Twitter: Joe Judge, Giants Offense to be Based Largely on Jason Garrett’s Offense in Dallas

RoboQB

Reaction score
"How we doing guys?
Listen we're going to start stacking days.
All the good days go here and all the bad days go over there.
And remember it's about us. We will line up and execute better
than the other guys. How many 1st round picks do we have here?"

"Uh, coach, the playbook cover says '91 Cowboys."

cristglo

Reaction score
When Jason was here in dallas he just kept doing the same thing over and over again. He refused to change his philosophy and predictability. When he played in Dallas as a player everyone pretty much knew what we were going to do but couldnt stop it. That dont work in todays NFL The question is will Jason learn and finally change his thinking? You can bet he cant wait to play the Cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t really see the joke here. I don’t see the same personnel but it’s a smart move by the Giants if it works.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Don't underestimate the Giants they will improve this year tremendously

The thing is on offense. They had a 1000 yard rusher already who was hurt during the year and between the two qb's they passed for over 4k yards.

Winning and losing will come down to their defense just like every other team but they should have a good offense. Garrett and Columbo are there to teach them toughness and to run the ball more.

I also agree our line and mindset was built by better coaches, particularly Bill Callahan, Scott Linehan and Mike Pope. It's not a coincidence that when these three basically ran our offense we had a great season in 14 and then it carried over before callahan and pope left.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That offense is about to get real good real quick. people can make fun of Garrett's offense all they want but your talking about an offense that with talent became one of the best. If they drafted the right offensive linemen with Barkley at Rb they are gonna be a tough offense.

You keep telling yourself that.
:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They must not be seeing the same things our keyboard warriors are seeing here. Interesting.

Or seeing the things that the football dunces still can't. You go right ahead and keep dying on that hill. It continues to be hilarious entertainment for the rest of us.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had to suffer for over ten years with that clown, it's about time that someone else has to. And it's a win-win that we get better for his departure while a division rival gets worse.

The only thing that could have been better is if the Eagles somehow hired him as their head coach. But nobody was dumb enough to do that again.

But I'll gladly settle for having him ruin the Giants offense for a year or two.

reddyuta

Reaction score
They must not be seeing the same things our keyboard warriors are seeing here. Interesting.

more likely they suck at evaluating coaches,if this thing goes south Garrett is the 1st one to go.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
more likely they suck at evaluating coaches,if this thing goes south Garrett is the 1st one to go.

Let's check the recent track record of Giants hires to put Mr. Snark's comments in the proper context.
  • January of 2016, the Giants fire two-time Super Bowl winning coach Tom Coughlin
  • They hired Ben McAdoo. Anyone not familiar with how that went?
  • They fire McAdoo and then choose Pat Shurmur as his replacement? Anyone not clear on him?
  • They then go out and hire another Patriots assistant. Remind me again of their track records without Belichick?
  • They follow that up by hiring our never-was head coach to screw up their offense.
Yeah, I'm confident is saying that the Giants recent track record speaks for itself.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had to suffer for over ten years with that clown, it's about time that someone else has to. And it's a win-win that we get better for his departure while a division rival gets worse.

The only thing that could have been better is if the Eagles somehow hired him as their head coach. But nobody was dumb enough to do that again.

But I'll gladly settle for having him ruin the Giants offense for a year or two.

I wonder if Joe judge asked in JGs interview why Jerry took the play calling away from him.........

Big_D

Reaction score
This is great news... for the rest of the league. I thought Judge would be smarter but he did hire Garrett in the first place so that's already out the window.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if Joe judge asked in JGs interview why Jerry took the play calling away from him.........

I think that Judge is clearly in over his head himself. The blind leading the blind there. With our Cowboys reaping the benefits. It's nice to be on the other side of that incompetence for a change.

I just hope Judge doesn't start asking Garrett about his 'plans' for the running game or this thing could be over before the season starts!
:laugh: