Twitter: Joe Judge, Giants Offense to be Based Largely on Jason Garrett’s Offense in Dallas

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based largely on Jason Garrett's offense in Dallas?

You mean the one he was stripped of playcalling duties by the owner?

3a5e5e5b80079b38392f4daae7bf023421e869e997d447f077a841bc9bff06da.jpg

I'm loving how the uninformed point to the 2019 Cowboys for their example.

It hasn't been "Garrett's offense" around here since he was stripped of playcalling duties in 2012!
:lmao:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Just some food for thought here. Joe Judge was mentored by Bill Belichick. Bill Belichick personally endorsed Joe Judge and that went a LONG way to him getting the HC job at the Giants. Would it stand to reason that Judge talked about his staff with Bill Belichick and got his feed back on them before he hired them? So basically, if Garrett was as bad as most of you guys say he is, if he is so incompetent, if is O is the worst ever in the NFL, I wonder why he was hired by Joe Judge. Maybe it was because Garrett spent a few years as back up QB in NY and they felt they owed it him, regardless of what some coach who help win them 2 SB had to say.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So basically, if Garrett was as bad as most of you guys say he is, if he is so incompetent, if is O is the worst ever in the NFL, I wonder why he was hired by Joe Judge. Maybe it was because Garrett spent a few years as back up QB in NY and they felt they owed it him, regardless of what some coach who help win them 2 SB had to say.
Because he sucked up to the Mara family years ago just like he did to the Jones one.

He's as talented a politician and executive salesman as he is average (at best) as a football coach.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Because he sucked up to the Mara family years ago just like he did to the Jones one.

He's as talented a politician and executive salesman as he is average (at best) as a football coach.

So how other coaches feel about him or talk about him had nothng to do with it.. it was all because the Mara's "liked" him that they forced him on their first year HC. Makes complete and total sense.... NOT.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So how other coaches feel about him or talk about him had nothng to do with it.. it was all because the Mara's "liked" him that they forced him on their first year HC. Makes complete and total sense.... NOT.
Actually it does make total sense. The only team that had any interest in him was the only other team that had owners who loved him.

Total coincidence, I'm sure.

Big_D

Reaction score
You justified my analysis of being lazy in your response. Garrett was the OC of Dallas offenses from 2007-2010. The offense was successful enough that it led to all his head coaching interviews and offers. He was a good OC and play caller before stepping in as head coach, which seems to have been too much too soon for him.

“In January 2007, Garrett was hired by the Dallas Cowboys as offensive coordinator. He guided the Cowboys to the 2nd best offense in the NFL, which made him an attractive head coaching prospect. In January 2008, Garrett interviewed for the head coaching job of the Baltimore Ravens and the Atlanta Falcons, receiving offers from both, but ultimately opted to remain in Dallas.[19] His salary for the 2008 season was nearly $3 million; the highest salary for an assistant coach in the NFL at the time.[20] On December 29, 2008, the Detroit Lions received permission to speak to Garrett regarding the team's head coaching vacancy according to ESPN sources.[21] In January 2009, the Denver Broncos also interviewed him as a possible replacement for fired coach Mike Shanahan.[22]He was also a finalist for the St. Louis Rams head coaching position, to replace Jim Haslett, the interim head coach.”

lol how do you not account for that offense in 2006? He didn't exactly turn things around. That was a dam good offense before he got here and any coach could've made it work. They slowly faded off and by 2009 was a complete joke in that Minnesota playoff game. I don't care if other teams were interested. Wish we could've gotten rid of him. He still couldn't manage a clock and rushing TDs slowly disappeared until it all was on the QB a few short years down the line. They could've brought in any coach in 2007 and put up numbers. The guy's crap now, and he was crap then.

Last edited:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Wish the Giants and Raiders played each other. The Air Garrett offense vs. the Bend But Don't Break Marinelli Special defense

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have no problem with a division rival that refuses to adjust to anything.

The question is...when he drops the line "it's a process," the NY fans and media arent going to give him a decade to make good on that...so does Garrett throw Judge under the bus at that point, and will Mara fall for it the way Jerry did?

I think Garrett's scheme from the word go was to be the NYG HC, and figures he did it once and can do it again. Either way, a rookie HC in NY isnt going to be able to survive the dysfunction that's about to hit that team.

I agree and think that's how it's going to go down. I'm guessing Judge is going to be in over his head and Garrett will be standing there waiting like a rabid dog to pounce.

pansophy

Reaction score
What will people say when Barkley has 200 scrimmage yards against us?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I care not what Garrett does with the Giants. if he does anything for them like what he did with us, may God help 'em! (It's for sure he won't.) :grin:

Last edited:

Valkyr

Reaction score
Absolutely used to infuriate me when the ball was snapped at 0.001 seconds.

No clue what the point of that was.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Daniel Jones is better equipped to run that type of Offense than Dak was. If they get improved play from their OL, their offense will be good. They have a very talented RB and a QB that can read the defense and throws with anticipation, things Dak struggled with. And he is also pretty athletic QB as well, maybe not as good as Dak in that aspect for sure but he is a much better pure passer than Dak. I wouldn't sleep on the G-men. I think they are a year or two away from really competing for anything but they will be a tough out in the mean time.

I very much like Jones. I also love Barkley. Its the Oline that is the problem there. And the WR's core is low end.

However your claim that Dak was poor at reading defenses and anticipation is false. We told you that it was simply a matter of two things:

-quality WR's and scheme. The moment we got Cooper and Moore opened up the passing game, Dak went off. No sense in bringing up past discussions that have already been proven to be false.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
What will people say when Barkley has 200 scrimmage yards against us?

And Gints lose the game ? LOL .

DL especially DTs should be much better this year and so I will be surprised if any RB gets 200, even Barkley [ a special talent] .