Joe Biddle (Tennessee writer) on Pacman on GaC

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
They were afraid of him?

What?

If I was a veteran and some kid on the team got out of hand in the locker room I do something other than be afrais.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2048943 said:
And on a related note, why do so many other teams' beat writers openly root for the teams they cover?

$$$$

For the most part, a beat writer from another team ripping on their team on a consistent basis doesn't draw in readers.

But in Dallas if you can write negative things about the Cowboys on a consistent basis, regardless if they are factual or even remotely logical, it will draw readers.

If one of the three happiest days in the writers life is a player getting traded, me thinks this guy needs to get a life.

YAKUZA

J-DOG

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2048943 said:
This is a rather confusing column. If Biddle is so convinced that Adam Jones is a cancer and Goodell has "the goods" on him, why is he rooting for Jones to be reinstated and play again? Shouldn't he be calling for Jones to be banned for life? Or does Biddle put draft picks above principle?

And on a related note, why do so many other teams' beat writers openly root for the teams they cover?
Tennessee media kept the secret of Vince Young starting before we played them 2 years ago.
That would never happen in Dallas.
Just the opposite in my opinion.
Dallas media has the "Sky is falling" outlook and would sell thier own mother to break a story before another media outlet.
Ed Werder somehow manages to put a negative slant on every Cowboys report he does.
He works for ESPN but he worked in Dallas prior to that and covers the Dallas scene now.

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2049051 said:
This Biddle guy is an ****** ******!!!

"Big D is for dumb"....Wow, how original and clever Mr. Biddle:rolleyes:

I would like this ****** to explain to me how this trade is dumb for Dallas. Lets summarize:

1. no guaranteed money
2. 4 yr deal, vet mins, incentive based.
3. Activity restrictions, i.e. no strip clubs I am assuming.
4. If he never plays, we get a 4 back that will be higher than 4 given.
5. If he gets suspended after playing in some games, we get a 5th.

Considering Pac was the 6th overall pick, looks to me like the Titans are getting flat out raped in this trade.

Maybe that is why Biddle has his panties in a wad.:confused:

I don't care whether he likes the parameters of the trade; I only care about his character assessment. Since he was in that lockerroom on a near daily basis and we weren't, common sense dictates that he gets the benefit of the doubt. Had Pac gone to the Niners instead of Dallas, you wouldn't give two cents what Biddle thinks.

BTW, how can you stab your teammates in the back time and again and remain a popular player in-house? Seems counterintuitive.

rw54

Reaction score
Biddle likes taking shots at people like Jerry - it makes him feel important. He is like just about every other sports columnists in this regard.

This is mainly a shot at PacMan however. I don't think you guys realize how hated he is here in TN. They ran a poll this morning on the local CBS affiliate and it was 100 percent in favor of getting rid of PacMan when I left for work this morning. As far as Fisher lying about PacMan, I think it is entirely possible. PacMan drove Fisher nuts. He got in fights with teammates alot. Albert Hanesworth, who is not widely loved by his teammates, got alot of good graces with teammates and the public alike by taking PacMan on.

He is viewed as a state embarrassment and everyone at work, even non-football fans, were in celebration today. Needless to say, as a Cowboy fan, I heard it a lot at work today.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Valor;2049099 said:
BTW, how can you stab your teammates in the back time and again and remain a popular player in-house? Seems counterintuitive.

Where does it say Jones ever "stabbed his teammates in the back," let alone "time and time again"?

The only bad thing I've ever seen about Jones from any of his teammates (in regard to his relationship with them) is that he let them down by being suspended.

ndanger

Reaction score
I really think Dion Sanders will make Adam Jones his pet project and help the kid on and off the field.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Haven't posted here in a while. Been busy. I've been lurking here and there instead.

But I had to say this on Pacman: he is NOT going to stay out of trouble and anyone who assumes otherwise in here is a complete homer.

Note that I'm not arguing that he's going to ruin our team (although I think it's possible he could damage it). And I'm not arguing we got ripped off or anything like that so don't come back with 'we've got nothing to lose'. Instead, bring me evidence of Pacman's conversion from the dark side.

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2049146 said:
Where does it say Jones ever "stabbed his teammates in the back," let alone "time and time again."

I wasn't quoting anyone; I was recapping what happened. Nor was I guilty of hyperbole.

The only bad thing I've ever seen about Jones from any of his teammates (in regard to his relationship with them) is that he let them down by being suspended.

Multiple suspensions = stabbing your teammates in the back. His serial selfishness ****ed with other players' livelihoods.

BTW, what was Biddle's crime? Opining that Pacman is an unreliable, terrible human being? A team killer? That this could very well blow up in Jerry's face? We already knew that ... and made our peace with it. Truth is Biddle's defense.

