Twitter: Joe Whitt Jr. interviewed

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Good post. Frankly, that's why it's surprising he might be considering someone who's never been a DC before. You'd think he's want the safest best possible. Especially considering we're not looking for some record-breaking defense here. With our offense, we're just looking for something reliable and not terrible

Agree! I’d find biggest name with a track record floating around and tell Jerry this is what he needs. This seems dangerous and hitching himself to a known to him but unknown as a DC

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I dont like this. I dont like it one bit. I also know nothing about the guy, except whats posted on this thread. In all seriousness I thought you hired guys with recent success, not coming off terrible seasons?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I dont like this. I dont like it one bit. I also know nothing about the guy, except whats posted on this thread. In all seriousness I thought you hired guys with recent success, not coming off terrible seasons?

Remember it's just an interview ( likely to meet Stephen and Jerry ). I seriously he's the guy w/o interviewing a few more. Read a couple of tweets earlier where at least 2 local newspapers are going after Jerry and Stephen pretty hard if they don't consider other candidates who are not MM buddies (lol).

Reactions: CWR

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Laugh all you want, but remember it seems that only you cry about other peoples opinions if they don't align with yours, I think that speaks volumes.....
Wrong. I just out the habitual haters like you who do nothing but post hate.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The search this time last year could have been a bit more extensive.

If not for the Rooney Rule, there would have been exactly ONE guy interviewed.

Picking bad coaches is just as disastrous as picking the wrong players.

I don't believe Jerry does much of the work at all when it comes to things like the draft board....

But he is 100% hands on when it comes to coach selection, and he has blown it accordingly since Parcells.
Yeah we have a part time 78 year old GM.

He love the GM title and power and it's a cool thingy job, when he not too busy booking concerts, soccer and WWE matches and taking a nap after drinking a 5th of JW.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I know nothing about this guy, but I know MM has to get this hire right. If he doesn’t, he will not be the coach in 2022. If this is the guy he wants to ride with, I am on board.
Do we waste a year figuring it out? Why not hire a proven commodity?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
For an organization that has no where to go but up, they are trying their damnedest to keep their seat at the BOTTOM FEEDER'S TABLE. What a joke, does anyone honestly believe this team will be better than a 4-5 win team when they are consistently interviewing horrible retreads to fill their coaching positions????? MM doesn't have a clue on how to lure and hire WELL QUALIFIED NFL COACHES, Rogers was right about this dude when he forced the Packer's GM to fire the loser.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Mike could feel it’s a threat to his job...
Hey brother, you called the Nolan hire terrible bad right off the bat, you have cred. So now I'll ask who would you like to see?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Good post. Frankly, that's why it's surprising he might be considering someone who's never been a DC before. You'd think he's want the safest best possible. Especially considering we're not looking for some record-breaking defense here. With our offense, we're just looking for something reliable and not terrible

I agree. That's why Quinn being rumored to be the pick makes more sense.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hey brother, you called the Nolan hire terrible bad right off the bat, you have cred. So now I'll ask who would you like to see?

At least 50 percent of this board called the Nolan hire terrible. And about 50 percent will call whoever we hire next terrible. This is the way.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Agree! I’d find biggest name with a track record floating around and tell Jerry this is what he needs. This seems dangerous and hitching himself to a known to him but unknown as a DC
This is why dudes like you shouldnt talk bad about Jerry. You think just like him. Biggest name :facepalm:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This is why dudes like you shouldnt talk bad about Jerry. You think just like him. Biggest name :facepalm:

You completely miss the part “with a track record.” I’m not looking for a big splash. I’m looking for the top available guy in the field who has some skins on the wall. Jerry has the cash. Nolan hadn’t had a good D in ages and was a bad hire. MMs second hire in 2 years being a guy who hasn’t been a D coordinator before and just resided over one of the leagues worsts secondary’s is a shot in the dark. But you be you and throw assumed nonsense out there with a lame emoji without reading the post. Move along

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
At least 50 percent of this board called the Nolan hire terrible. And about 50 percent will call whoever we hire next terrible. This is the way.
Lol...maybe so, i guess i just noticed his more so when it happened.

What are your thoughts on Quinn?

gimmesix

Reaction score
Lol...maybe so, i guess i just noticed his more so when it happened.

What are your thoughts on Quinn?

Mixed. He had success in Seattle, but he was also defensive coordinator under a defensive-minded head coach, so it's hard to tell how much of that success was his and how much was Carroll's. But doing a little research into his time in Atlanta, he also had some success defensively during 2016 and 2017 when the Falcons went to the Super Bowl and when they made the playoffs. His 2017 team was eighth in points allowed and held its two opponents in the playoffs to 15 or fewer (losing to Philly 15-10). The 2016 team, despite the Super Bowl letdown, also held its playoff opponents to 21 and 20 points to reach the big game. So the question is, why did it all fall apart on him the last three years?

Can Quinn return to that success that he had in Seattle and a couple of years in Atlanta or have teams and rules changes caught up to what he was doing?