Joey Porter Jr. has had a problem with penalties in his career

Penalties or not he's a massive upgrade.

2025 PFF Performance Metrics
    • Overall Defense Grade: 70.2 (ranking 21st among cornerbacks with 600+ snaps)
    • Coverage Grade: 76.6 (No. 9 in the NFL)
    • Passer Rating Allowed: 55.9 (3rd-lowest in the NFL)
    • Catch Rate Allowed: 47.8% (Top-10 / 4th in the league)
    • Forced Incompletion Rate: 23.9% (3rd in the NFL with 16 forced incompletions)
    • Yards Allowed Per Coverage Snap: 0.58 (2nd best in the league)
 
It amazes me when Dallas makes a big time trade all the experts say its a bad trade ! Dallas could trade for Patrick Mahomes and everyone would bad mouth it ! Yesterday these same so called experts thought Detroit was getting him calling it a great trade given! Unreal!
The same people dumping on getting Porter are the same ones with snarky remarks about "going all in" when the Cowboys sign Alex Austin to the practice squad. They cannot allow themselves to be happy about anything.
 
The same people dumping on getting Porter are the same ones with snarky remarks about "going all in" when the Cowboys sign Alex Austin to the practice squad. They cannot allow themselves to be happy about anything.
With all due respect, the Cowboys have earned all the criticism they get. Fans are cynical because after 31 years of Jerry's gaslighting they are conditioned to expect the worst.

I like this trade. I liked the Quinnen Williams trade although a 1 and 2 was too high. But I get the emotional reactions to anything Jerry Jones does too.

This Cowboys front office looks closer to all-iin than I have seen in years. They should have done this last off-season or the off-season before but better late than never.
 
I wasn't posting this to crap on porter it's just something that I hope we address. I'm sure he will be a great piece for this defense.
 
Have to take the good with the bad. He's an extremely physical using his long arms, so that may lead to some flags. But the overall result is a massive upgrade at the position.
 
With all due respect, the Cowboys have earned all the criticism they get. Fans are cynical because after 31 years of Jerry's gaslighting they are conditioned to expect the worst.

I like this trade. I liked the Quinnen Williams trade although a 1 and 2 was too high. But I get the emotional reactions to anything Jerry Jones does too.

This Cowboys front office looks closer to all-iin than I have seen in years. They should have done this last off-season or the off-season before but better late than never.
I absolutely agree with you.
 
I wasn't posting this to crap on porter it's just something that I hope we address. I'm sure he will be a great piece for this defense.
I understand. It's a valid concern and a good conversation to have about Porter.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,016
Messages
14,657,218
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top