LenS

Reaction score
If true, then the vets were probably scared or uneasy because they felt that Pacman was the type to use a gun (or have one of his posse use a gun) to settle a dispute with a teammate. Sure, a big OT could pound Pacman. But he's not going to do it if he thinks Pacman just might settle it later away from the team with a bullet.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Man i don't understand why people keep saying w hy did pacman pay hush man to this man who threatend his family. Like the dude shot up a night club could we be at least a little realistic.

LenS

Reaction score
stasheroo;2049001 said:
Yeah, but that's not what the guy said - not at all. He talked about hime being bad in the locker room. Something even the head coach stated wasn't true.

Coaches lie all the time about players. Especially when they want to trade someone. No coach is going to say that Player B can't run anymore if he's trying to trade him. Fisher wants to get rid of Pacman and get something for him. That's not going to happen if you start blasting Pacman for other stuff.

If they really had integrity, Tennessee would have released him a long time ago.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fanfromvirginia;2049192 said:
Haven't posted here in a while. Been busy. I've been lurking here and there instead.

But I had to say this on Pacman: he is NOT going to stay out of trouble and anyone who assumes otherwise in here is a complete homer.

Note that I'm not arguing that he's going to ruin our team (although I think it's possible he could damage it). And I'm not arguing we got ripped off or anything like that so don't come back with 'we've got nothing to lose'. Instead, bring me evidence of Pacman's conversion from the dark side.
There is no evidence of that, thus the Cowboy-friendly trade and incentive-laden contract. The Cowboys know this guy's history just like everybody else. That's why they did a pretty good job of minimizing their risk. Time will tell.

ndanger

Reaction score

I think he will have a better support system here.Should say support system period.The Titans probably could have done a better job of helping this kid.He got off to a bad start there from the get go with the whole team.I am sure no veterans there even tried to take him under their wing.I honestly feel like Dion Sanders is gonna reach out and help Jones.Gotta remember he is still just 24 years old.I can look just as far into the future as you my man. Been a fan for 40 + years dang proud to be a complete homer.I am pretty sure no evidence in any way is gonna' change your mind. Hopefully,if and when he busts a couple back for six you'll come on over from your dark side.:D :D

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ndanger;2049219 said:
Hopefully,if and when he busts a couple back for six you'll come on over from your dark side.:D :D

I think a lot of folks will come around after that happens.
:popcorn: :flagwave:

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Valor;2049099 said:
I don't care whether he likes the parameters of the trade; I only care about his character assessment. Since he was in that lockerroom on a near daily basis and we weren't, common sense dictates that he gets the benefit of the doubt. Had Pac gone to the Niners instead of Dallas, you wouldn't give two cents what Biddle thinks.

Yes, I am sure he was in the locker room at all times and witnessed every convesation and all activities 24/7. He is also not biassed in any way. That is obvious in his colum. :confused:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Valor;2049099 said:

Who gives a crap about Pac's character, this is not the freaking Boy Scouts here.

This is about performance on the field, simple as that. Pac is being traded for to cover other team's WRs and to return kicks in order to either score or improve field postion for our offense.

If Pac cant get it done, he will be shown the door like Reeves and JuJo were. If he f'ups and gets suspended again, we recoup our pick from the Titans. This is a risk free trade and if it goes south on us, we bail and cut his arse.

I am pretty confident that Pac has sold his soul to Jerry in that new 4 yr contract. I bet if Pac even looks at a strip club, he voids the whole thing.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score

Dont have to. Low risk high reward. I have never heard anything from anyone but this Titan homer suggesting Jones is a problem in the locker room. If he plays he is a probowl corner paid the minimum. If not the Cowboys recover the pick. Sorry. Its a no-brainer.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2048885 said:
Without a lot of detailed recap...

This guy says that Pacman is poisonous in the locker room. Says that he had a violent temper, and guys were borderline scared of him because of his temper. Says that players may not have said it at the time, but they didn't like him as a teammates -- he was constantly running his mouth and stirring people up both on the practice field and in the locker room. Says see what Kyle VandenBosch said about him.

Claims that the locker room was 180* different from the years Pacman was there to last year.

The Titans beat writer says that the three happiest days in his life were when 1) he got married 2) his two kids were born 3) Pacman was traded away.

Says that Pac might turn around, but he doubts he will.

Here's the article by the guy today.

Yeah Jerra, who could buy Tennessee if he wanted to, is a simpleton who was had.:rolleyes:
We shall see.
By the way, Jerra is building a billion-dollar enterprise in Arlington.
And Li'l Joe is writing in ...Tennessee.

Case closed.