rest of the DMN hacks finish your internships, you might want to read her columns to learn how to write intelligently & at least pretend to hide your agenda.) I'm sure that's also why she gets grief from other Dallas writers (& unfortunately, sexist fans), which she herself has talked about. They're afraid of the girl in their midst, & probably jealous that she has actual ability. Instead of trumping up some "issue" to b**** about, she does actual analysis of what's going on. It's always interesting to listen to her questions in the PCs & then guess at what her column will talk about the next day.

Interesting that JJT has stopped crying about the 3-4, ever since Parcells b****-slapped him in the first PC when he started in AGAIN about Ellis/Glover.

I can feeeel your anger. Let it lead you to the dark side of the force. It is your destiny!

:grrr:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bingo, today some talk about Dat's position (Jack LB), Bradie being a better blitzer, and Burnett (Parcells really likes him). ;)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Bingo, today some talk about Dat's position (Jack LB), Bradie being a better blitzer, and Burnett (Parcells really likes him). ;)
Bill mentioned Burnett is "a little cocky", but you can tell he likes him a lot. One of those 'I won't fed him any cheese yet' stuff, but I'm really pleased with him.

Mickey and his buddy in the post game pc brought it up as well..that despite Burnett missing the mini camp, he has caght on fast, is really smart, and is 'ready to go', and 'could steo right in.

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
Yeah, Barnett is very cocky, I had the opportunity to meet him the week before training camp. But I guess he was trying to conceal his identity, he was saying that he played for the Ravens. He didn't realize that I already knew who he was, I said you're our rookie OLB, right? He was like yeah, how did you know that? I told him that I was all knowing and all seeing :)!!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
Yeah, Barnett is very cocky, I had the opportunity to meet him the week before training camp. But I guess he was trying to conceal his identity, he was saying that he played for the Ravens. He didn't realize that I already knew who he was, I said you're our rookie OLB, right? He was like yeah, how did you know that? I told him that I was all knowing and all seeing :)!!
The Ravens???

That's hilarious.

Is he cute, Shug?