Joe Biddle (Tennessee writer) on Pacman on GaC

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Valor;2049200 said:
I wasn't quoting anyone; I was recapping what happened. Nor was I guilty of hyperbole.

So, getting suspended one time is "stabbing your teammates in the back time and again"? Interesting.

BTW, what was Biddle's crime? Opining that Pacman is an unreliable, terrible human being? A team killer? That this could very well blow up in Jerry's face? We already knew that ... and made our peace with it. Truth is Biddle's defense.

I clearly stated the problem with Biddle's column (aside from the blatant homerism, which we never find among the Dallas media). Biddle thinks Jones is a huge problem and that Goodell has enough on him to keep him suspended, but Biddle is hoping that Jones gets reinstated and plays this season without any further incident or suspension. That's like saying you know a criminal is guilty, but you hope he is found innocent because you'll benefit from it personally. And I'm still waiting for any evidence of Jones being a cancer in the locker room, given all of the evidence to the contrary.

jeff

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2049315 said:
Yeah Jerra, who could buy Tennessee if he wanted to, is a simpleton who was had.:rolleyes:
We shall see.
By the way, Jerra is building a billion-dollar enterprise in Arlington.
And Li'l Joe is writing in ...Tennessee.

Case closed.

Speaking as someone from Tennessee, you sound pretty stupid and arrogant... Biddle has been a solid beat writer for the Tennessean for years. He knows the players well and he's not making stuff up.

Just last summer, Pacman (and his brother) got in a physical alteration with Albert Haynesworth at a local mall.... While he was suspended, he basically gave a 300 pound DT a fat lip. Every other night, Pac was on the news doing something stupid.

As a Cowboy fan, I hope Pac has changed, although I really don't think that kind of transformation is possible. If he starts to do well, it will go to his head and I'm afraid he'll revert to some of his old ways.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
This story is complete BS.

I know for a fact that most all of his teammates here in Nashville liked the guy as a teammate. They have said that he is the hardest worker in practice and NO ONE out worked him.

I have a friend who is close to several of the titans and he has said several times that most of them hate to see him go but they know he needs to just to get a new start.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
wow. I cant believe people defend paman the way they do. I will never understand it. Two years ago we had johnson and jones in the news and the general sentiment was thank god our organization is being run the right way thanks to parcells being at the top.

Now these two guys are on our team because Jerry is impatient and shortsighted.

Frank Wycheck was on the hardline today and he basically laid it out that pacman was and is trouble and a serious problem in every way.

I cant stand Dale Hansen, but he took some time to rip Jerry and I agreed with nearly everything he said.

Its a sad day when people will just throw away their ideals for instant or supposed instant gratification.

I for one am hoping he does not get re-instated. The more I realize this guy is actually on our team the more I hope he does not get reinstated and he is sent packing by the fall.

Flame away.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jeff;2049350 said:
Speaking as someone from Tennessee, you sound pretty stupid and arrogant... Biddle has been a solid beat writer for the Tennessean for years. He knows the players well and he's not making stuff up.

Just last summer, Pacman (and his brother) got in a physical alteration with Albert Haynesworth at a local mall.... While he was suspended, he basically gave a 300 pound DT a fat lip. Every other night, Pac was on the news doing something stupid.

As a Cowboy fan, I hope Pac has changed, although I really don't think that kind of transformation is possible. If he starts to do well, it will go to his head and I'm afraid he'll revert to some of his old ways.
Haynesworth? The thug who should be in jail for kicking off Gurode's helmet and cleating him in the face. That Haynesworth?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't doubt he was fiesty there, but now this is a new team, this is his last chance, and guys like TO won't let someone come in there and bully the locker room around.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2049391 said:
Haynesworth? The thug who should be in jail for kicking off Gurode's helmet and cleating him in the face. That Haynesworth?

Yeah that Haynesworth. This is the same Haynesworth who was in Smith county and took the smith county sheriff on a 100 MPH chase through wilson county before he got nailed. Haynesworth is no saint himself.

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2049346 said:
I clearly stated the problem with Biddle's column (aside from the blatant homerism, which we never find among the Dallas media).

So you agree that the Dallas media, unlike their brethren in Tennessee, are emotionally detached and professional. No more "mediot" cracks in the future, then.

Biddle thinks Jones is a huge problem and that Goodell has enough on him to keep him suspended, but Biddle is hoping that Jones gets reinstated and plays this season without any further incident or suspension. That's like saying you know a criminal is guilty, but you hope he is found innocent because you'll benefit from it personally.

Were we reading the same column? He wasn't be nearly that coy/cute.

And I'm still waiting for any evidence of Jones being a cancer in the locker room, given all of the evidence to the contrary.

Read the first post again. Vandenbosch is cited as a detractor. Biddle has been covering the team for years; you haven't. Biddle has privileged access to the players; you don't. They share off-the record information with him, not you. So where do you get off insinuating that he's a liar or exaggerator? His only transgression is snarkiness, in which case he has plenty of company.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
theebs;2049370 said:
wow. I cant believe people defend paman the way they do. I will never understand it. Two years ago we had johnson and jones in the news and the general sentiment was thank god our organization is being run the right way thanks to parcells being at the top.

Now these two guys are on our team because Jerry is impatient and shortsighted.

Frank Wycheck was on the hardline today and he basically laid it out that pacman was and is trouble and a serious problem in every way.

I cant stand Dale Hansen, but he took some time to rip Jerry and I agreed with nearly everything he said.

Its a sad day when people will just throw away their ideals for instant or supposed instant gratification.

