Signed by Cowboys Joe Whitt Jr. new secondary coach

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Whitt coached some pretty good secondaries with the Packers and Quinn had some defensive success in Atlanta before it went south. So the question is why have the past few years been so bad.

There are two options IMO. Either offenses have caught up to Quinn's schemes or the Falcons had personnel issues. Or a combination of both.

Definitely personnel issues:

LDE 55 MEANS, STEVEN SF18 92 Harris, Charles T/Mia
LDT 97 Jarrett, Grady 15/5 94 Senat, Deadrin 18/3
RDT 96 Davison, Tyeler U/NOa 90 Davidson, Marlon 20/2 50 Cominsky, John 19/4
RDE 56 Fowler Jr., Dante U/LAR 93 BAILEY, ALLEN SF19 91 Tuioti-Mariner, Jacob CF18
LB 45 Jones, Deion 16/2 59 REYNOLDS, LAROY U/Cin 46 Robinson, Edmond SF20
LB 54 Oluokun, Foyesade 18/6 43 Walker, Mykal 20/4
LB 43 Walker, Mykal 20/4
LCB 24 Terrell, AJ 20/1 20 Sheffield, Kendall 19/4 44 Hall, Tyler CF20
S 37 Allen, Ricardo 14/5 41 Neasman, Sharrod CF16
S 22 Neal, Keanu 16/1 32 Hawkins, Jaylinn 20/4
RCB 34 Dennard, Darqueze SF20 26 Oliver, Isaiah 18/2 33 WREH-WILSON, BLIDI SF16

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If you want to think that every speculation that sportswriters and insiders have made have been 100% right you go right ahead. If you do I have some swamp land for sale.

You confuse speculation with reports.

Words have meaning. The world is a less confusing place when you attend to what words mean.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure I like that very much, I could be wrong, but I just don't get hiring guys who led terrible defenses and secondaries, to come fix your terrible defense and secondary. Hmmmm:huh:
you have to be as smart as the jones boys to understand that lol.
Evidently your just not on their level !!;)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
we deserve everything we get next year,this old boys club is nauseating.
yes it is a lifetime job, just different teams.
no matter how bad they do, they can always get another job, on one of the teams because they know someone on the team.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The League has to react to all this coaching talent Dallas is signing. Expect Zeke to be suspended 6 games to level the playing field.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I heard on Cowboys report with Tom Downey that they plan on hiring the Chargers dline assist/dline coach GIFF SMITH as the new DLINE COACH. That means Edwards either stays on to coach the linebackers(mccurley could be gone) OR Edwards may leave and McCurley may stay in his current role.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Bingo. I would almost say their defense is in better shape

Which means the defensive coaching changes are doomed to fail if they are all we do. We need multiple personnel upgrades that we can't get just by good drafting. At most, we might draft two stud defensive players and if we're lucky three defensive starters if we use our first three picks on that side of the ball. (We could get lucky later in the draft, but that's always iffy.) At the same time, we might get one quality starter and a couple of replaceable starters (like we've gotten with Maliek Collins, Chidobe Awuzie, etc.) or even no quality starters.

The Joneses are going to have to go after quality starters in free agency if they are serious about fixing the defense. If they want to go cheap with washed-up players like Poe and Dix or depth players at best like Canady and Worley, then we can't expect the coaches to do much with that.

It's a good thing to sign depth like Dalton and Blake Bell on offense when you are not counting on them to be starters, but we need starters on defense and not just bodies.