John Hussey is Head Referee for Sunday’s game; Eagles Are 7-0 When He Referees

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Sometimes the tinfoil hat crew is right. As a matter of fact, right more times than we care to admit.
Dez Bryant says hello. We all wonder how the 2014 playoff game would have ended if they would have let the call on the field stand. I am a firm believer that the Cowboys were intentionally screwed on the call by the NFL.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
The leauge really does need to address officiating. I don't think full time officials is the answer. Something definitely needs to be done.
They hide behind the cloak of ref incompetence so that they can steer point spreads and to some extent outcomes. If you were running the show with the intent of steering outcomes would you have an incentive for fair officiating?

Mark

Reaction score
7-0? Against whom? How many games have the Eagles lost over the past couple of years, period?

Now, if we were playing a team as unsuccessful as PHI has been the opposite, and that statistic came up, then I'd be worried.

That said, I'm quite wary of NFL officiating, and will be as interested as anyone to see how the game is called.

TD-40

Reaction score
I just learned about this official today after seeing this article. Apparently the Philthy Beagles are 7-0 while he has been the Head Referee. There is a large discrepancy in the number of times each team has been penalized over those seven games. Anyway this is all new to me so I'm throwing it out there to see if any of you pay attention to this?

https://fanrecap.com/article-323936/

popp1234

Reaction score
I just learned about this official today after seeing this article. Apparently the Philthy Beagles are 7-0 while he has been the Head Referee. There is a large discrepancy in the number of times each team has been penalized over those seven games. Anyway this is all new to me so I'm throwing it out there to see if any of you pay attention to this?

Actually, I don't have a problem with the officiating, as long as the calls go our way. ;)

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
The only issue I have with officiating is with the ticky tack calls, let them play, only call the blatent flagrant fouls that actually effect the play....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Well something has to give....Cowboys are on a 14 game winning streak at home.....Eagles are 7-0 with this ref.....some streak is about to be killed lol.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been all over the place already this week. On here and articles on the internet. Of course the NFL media will not cover it.

So the refs will either continue with their Eagles love and screw us even more.
Or they will try to show they are not biased, and give us the breaks.
Or they may call a fair game.

Anyway, we just need to be better than the Eagles and the refs, Rather they are biased, or if not biased, they screw up as they often do, and most of the time against or for both teams.
Need to be good enough to overcome their mistakes.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Dez Bryant says hello. We all wonder how the 2014 playoff game would have ended if they would have let the call on the field stand. I am a firm believer that the Cowboys were intentionally screwed on the call by the NFL.
In the same game, Cobb had a catch that clearly hit the ground, but yet they let him keep it even after replay. The fix was clearly in for that game.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This has been all over the place already this week. On here and articles on the internet. Of course the NFL media will not cover it.

So the refs will either continue with their Eagles love and screw us even more.
Or they will try to show they are not biased, and give us the breaks.
Or they may call a fair game.

Anyway, we just need to be better than the Eagles and the refs, Rather they are biased, or if not biased, they screw up as they often do, and most of the time against or for both teams.
Need to be good enough to overcome their mistakes.
The history of penalties from 2000-2022 does not support your claim. There are darlings (the usual suspects of Pittsburgh & Green Bay), and dogs (the historically screwed over of Dallas & Detroit).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The history of penalties from 2000-2022 does not support your claim. There are darlings (the usual suspects of Pittsburgh & Green Bay), and dogs (the historically screwed over of Dallas & Detroit).
I meant refs in general for overall screw ups. Not this particular crew for that comment to highlighted in bold.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Dude. The history has been posted over and over that shows there’s a difference.

25 games with zero penalties-Cowboys opponent in 5 of them
Illegal huddle called 3 times ever and ours was a 53 yard loss in tight playoff game.
False start long snapper
Unsportsmanlike on coach for arguing
Delay of game on D law for shifting left. Yes delay of game…there’s many more.

These are all exclusive or nearly to one team. Most have never happened to one team. This team had all these and more.

So stop the false equivalent attempts. Of course we’ve benefited before, but it’s not close to even and there’s evidence to support that fact…Jack.
I'll give you another I recently researched.

Penalties from 2000-2022

Years with 100+ penalties

Dallas: 18 (NFL rank: 32)

Years with 80 or less penalties

Dallas: 0 (NFL rank: 32)

23 years and it doesn't even come close to "evening out in the end".

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I meant refs in general for overall screw ups. Not this particular crew for that comment to highlighted in bold.
My data is independent of ref crews. This for ALL NFL ref crews in that 23 year period. It is a policy of the league itself as there is no other way to explain these numbers. It can't just be Jerry Jones on this one as he does not suit up and play, and that 23 year period covers many coaches, staff, and players that have come and gone.

These numbers are statistically impossible to explain away as anything other than bias.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
My data is independent of ref crews. This for ALL NFL ref crews in that 23 year period. It is a policy of the league itself as there is no other way to explain these numbers. It can't just be Jerry Jones on this one as he does not suit up and play, and that 23 year period covers many coaches, staff, and players that have come and gone.

These numbers are statistically impossible to explain away as anything other than bias.
Most of the papis in here think refs are just incompetent. Incompetent and biased yes. I am shocked to see such dismissal of ref bias for a fanbase that has been screwed by the NFL for the better part of 30 years.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Except there were rules in place for that play. Hard to conjure up a ref conspiracy when the ref on the field called it good knowing it was 4th Down. But the ball clearly touched the turf and the ref on the field was shielded from that. Unfortunate result but replay did its job.