I for one am hoping he does not get re-instated. The more I realize this guy is actually on our team the more I hope he does not get reinstated and he is sent packing by the fall.

Flame away.
Somehow, I don't think you'll be complaining if he returns a punt to kick us into the SB, and we win it.

Fans are weird like that sometimes. ;)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Clove;2049449 said:
Somehow, I don't think you'll be complaining if he returns a punt to kick us into the SB, and we win it.

Fans are weird like that sometimes. ;)

well think what you want. I hate everything about the guy being on the team.

Its not fair to make a statement like you just made. I wont root for the guy, I hope he doesnt get reinstated. If he is on the field I hope he doesnt fail, but I am not looking for him to be the most important piece.

I still dont stand and cheer for owens when he scores.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Valor;2049442 said:
So you agree that the Dallas media, unlike their brethren in Tennessee, are emotionally detached and professional.

I never said anything of the sort. I only said the Dallas media aren't homers like Biddle and the writers you find in many other markets.

"Emotionally detached"? It doesn't seem that way. "Professional"? You're kidding, right?

Were we reading the same column? He wasn't be nearly that coy/cute.

What are you talking about?

Read the first post again. Vandenbosch is cited as a detractor.

Vanden Bosch said NOTHING about Jones being a problem in the locker room. Again, the only negative thing he said about Jones was that his off-field incidents and suspension were a "distraction" and "negative cloud" last season -- when Jones wasn't even ALLOWED in the locker room. I have yet to see ONE teammate criticize Jones for the way he was on the field or in the locker room. Every criticism has been about his off-field actions. In the locker room, they said he was well-liked. Vanden Bosch said he is "a big Pacman fan."

Titans defensive tackle Tony Brown said, "Pacman was a good teammate in the locker room and on the field. We never saw the Pacman that got in trouble."

Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck, who hung out with Jones and about 10 other Titans on Friday nights during the 2006 season, said, "In that environment, when he's around people with direction, he's cool. ... I would love for him to hang with me."

Bulluck also said, "Pac is my guy. I respect Pac for a lot of things he does. I respect him as a person, and I’ve told him before, I have more respect for him as a person, than as a football player."

Titans quarterback Vince Young said, "That's my man. He's a good dude."

Biddle has been covering the team for years; you haven't. Biddle has privileged access to the players; you don't. They share off-the record information with him, not you. So where do you get off insinuating that he's a liar or exaggerator?

So is Biddle (a general sports columnist, not a Titans beat writer, it turns out) the only member of the Titans media who gets all of this off-the-record, inside information about how bad Jones was in the locker room, or do the rest of them just choose not to report it?

Like I said, I'm still waiting for any evidence that Jones was a cancer in the locker room. If you have some, please share.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Valor;2049442 said:
Read the first post again. Vandenbosch is cited as a detractor. Biddle has been covering the team for years; you haven't. Biddle has privileged access to the players; you don't. They share off-the record information with him, not you. So where do you get off insinuating that he's a liar or exaggerator? His only transgression is snarkiness, in which case he has plenty of company.

he really didnt say anything about him beign a bad teammate

and what this writer said was the polar opposite of what some others wrote, who all claimed he was an extremely hard practice player, trained hard and was a good teammate

David

kbduke

Reaction score
I agree completely. A no brainer trade if there ever was one. First time the guy screws up you drop him like a fat tailed scorpion. The man has ZERO room for error. He knows it, we know it, can you say MOTIVATION! Gonna make Jerry look like a genius if it works out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Given Pacmans off the field problems and the negitive attention he has brought to Tenn I have no doubt this writer and many fans are glad to be done with this so that they can move on. For Dallas the contract does have protection for the team in case Pacman falls back into his ways which is somewhat of a comfort and if Pacman can change his way Dallas has a chance of having a very good player. Only thing I did not like is Dallas is having to give up a 4th rd pick in this draft, I was hoping we would give up less

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
ndanger;2049219 said:
I think he will have a better support system here.Should say support system period.The Titans probably could have done a better job of helping this kid.He got off to a bad start there from the get go with the whole team.I am sure no veterans there even tried to take him under their wing.I honestly feel like Dion Sanders is gonna reach out and help Jones.Gotta remember he is still just 24 years old.I can look just as far into the future as you my man. Been a fan for 40 + years dang proud to be a complete homer.I am pretty sure no evidence in any way is gonna' change your mind. Hopefully,if and when he busts a couple back for six you'll come on over from your dark side.:D :D
It's possible; I'm not denying that.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
theebs;2049454 said:
well think what you want. I hate everything about the guy being on the team.

Its not fair to make a statement like you just made. I wont root for the guy, I hope he doesnt get reinstated. If he is on the field I hope he doesnt fail, but I am not looking for him to be the most important piece.

I still dont stand and cheer for owens when he scores.
I'll admit that if he stays out of trouble and plays well, I'll be as happy as anybody else. I just don't expect the former to happen.

OILERMAN

Reaction score
AdamJT13,

Pacman was not just suspended "one time", as you put it. He was suspended by Fisher during the 06 seaason, suspended for the 07 season by Goodell and then had his suspension extended for not going to mandatory meetings and being mixe up in more trouble at strip clubs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OILERMAN;2051624 said:
AdamJT13,

Pacman was not just suspended "one time", as you put it. He was suspended by Fisher during the 06 seaason, suspended for the 07 season by Goodell and then had his suspension extended for not going to mandatory meetings and being mixe up in more trouble at strip clubs.

Here's a thought:

It's not your 'problem' anymore.