Joe Judge - Wade Phillips all over again

khiladi

Reaction score
Please keep this in the “Fan Zone”, as it relates to the “next Tom Landry”. Man, I remember when the majority of folks on this board were demolishing Wade, rejoicing on the fact Garrett was replacing him, while Wade, the whole season, was pretty much making allusions to the incompetence of the “genius” play-caller. Most of them were crying how the Cowboys were losing because of the defense and that Garrett was bringing discipline and a real culture to “Camp Cupcake”. They were telling us how Marion Barber being forced to sit the first series because he didn’t wear a tie was the sign of a new day, as the new sheriff was in town.

Guys like Crayton and other WRs were being bashed as malcontents, but now you’ve got multiple WRs openly feuding with Garrett. Man, it’s great..

Plenty of those rejoicing were the “Romo haters” who latched onto the Garrett-excuse to defend their mediocre QB, Dak. It was pretty convenient, but we all know even Jerry has enough of his adopted son calling plays, that he banished him completely from the offense in 2014. As soon as Romo got “Peyton-like” responsibilities, forcing it with the contract, he was arguably the MVP, going undefeated on the road and utilizing the running game on his own accord. Even Jerry couldn’t go back to defending his boy as a play caller, so he remained content in giving the coordinators the real power, with him the figurehead.

Man, I love the fact that Garrett became the OC fur the Giants, to expose the trash Romo had to deal with. Man, Jones isn’t on any level the QB Romo is, but I feel sorry for him, that he’s got to work with the “QB whisperer” to develop his talent. Garrett probably set Daniel Jones back years.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/23/joe-judge-finally-had-enough-of-jason-garretts-giants-offense/

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/11/f...g-fired-by-joe-judge-source-its-terrible.html

Last edited:

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking back now, Romo wasn’t all that great, either. Man, his work ethic was quite bad for a professional, looking like 235lbs of hotdog paste poured into a football uniform.

But yeah, Garrett sucked then and sucks now. He’ll end up sabotaging Judge out of a job like he did Wade.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Please keep this in the “Fan Zone”, as it relates to the “next Tom Landry”. Man, I remember when the majority of folks on this board were demolishing Wade, rejoicing on the fact Garrett was replacing him, while Wade, the whole season, was pretty much making allusions to the incompetence of the “genius” play-caller.

Plenty of those rejoicing were the “Romo haters” who latched onto the Garrett-excuse to defend their mediocre QB, Dak. It was pretty convenient, but we all know even Jerry has enough of his adopted son calling plays, that he banished him completely from the offense in 2014.

Man, I love the fact that Garrett became the OC fur the Giants, to expose the trash Romo had to deal with. Man, Jones isn’t on any level the QB Romo is, but I feel sorry for him, that he’s got to work with the “QB whisperer” to develop his talent.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/23/joe-judge-finally-had-enough-of-jason-garretts-giants-offense/
Completely agree.

I live in Giants country and it's clear to most that Garrett is holding them back. He has about ruined that QB, and why Prescott gets a huge benefit of the doubt from me.

lkelly

Reaction score
To say that Daniel Jones was set back 5 years would force us to assume that Jones lasts 5 more years. I'm guessing this is his last year as a starter. Maybe he holds a clipboard for another half decade.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to get an offensive lineman that didn't suck. Oh wait.. Dallas can't do that either. Guess the ghost of The Clapper is still in Dallas.

khiladi

Reaction score
Where have we heard this before:

Last year, wide receiver Golden Tate was suspended after looking to the sideline during a game and yelling (in Garrett’s direction) to “throw me the damn ball”. He also said that into an ESPN camera after scoring a touchdown.

In October, Tate — now out of the league — went on NFL Network’s “Good Morning Football” and said about Garrett: “I think he can be better. Look, Jason has amazing stories. Great storyteller, but that’s not winning games, or scoring points. I don’t understand why the Giants are struggling to score points.

