Recap: JJT: Whispers from the Star (9/18)

Jarntt

Reaction score
You guys signed Erving to play swing tackle. Where is he at?" Source kind of punted the question, so JJT rephrased and asked "Was it something that Steele did show you, or was it something that Erving didn't show you?" to which the source stated "the latter." Erving just failed to impress in camp. The Cowboys were waiting and waiting for him to be a force in practice and it just never happened, and they like Steele's upside and think that he can play better while Collins is out. Erving simply is who he is. JJT likened it to a Madden rating. Steele might be a 62 right now, but he could be a 71 by the end of the season. Erving could be a 66 right now, but you know damn well he'll be a 66 by the end of the season. Erving could step up and get back into good graces with this coaching staff, but for now, it sounds like Steele is their guy.
That's not possible. I read on here that Erving played 8 games for a team that won the SB last year.

It's just ridiculous for a team that has an always injured or playing injured Smith and Collins who too has had injury issues to have been so woefully unprepared for a week 1 injury at the OT position. Sorry, but this swing and miss isn't acceptable. I'm hoping Steele is a player and I'm not as worried as most seem to be about him, but the fact that we needed, not wanted, to start an UDFA rookie at RT in week 1 is a pretty damning thing on this teams offseason that got such good grades on paper

75boyz

Reaction score
That's not possible. I read on here that Erving played 8 games for a team that won the SB last year.

It's just ridiculous for a team that has an always injured or playing injured Smith and Collins who too has had injury issues to have been so woefully unprepared for a week 1 injury at the OT position. Sorry, but this swing and miss isn't acceptable. I'm hoping Steele is a player and I'm not as worried as most seem to be about him, but the fact that we needed, not wanted, to start an UDFA rookie at RT in week 1 is a pretty damning thing on this teams offseason that got such good grades on paper

Excellent post.
And in my opinion just to further piggyback on your last sentence's paper offseason success is the following: A cut Dix, hurt McCoy, hurt recently extended Brown, and a garbage performance by Poe.
4 projected offseason or current starters

Not a good return

Looks like the coach em up capabilities will be on full display for this coach

He's got a feather in his cap that his Green Bay team that won the Super Bowl sent 13 players to IR so supposedly this is the right man for the job

I have my doubts

Gitya popcone reddy

Go Cowboys

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter now, but maybe Cam is one of those guys who plays better in games than in practice, as a vet. Certainly appears he played better last year for KC than Steele did for us.