Twitter: Joe Judge, Giants Offense to be Based Largely on Jason Garrett’s Offense in Dallas

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It will be ironic when garrett turns out to be an innovator on the level of Landry.
he was never a innovator here, that is what hurt him.
JG was a copier , and he wasnt very good at that either.
The only thing he can do is re-invent himself and somehow be more innovative.

Sometimes being fired will motivate a person to be more than they were when they got fired.
it will be fun to see what happens.
I do think jones is more suited to JG's style than dak or romo was.

MikeB80

Reaction score
What stuck out to me was "Though Kellem Moore held the title of offensive coordinator, Jason Garrett's fingerprints were indeed all over the offensive structure for Dallas in 2019". According to a lot of CZ posters Jason got tired of letting Kellen have control of his offense.

Romo pointed out in the middle of the season that it was in fact garretts offense during an interview.

also, I bet garrett had a number of people on his side in the locker room looking to him to be a part of the offense.

Just go watch witten's repeated reactions coming off the field to Moore last year or travis frederick's reaction to moores play calling on that final drive vs minnesota.

I am still surprised McCarthy kept moore around and I really do not understand why he did.

It was one think when Bill Callahan, Scott Linehan and Mike Pope were here to run the offenses and make decisions....it is a totally different situation when Kellen Moore is put in charge of it. I honestly do not blame garrett for strong arming him if he did. This is a situation you get though with our owner, he will try to have it all ways. He wanted to keep garrett and he wanted a new offensive coordinator with no experience and a pretty run of the mill staff around him. Should have made a decision and chose one or the other.

again I really do not understand why Kellen Moore is here or why he will be allowed to all plays this year. McCarthy's life is calling plays and building offenses in the nfl....that is what you paid him for. I have to imagine Moore will be in a different organization in two or three years.

it also strikes me as ironic that the same people who wanted moore to take over last year were the exact people who wanted richard to take over. Now they are all glad richard is gone. I imagine in time the feelings will be the same for moore.

MikeB80

Reaction score
he was never a innovator here, that is what hurt him.
JG was a copier , and he wasnt very good at that either.
The only thing he can do is re-invent himself and somehow be more innovative.

Sometimes being fired will motivate a person to be more than they were when they got fired.
it will be fun to see what happens.
I do think jones is more suited to JG's style than dak or romo was.

it's 2020. Nobody is inventing a new offense. Basically everyone is running a hybrid of the three major nfl systems with the new mixed in spread concepts with the rub routes from college and the option with the running qb.

anyone who is claiming to be inventing a new offense or is an innovator is lying or ignorant to those coaches who have come before him in this league.

Its really just a matter of which terminology the coach is using and which blocking system are they running.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it's 2020. Nobody is inventing a new offense. Basically everyone is running a hybrid of the three major nfl systems with the new mixed in spread concepts with the rub routes from college and the option with the running qb.

anyone who is claiming to be inventing a new offense or is an innovator is lying or ignorant to those coaches who have come before him in this league.

Its really just a matter of which terminology the coach is using and which blocking system are they running.
key word is hybrid, that is where the innovation would come in , it is the little variations that make a difference.
It is also being able to adjust to what a defense is doing during a game, which requires some innovation, and JG was never good at that.