John Hussey is Head Referee for Sunday’s game; Eagles Are 7-0 When He Referees

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Im not saying its each and every game. Much depends on which crew we get. Don't try to tell me every ref and crew is as pure as the driven snow. Think for yourself.
People are people… Good and bad… But the video I posted above, was the referee, trying to make the Cowboys win… Or did he just screw up?

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Put together a video of your own to counter it, otherwise you are just blowing smoke trying to hand wave away inconvenient truths.
Lol who has time for that… And it would just be my subjective view of whether or not a call was right or wrong.

Let’s do a little test here… Do you remember the Eagles first touchdown against us…did one of their players blatantly hold one of our players, which allowed them to score?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Actual Eagles fans, or, accused to be eagles fans?
There many self-proclaimed Eagles fans happy about the announcement. Again, I find that unusual, I can't recall any Ref Crews that Cowboys fans are happy to see.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=numpen

Not worth its own thread.

Dallas has 14 offsides penalties. That's not on the refs. That's on them. Most teams have 4 or less. If Dallas was just average on this one penalty type, they would be middle of the pack overall.

Philadelphia has 4 offensive holding calls all year. That's second behind Pittsburgh at 3. I have no idea how that happens. Dallas has 15 and most teams have 10+.

Dallas also leads the league in defensive holding.

Overall, Dallas is a sloppy team. Philly is not. If Dallas gets more penalties than Philly, no one should be surprised. That said, it shouldn't be overwhelming. Dallas averages 7 penalties a game or so. Philly around 5. If ends up being 7 to 5 on penalties, I'll take it every day of the week.

My fear is another 10 to 0 Dolphins - Eagles affair.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=numpen

Not worth its own thread.

Dallas has 14 offsides penalties. That's not on the refs. That's on them. Most teams have 4 or less. If Dallas was just average on this one penalty type, they would be middle of the pack overall.

Philadelphia has 4 offensive holding calls all year. That's second behind Pittsburgh at 3. I have no idea how that happens. Dallas has 15 and most teams have 10+.

Dallas also leads the league in defensive holding.

Overall, Dallas is a sloppy team. Philly is not. If Dallas gets more penalties than Philly, no one should be surprised. That said, it shouldn't be overwhelming. Dallas averages 7 penalties a game or so. Philly around 5. If ends up being 7 to 5 on penalties, I'll take it every day of the week.

My fear is another 10 to 0 Dolphins - Eagles affair.
As far as Dallas leading in defensive holding, that one is sort of expected since we play more man to man than most if not all other teams. MtM is more prone to holding versus Zone. Curious to see how this game gets called, Hussey's crew called 25 penalties in the 9er/Browns game. Even tho the number was pretty even against both, Browns had a lot of suspect calls/non-calls against them, including one they called on the wrong team and took several minutes to reverse thanks to a call from the upstairs officials. A blatant face mask that wasn't called for them and even a horribly missed spot that got reversed by the challenge flag.

I just want it called fairly and not a repeat flagfest like the last game.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There’s been officiating threads prior to other games this season with fans already making excuses in the event the Cowboys lose.
I've pointed it out more than a few times but it only happens before the big games which of course fans fear we stand a better chance of losing than the other games. So that tells you right there people want to have something cued up should a loss happen so they can come back to the thread and be like "SEE!?!?. I predicted it." Crickets if we win though, but that hasn't happened in big games very much lately so you get these threads that can easily be predicted at this point. It's fear that doesn't show itself before the Cardinals game, for example.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah some can say that Cowboys fans are making excuses ahead of time and yet Eagles fans (even if they claim to be just joking about it). Are still hoping that this means the officiating is going to be lopsided and that their team will get all of the break from the Refs. While the Refs call a bunch of penalties against the Cowboys which will control the momentum of the game in favor of the Eagles.
As a Cowboys fan, you're not hoping for the same thing? Or would you be offended in the name of honor and uprightness if it did happen in our favor?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I've pointed it out more than a few times but it only happens before the big games which of course fans fear we stand a better chance of losing than the other games. So that tells you right there people want to have something cued up should a loss happen so they can come back to the thread and be like "SEE!?!?. I predicted it." Crickets if we win though, but that hasn't happened in big games very much lately so you get these threads that can easily be predicted at this point. It's fear that doesn't show itself before the Cardinals game, for example.
Apparently some fans feel better if they believe the reason the Cowboys can’t get over the hump is not because they’re not good enough, it’s because Roger Goodell and the league have everything rigged against them so they won’t succeed. :rolleyes: I’ve seen the posts! I remember last year someone arguing that if it wasn’t for Goodell and the crooked officiating crews, the Cowboys would have several more Super Bowl wins. lol They need an insanity zone here.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Apparently some fans feel better if they believe the reason the Cowboys can’t get over the hump is not because they’re not good enough, it’s because Roger Goodell and the league have everything rigged against them so they won’t succeed. :rolleyes: I’ve seen the posts! I remember last year someone arguing that if it wasn’t for Goodell and the crooked officiating crews, the Cowboys would have several more Super Bowl wins. lol They need an insanity zone here.
It's a defense mechanism meant to soften the blow of a feared undesirable result. That way a loss stings less because "you just knew they were going to screw us all along anyways" and you can rail against that instead of facing up to the fact you support a losing team that gave you hope only to crush your dreams. People also fear getting made fun of by rival fans so they need ammo for why the team didn't really lose. Others over-identify with the team so if the team loses then they're losers by extension. When you can't face that then you get creative.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Officials have been terrible this year. You don't have to think it's a conspiracy to think that. It needs to be addressed.

Some will defend the terrible officiating by saying it's "human nature" for them to make mistakes. Same can be said for NFL players, it can be human nature for them to make mistakes as well. And yet the NFL will still fine and discipline them for going against the league rules or doing things that they believe harms the integrity of the NFL. And yet don't care about how inept officiating can harm the image of the NFL by bad calls impacting the outcome of some games.

And it's not just Cowboys fans saying this. This has been said for games that the Cowboys haven't even played in this season.