Joe Biddle (Tennessee writer) on Pacman on GaC

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Without a lot of detailed recap...

This guy says that Pacman is poisonous in the locker room. Says that he had a violent temper, and guys were borderline scared of him because of his temper. Says that players may not have said it at the time, but they didn't like him as a teammates -- he was constantly running his mouth and stirring people up both on the practice field and in the locker room. Says see what Kyle VandenBosch said about him.

Claims that the locker room was 180* different from the years Pacman was there to last year.

The Titans beat writer says that the three happiest days in his life were when 1) he got married 2) his two kids were born 3) Pacman was traded away.

Says that Pac might turn around, but he doubts he will.

Here's the article by the guy today.

'Big D' may stand for dumb

Commentary by JOE BIDDLE • Staff Writer • April 24, 2008

The Dallas Cowboys and Titans have agreed in principle on a trade for cornerback Pacman Jones.

C'mon, principle.

Before any trade can be consummated, Pacman must pass a physical.

You go, docs.

It appears Cowboys owner Jerry Jones must have been the person P.T. Barnum had in mind when he supposedly noted, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Jerry Jones' super-sized ego gives him confidence he can make Pacman toe the line. Jerry looks at Pacman and sees a Super Bowl ring.

Keep believing, Jerry.

The Titans tried to apply all the leverage they could in hopes of recouping what they invested in Jones, the sixth player taken in the 2005 draft. They will get a fourth-round draft pick, giving them three fourth-round picks in this weekend's draft.

The rest of the proposed deal is contingent. If Pacman is productive and plays a required amount of time this season, the Titans will get another draft pick from the Cowboys in 2009.

Of course, everything is based on when, or if, Pacman is allowed to play in the NFL. That's up to Commissioner Roger Goodell, who has repeatedly stated he will consider Pacman's fate at some point before training camp.

There is no guarantee Goodell will lift the suspension, of course.
Fishy story

The recent news that Pacman has been paying off the suspected shooter in the Las Vegas strip club melee smells like yesterday's catch.

For months, Pacman denied any knowledge of the alleged gunman in the February 2007 incident that left one of the club's bouncers paralyzed.

Yet Pacman was in Washington recently, picking the alleged shooter out of a police lineup. Now, I'm no Sebastian Shark, and my CSI skills don't match Lt. Horatio Caine's, but help me out here:

Can playing pro football produce amnesia for more than a year?

And why would a streetwise, tough guy such as Pacman Jones cave in to someone he allegedly didn't know? Why send this person thousands of dollars through intermediaries in order to prevent that person from acting out threats against Pacman, his mother and daughter?

Just a hunch, but I think Goodell has the goods on Pacman. I believe he knows where this story is headed and it's not Pac back in the good graces of the NFL.

Either way, the Titans wash their hands of their most embarrassing draft pick ever.

Best-case scenario: he goes to Dallas and the Titans get draft picks.

Worst-case scenario: Pacman is booted out of the NFL and neither team wins.

Joe Biddle's column runs Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Reach him at 259-8255 or jbiddle@tennessean.com.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
thats not the word thats running around in other stories...its the opposite...that he is an extremely hard practice player and overall worker and a good teammate

this guy sounds like a bitter clod that genuinely just didnt like him...and thats fine, I dont like him either...but everything I heard and read about Jones the player and teammate was the exact opposite of what this guy just said

David

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Same things were said about TO. TO in Dallas will never work. He'll divide the locker room and Jerry will have to auction the team on Ebay when TO gets done wrecking the franchise.

Then again I'd be a bitter person too if my team lost a 6th overall pick.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I'll just quote Jerry Jones himself "No one is going to burn the place down as long as I'm here".

You can call Jerry a lot of things but in that process make sure to add "the man in charge" to that list. Jones won't waste time in getting rid of something he can't control. Hell, he didn't have problem kicking Vanderjagt or Skylar Greene to the curb despite the investments. Now, I know that, Parcells was the instigator in both instances, but Jerry makes the final call in EVERY personnel decision. He always has.

The only person (Adam) Jones would hurt is himself. I have no worries as it stands.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I can understand how this is a concern, but if Pacman's going to change his life, he has to change his ENTIRE lifestyle. I don't expect the Pacman of old to be anything like the new Pacman.

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
He likes money, right? Well, he just forfeited eight million dollars. If he doesn't get it by now, he never will.

Eskimo

Reaction score
There is little downside in bringing him in with no guaranteed money and the ability to recoup a pick in 2009 if it doesn't work out.