“You have the personnel. I don’t know what the issue is.”

The Giants are the only team in the NFL that hasn’t scored 30 offensive points since the start of the 2020 season, and they have the worst red-zone offense in the NFL this year. Jones has thrown only 20 touchdown passes in 24 games with Garrett. As a rookie, he threw for 24 touchdowns in 13 games with Pat Shurmur calling plays.

khiladi

Reaction score
To say that Daniel Jones was set back 5 years would force us to assume that Jones lasts 5 more years. I'm guessing this is his last year as a starter. Maybe he holds a clipboard for another half decade.

Garrett is fired before they bench DJ. Just like with respect to the Jones family, Garrett has connections to the Mara family through his father, going years back.

But NY-media is not the same as Dallas. And they were calling for his head last year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Please keep this in the “Fan Zone”, as it relates to the “next Tom Landry”. Man, I remember when the majority of folks on this board were demolishing Wade, rejoicing on the fact Garrett was replacing him, while Wade, the whole season, was pretty much making allusions to the incompetence of the “genius” play-caller.

Plenty of those rejoicing were the “Romo haters” who latched onto the Garrett-excuse to defend their mediocre QB, Dak. It was pretty convenient, but we all know even Jerry has enough of his adopted son calling plays, that he banished him completely from the offense in 2014.

Man, I love the fact that Garrett became the OC fur the Giants, to expose the trash Romo had to deal with. Man, Jones isn’t on any level the QB Romo is, but I feel sorry for him, that he’s got to work with the “QB whisperer” to develop his talent. Garrett probably set Daniel Jones back years. Garrett probably set DJ back years.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/11/f...g-fired-by-joe-judge-source-its-terrible.html
jones was reach and bad pick the day he drafted and his paly not the coaches have just proves they made mistake..remember the excuses that jets qb got then went top Carolina and was reborn and would show how bad the jet coaches were, oh wait hes now benched and hes been replaced by retread in Cam..lmao..

when you are bad you are bad and this thread wont age well..

Jones is terrible, as was rosen, darnold, and so many 1st rounders i cant been take the time to go list them..no coaching will make them better..all busts the day drafted..the league is desperate for qbs and Gms make huge mistakes reaching for them and then what you are surprised they are bad?

Garett played with 4th round qb who wasn't supposed to pay until 3 injuries' thrust him into the spot..dak a good qb but its not like he was supposed to be the next HOF qb and somehow garett ruined him..dak is who is he because he turned 4th round skillset into great player with work ethic but you can still see he falls back to some of those bad habits that created situation he fell to the 4th round..his technique and pocket presence has caused this little slump hes in..

he will get it back together but my pint is you are what you are and coaching is not ruin these guys, they came into the nfl that way..some can be made bit improved but typically revert back to those bad habits..

jones is trash and NY in trouble as well as any team needing a qb in this next draft i see a bunch of low round qbs being taken in the first round because there no true elite type qb coming out anytime soon from what ive seen or heard..

guys like Herbert or Burrows have teams believing they can get that lucky, sorry those are anomaly's not the norm..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I read this earlier, It seems to me Garrett's voicing frustration of his assistant coaches as well. I know he gets a ton of blame for his issues here and rightfully so, but I'm not sure the issues with the Giants are his fault. His QB is a turnover machine, star RB had been injured more games than he's played, and the OL had never been good.

BTW.......I get he was not a good head coach but he was a good OC for us.

khiladi

Reaction score
jones was reach and bad pick the day he drafted and his paly not the coaches have just proves they made mistake..remember the excuses that jets qb got then went top Carolina and was reborn and would show how bad the jet coaches were, oh wait hes now benched and hes been replaced by retread in Cam..lmao..

when you are bad you are bad and this thread wont age well..

Jones is terrible, as was rosen, darnold, and so many 1st rounders i cant been take the time to go list them..no coaching will make them better..all busts the day drafted..the league is desperate for qbs and Gms make huge mistakes reaching for them and then what you are surprised they are bad?

