John Hussey is Head Referee for Sunday’s game; Eagles Are 7-0 When He Referees

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
All fan bases fault the officiating, but I doubt there’s another fanbase that blames their teams failures on the officiating more than Cowboys fans. This fanbase is probably the only one in the entire NFL that blames their teams failures on the league. There’s lame brains who follow the Cowboys that actually believe the team hasn’t reached the Super Bowl in almost 30 years because the league has a bias against the Cowboys. :rolleyes: There can’t possibly be a more delusional fanbase than this one.

This isn't even true that Cowboys blame their fanbases failures on the NFL. There have been a number of controversies over the years when it comes to calls being made in playoff games. Saints fans threw trash at Refs because they believe the Refs caused them an wild card game and this was after their fanbase believed that the Refs cheated them out of an NFC Championship win against the Rams.

Every fanbase either believes that the NFL has bias for other teams or against their own team. So if their team losses a postseason game on a bad Ref call. Then they'll spend the following years blaming the NFL for their team's failure to win a Super Bowl during that season or the seasons following.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Meant to word it in a way that it isn't true that Cowboys fans are the only fanbase who blames their team's postseason failures on the NFL. As a lot of fans of other teams to this day will believe that the NFL through it's officiating stood in the way of their team either advancing further in the playoffs or winning the Super Bowl in a particular season or seasons.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Meant to word it in a way that it isn't true that Cowboys fans are the only fanbase who blames their team's postseason failures on the NFL. As a lot of fans of other teams to this day will believe that the NFL through it's officiating stood in the way of their team either advancing further in the playoffs or winning the Super Bowl in a particular season or seasons.
I’ve never heard of another fanbase blaming the league for their teams lack of success. Blaming the officiating for a lost game happens with every fanbase, but nowhere have I seen with other fanbases, fans blaming Roger Goodell and the league because their team isn’t having the success they think they should. It’s one thing to blame a bad call or two for a lost game, but when fans are claiming there’s a conspiracy between the league and officiating crews to intentionally screw up their teams chances of winning a game, is crazy!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I’d say audit the Eagles’ payroll for Hussey’s name or the names of known relatives. But it would be a waste of time. Black bag operation.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Don't think for a second he hasn't heard or read about this.............

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ay-night-football-vs-philadelphia-john-hussey

'The Undefeated Ref': Dallas Cowboys Get 'Pro-Eagles' Referees For 'Sunday Night Football' vs. Philadelphia​

The Dallas Cowboys may have more than one opponent on the field for their Sunday Night Football matchup with the Eagles in Week 14. Here comes ref John Hussey and his 7-0 "pro-Eagles'' crew.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The officiating has been horrendous all year long. You just can’t make mistakes, you have clean up the pre-snap penalties and move on. Nothing is going to change how the games are called, so they just have to play sound football.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
There’s been officiating threads prior to other games this season with fans already making excuses in the event the Cowboys lose.

While that is true, just check the replies out on that tweet by eagles fans. They are literally excited that the refs COULD heavily favor them. I don’t recall any fans here posting such nonsense like that and if they did posters would be all over them for it. I think his point is valid.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

I’ve never heard of another fanbase blaming the league for their teams lack of success. Blaming the officiating for a lost game happens with every fanbase, but nowhere have I seen with other fanbases, fans blaming Roger Goodell and the league because their team isn’t having the success they think they should. It’s one thing to blame a bad call or two for a lost game, but when fans are claiming there’s a conspiracy between the league and officiating crews to intentionally screw up their teams chances of winning a game, is crazy!
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone blame the refs for the lack of team success. It’s always about the in game officiating, SJ, JJ, MM,DQ (insert player name here). If anyone were to blame the refs for the entire reason for a teams lack of success that someone I’d pay no attention to or put any thought into it. I’m sure there is 1 or 2 out there, but to lump the entire fan base in with a couple of nut jobs seems disingenuous.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone blame the refs for the lack of team success. It’s always about the in game officiating, SJ, JJ, MM,DQ (insert player name here). If anyone were to blame the refs for the entire reason for a teams lack of success that someone I’d pay no attention to or put any thought into it. I’m sure there is 1 or 2 out there, but to lump the entire fan base in with a couple of nut jobs seems disingenuous.
I’ve seen plenty of posts where fans have claimed there’s a bias against the Cowboys. Fans are saying officials are against the Cowboys and favor Philly. I’ve argued with more than one fan who’s claimed the reason the Cowboys can’t get anywhere is because of Roger Goodell. :rolleyes: Some seem to think everything is bent to do in the Cowboys.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Eight pages of preemptive ref whining. :rolleyes:

The Cowboys are 17-4 with this ref. It's almost as if the Cowboys and Eagles have won most of their games the last few years, or something.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The tweet highlighted in this thread was from an Eagles twitter account and other Eagles fans in the replies are hoping thawt this means the game will be one sided in their favor as far as officiating goes. Yet some are trying to make this out to be Cowboys fans making excuses before Sunday's game. When even Eagles fans notice how one sided some crews have been in favor of their team.
Everyone. Read again.^^^^^^

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Hussey is also the CEO of a fundraising organization that helps animal welfare groups serving animals in need. Nobody who likes animals could be an Eagles fan. Even animals hate the Eagles. More Eagle fans are bitten by their own dogs per capita each year than anywhere else in the Continental US.
Game over. You win this thread. Well done.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
People are people… Good and bad… But the video I posted above, was the referee, trying to make the Cowboys win… Or did he just screw up?
Dude. The history has been posted over and over that shows there’s a difference.

25 games with zero penalties-Cowboys opponent in 5 of them
Illegal huddle called 3 times ever and ours was a 53 yard loss in tight playoff game.
False start long snapper
Unsportsmanlike on coach for arguing
Delay of game on D law for shifting left. Yes delay of game…there’s many more.

These are all exclusive or nearly to one team. Most have never happened to one team. This team had all these and more.

So stop the false equivalent attempts. Of course we’ve benefited before, but it’s not close to even and there’s evidence to support that fact…Jack.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Officials have been terrible this year. You don't have to think it's a conspiracy to think that. It needs to be addressed.
The leauge really does need to address officiating. I don't think full time officials is the answer. Something definitely needs to be done.