I think the organization will try to support him because it is in both sides interest. It will be hard for Pacman to assert himself here when there are guys like Ware, Romo, Witten and lots of other established veterans who were seasoned by Parcells.

Bottom line, if he puts himself ahead of the team he will be given the boot.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dbair1967;2048888 said:
thats not the word thats running around in other stories...its the opposite...that he is an extremely hard practice player and overall worker and a good teammate

this guy sounds like a bitter clod that genuinely just didnt like him...and thats fine, I dont like him either...but everything I heard and read about Jones the player and teammate was the exact opposite of what this guy just said

David

I was going to post something along these lines also. Well put.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Best-case scenario: he goes to Dallas and the Titans get draft picks.

Worst-case scenario: Pacman is booted out of the NFL and neither team wins.

This is a rather confusing column. If Biddle is so convinced that Adam Jones is a cancer and Goodell has "the goods" on him, why is he rooting for Jones to be reinstated and play again? Shouldn't he be calling for Jones to be banned for life? Or does Biddle put draft picks above principle?

And on a related note, why do so many other teams' beat writers openly root for the teams they cover?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2048943 said:
And on a related note, why do so many other teams' beat writers openly root for the teams they cover?
It boggles the mind, doesn't it?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dbair1967;2048888 said:

I wonder if Biddle would call Jeff Fisher a liar, considering that Fisher said, "He's a very good teammate. He's a very good locker room guy. He just has made a number of bad decisions outside the building. I think you'll ask any of his teammates, anybody that has played with him -- he's a great teammate, good locker room guy [and] very, very talented player."

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words and Fisher's actions say "We'll trade a Pro Bowl talent for a conditional 4th round pick if you'll just take him off our hands."

Ratmatt

Reaction score
I don't doubt that Pacman isn't one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet,but you do have to realize that the nashville media really hates this guy.I've always heard he was a good teammate,his problems were off the field.The facts are he is on his last leg,he messes up,he will be another thug on the streets.This was a good deal for dallas.No guaranteed money,I heard maybe some activity clauses in the contract,and insurance with the picks,just in case he messes up.I like this deal,and he is one dynamic football player.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2048964 said:
I wonder if Biddle would call Jeff Fisher a liar, considering that Fisher said, "He's a very good teammate. He's a very good locker room guy. He just has made a number of bad decisions outside the building. I think you'll ask any of his teammates, anybody that has played with him -- he's a great teammate, good locker room guy [and] very, very talented player."

What does Jeff Fisher know?

How much has he been in the Titans' locker room?

Certainly not as much as this clown I'm sure.....

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
Biddle was closest to the situation, so who are we to question his take? Jones didn't become a sympathetic figure overnight just because he donned the star. And it seems to me that a "good teammate" is there for his teammates week in and week out. Just because you're a tolerable presence or a great dominoes player inbetween suspensions doesn't make you a worthwhile colleague.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Valor;2048986 said:
Biddle was closest to the situation, so who are we to question his take? Jones didn't become a sympathetic figure overnight just because he donned the star. And it seems to me that a "good teammate" is there for his teammates week in and week out. Just because you're a tolerable presence or a great dominoes player inbetween suspensions doesn't make you a worthwhile colleague.

Yeah, but that's not what the guy said - not at all. He talked about hime being bad in the locker room. Something even the head coach stated wasn't true.

This guy says that Pacman is poisonous in the locker room. Says that he had a violent temper, and guys were borderline scared of him because of his temper. Says that players may not have said it at the time, but they didn't like him as a teammates -- he was constantly running his mouth and stirring people up both on the practice field and in the locker room. Says see what Kyle VandenBosch said about him.

And when Pacman getting traded is one of the happiest days in his life?

Let's say it makes one question his impartiality in the matter.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Valor;2048986 said:

This Biddle guy is an ****** ******!!!

"Big D is for dumb"....Wow, how original and clever Mr. Biddle:rolleyes:

I would like this ****** to explain to me how this trade is dumb for Dallas. Lets summarize:

1. no guaranteed money
2. 4 yr deal, vet mins, incentive based.
3. Activity restrictions, i.e. no strip clubs I am assuming.
4. If he never plays, we get a 4 back that will be higher than 4 given.
5. If he gets suspended after playing in some games, we get a 5th.

Considering Pac was the 6th overall pick, looks to me like the Titans are getting flat out raped in this trade.

Maybe that is why Biddle has his panties in a wad.:confused:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dear Mr. Biddle,

Not your problem any more. Don't worry about it.

Signed,

Jerry Jones