Joe Judge - Wade Phillips all over again

khiladi

Reaction score
I read this earlier, It seems to me Garrett's voicing frustration of his assistant coaches as well. I know he gets a ton of blame for his issues here and rightfully so, but I'm not sure the issues with the Giants are his fault. His QB is a turnover machine, star RB had been injured more games than he's played, and the OL had never been good.

BTW.......I get he was not a good head coach but he was a good OC for us.

Meaning he’s shifting the blame to other folks like he did in Dallas. Garrett-apologists never cease to amaze. He brought Columbo and Dooley with him to the Giants. Those POSiTION coaches were HIS BOYS.

Everybody on that staff is basically a Saban connection, including Garrett himself.

Garrett’s offense had 19 TOs in seven games the year Wade was fired. His whole career as play caller here, he was a bottom half red zone QB. You Garrett-apologists still at it with the same shenanigans. So everywhere he goes, it just so happens he’s faced with the same ‘resistance’ to what he wants to do.

LOL..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Meaning he’s shifting the blame to other folks like he did in Dallas. Garrett-apologists never cease to amaze. He brought Columbo and Dooley with him to the Giants. Everybody on that staff is basically a Saban connection.

Garrett’s offense had 19 TOs in seven games the year Wade was fired.

Everytime I argue about things on here that are obvious problems but people still defend it I remind myself that people actually Pom Pom’d for Garrett until the very end.

Some people are just super fans lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agree.....appears he's becoming the scapegoat for some issues beyond his control

not like he built the team Blame Jerry here rights but not the NYG GM and owner?? that offense isnt even judges let alone Garetts they inherited that garbage,, remember right before p[parcels came in how bad we were, and it took him 3 season to even get relative on offense and he pickled the players..well the GM and owner over in NY are picking garbage..them sticking with Barkely and Jones are part of the issue,,not admitting to their mistakes and stubbornly playing them is the issue. Colt Mccoy or case keenum would be better then jones.. players like Fitz are better then jones..they dotn see it but hey let them rot, im enjoying it..lol

khiladi

Reaction score
In 2020, the Giants defense was 9th in scoring defense. They were 30th in scoring.

They were 18th the year before Garrett got there. And that was with an AWFUL Mike Schula and Barkley out the whole year.

But yeah, everybody else fault.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This must be @Idgit burber account.

I mean, Jones may suck, but they clearly got worse with Garrett. Plus, nobody calls Joe Brady an offensive guru or “the next Tom Landry” either and awards them a HC job for the most prestigious job in football.

And Darnold is not Romo, still started off decent, lost McCaffery, their OL was garbsge, and got a fractured scapula and placed on IR.

Keep defending the following:

Jones is bad as in bad..........I work with a former Giant season ticket holder. He blames GM for drafting Jones.......

khiladi

Reaction score
not like he built the team Blame Jerry here rights but not the NYG GM and owner?? that offense isnt even judges let alone Garetts they inherited that garbage,, remember right before p[parcels came in how bad we were, and it took him 3 season to even get relative on offense and he pickled the players..well the GM and owner over in NY are picking garbage..them sticking with Barkely and Jones are part of the issue,,not admitting to their mistakes and stubbornly playing them is the issue. Colt Mccoy or case keenum would be better then jones.. players like Fitz are better then jones..they dotn see it but hey let them rot, im enjoying it..lol

Like Jones, Garrett has family ties to Mara. The two owners your blaming are the only two owners that would give him a job. Man, Garrett apologists are so delusional.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Judge and the Giants figured out in two years what Jerry Jones couldn’t for over a decade.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jones is bad as in bad..........I work with a former Giant season ticket holder. He blames GM for drafting Jones.......

Yes, we know a TO prone fumbling QB, would get even worse under a TO prone offense led by Jason Garrett.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Like Jones, Garrett has family ties to Mara. The two owners your blaming are the only two owners that would give him a job. Man, Garrett apologists are so delusional.
sorry you are wrong trash in trash out long before Garett got there..next stupid thread please stand up please stand up..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Meaning he’s shifting the blame to other folks like he did in Dallas. Garrett-apologists never cease to amaze. He brought Columbo and Dooley with him to the Giants. Those POSiTION coaches were HIS BOYS.

Everybody on that staff is basically a Saban connection, including Garrett himself.

Garrett’s offense had 19 TOs in seven games the year Wade was fired. His whole career as play caller here, he was a bottom half red zone QB. You Garrett-apologists still at it with the same shenanigans. So everywhere he goes, it just so happens he’s faced with the same ‘resistance’ to what he wants to do.

LOL..

Do you remember the job he did as the Cowboys OC??????

khiladi

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and look at Jones’ numbers with Shurmur before Garrett. Get informed.

Exactly..

Jones got worse the moment Garrett came here. Jones threw for 24 TDs and 12 INTs and over 3000 yards in 12 starts his first year here. In 14 games with Garrett, in an extra game, he threw only 11 TDs, meaning 13 TD drop while increasing his game output by 2.

khiladi

Reaction score
sorry you are wrong trash in trash out long before Garett got there..next stupid thread please stand up please stand up..

No, I’m actually right and your just a Garrett-homer, taking on the excuses of your hero, “the next Tom Landry”. Jim Garrett didn’t have ties to Mara, nor did his son end up in NY after his career in Dallas either.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Exactly..

Jones got worse the moment Garrett came here. Jones threw for 24 TDs and 12 INTs and over 3000 yards in 12 starts his first year here, without Garrett.

OK ....then why the change? Especially after a stellar rookie year

blueblood70

Reaction score
No, I’m actually right and your just a Garrett-homer, taking on the excuses of your hero, “the next Tom Landry”. Jim Garrett didn’t have ties to Mara, nor did his son end up in NY after his career in Dallas either.
No i can care less about Garett NY sucked before him and the same with him and will until they rebuild the offense starting with real qb..next ridiculous reply please stand up..

Darkhound

Reaction score
Jason Garrett will NEVER be a head coach in the NFL again.

Jerry loved that man so much that he even said AFTER letting him go said that Garrett would coach a team to a Super Bowl one day.

That is the football mind that's running this organization.

I FEAR HE WILL, in fact I HOPE HE DOES... becuase I AM VERY sure and certain, that if he goes unemployed, JJ will find a way to bring him back to Dallas Cowboys. stating that he is "family"

HungryLion

Reaction score
Garrett still getting the “personnel” and “assistant coaches fault” excuses. Lmao.

One thing to note: Garrett can’t get good assistant coaches because good assistant coaches don’t want to work for him because they know he stinks. So he is stuck using “his guys”

His last year as our head coach we had a freaking scout as our special teams coordinator for crying out loud.

khiladi

Reaction score
OK ....then why the change? Especially after a stellar rookie year

Because they got a new coach and had problems offensively already. Nobody disputes their offense was mediocre, it went from mediocre to “Jason Garrett” levels of ineptitude. That’s the point.

The random casual who didn’t see what the unbiased Cowboy fans saw thought Garrett was going to develop a promising QB in Jones. They saw what was basically built in Dallas after Garrett’s demotion from play calling duties and influence, as part of Garrett’s work.

What is happening in NY land basically is shining proof that Garrett set this franchise back years and was one of Jones worst decisions ever. Careers like Romo and Witten were wasted. In fact, it is worse than choosing Greg Ellis over Randy Moss.