Garett played with 4th round qb who wasn't supposed to pay until 3 injuries' thrust him into the spot..dak a good qb but its not like he was supposed to be the next HOF qb and somehow garett ruined him..dak is who is he because he turned 4th round skillset into great player with work ethic but you can still see he falls back to some of those bad habits that created situation he fell to the 4th round..his technique and pocket presence has caused this little slump hes in..

he will get it back together but my pint is you are what you are and coaching is not ruin these guys, they came into the nfl that way..some can be made bit improved but typically revert back to those bad habits..

jones is trash and NY in trouble as well as any team needing a qb in this next draft i see a bunch of low round qbs being taken in the first round because there no true elite type qb coming out anytime soon from what ive seen or heard..

guys like Herbert or Burrows have teams believing they can get that lucky, sorry those are anomaly's not the norm..

This must be @Idgit burber account.

I mean, Jones may suck, but they clearly got worse with Garrett. Plus, nobody calls Joe Brady an offensive guru or “the next Tom Landry” either and awards them a HC job for the most prestigious job in football.

And Darnold is not Romo, still started off decent, lost McCaffery, their OL was garbsge, and got a fractured scapula and placed on IR.

Keep defending the following:

The Giants are the only team in the NFL that hasn’t scored 30 offensive points since the start of the 2020 season, and they have the worst red-zone offense in the NFL this year. Jones has thrown only 20 touchdown passes in 24 games with Garrett. As a rookie, he threw for 24 touchdowns in 13 games with Pat Shurmur calling plays.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I read this earlier, It seems to me Garrett's voicing frustration of his assistant coaches as well. I know he gets a ton of blame for his issues here and rightfully so, but I'm not sure the issues with the Giants are his fault. His QB is a turnover machine, star RB had been injured more games than he's played, and the OL had never been good.

BTW.......I get he was not a good head coach but he was a good OC for us.
they arent old garett haters just peakig their head back out and wont let it doe..that trash offense jones sucks , sb cant stay in the field and the wrs are woefully inconsistent.,. The NY offense blows and it was like thats before garret got there..

its not his team to fix i mean they were tied 10-10 last night and what happened the defense gave up 30points and well those aren't garetts or judges offense they need full purge on offense, new qb etc this is on the owner and GM

they have an offense like we had 4 years + before romo got here..if you dont have a qb , run game etc you wont win in this league..they have neither..

blueblood70

Reaction score
This must be @Idgit burber account.

I mean, Jones may suck, but they clearly got worse with Garrett.
no they didn't clearly, you clearly cant get passed the garret hate..they are talentless.

BTW the post itself is utterly ridiculous

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, becoming self aware...

The offense's lack of production has all eyes on coordinator Jason Garrett. The Giants have scored 30 points once in 26 games since he joined the team.

So will Garrett remain as the offensive coordinator?

"I'm not going to go into it right now," Judge said.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When the GM and HC are complete trash, that will kinda make things difficult on the QB.
It certainly doesn’t help.

But Romo was also an undisciplined player and acted like he had nothing to learn from coaches. The proof of that was in the first few weeks of 2014 season. I don’t think he would’ve won a single Super Bowl even if he played with the best HC (Belichick). Too many careless risks.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
they arent old garett haters just peakig their head back out and wont let it doe..that trash offense jones sucks , sb cant stay in the field and the wrs are woefully inconsistent.,. The NY offense blows and it was like thats before garret got there..

its not his team to fix i mean they were tied 10-10 last night and what happened the defense gave up 30points and well those aren't garetts or judges offense they need full purge on offense, new qb etc this is on the owner and GM

they have an offense like we had 4 years + before romo got here..if you dont have a qb , run game etc you wont win in this league..they have neither..

Agree.....appears he's becoming the scapegoat for some issues beyond his control