Video: John Madden on Deion Sanders one of the greatest one liners ever

Cowboys22

Reaction score
What does this even mean? He's one of the greatest corners of all time - you literally couldn't throw to his side of the field

Madden said in the video he bet in his life he was never it. Meaning no one ever tagged him. Watching those highlights really is amazing. No one before or since has moved like him and had that big a persona and swagger on the field.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What does this even mean? He's one of the greatest corners of all time - you literally couldn't throw to his side of the field
The title of the thread says, "one of the greatest one liners ever." The title is referring to Madden's comment on Deion. "I bet he was never it."

Tag is a game played by children. Tag you're it. The child who is "it" has to chase the other children until he/she catches and touches one of them. The that kid who was caught and touched is now "it."

So Madden's comment on Dieon was in reference to the game of tag. Meaning when Deion was a kid, he was never caught or touched in a game of tag.

"I bet he was never it."

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The title of the thread says, "one of the greatest one liners ever." The title is referring to Madden's comment on Deion. "I bet he was never it."

Tag is a game played by children. Tag you're it. The child who is "it" has to chase the other children until he/she catches and touches one of them. The that kid who was caught and touched is now "it."

So Madden's comment on Dieon was in reference to the game of tag. Meaning when Deion was a kid, he was never caught or touched in a game of tag.

"I bet he was never it."
Explain it to the youngsters. ;)

NeathBlue

Reaction score
At or near his best, he was the best shut down CB that’s probably ever been... and ever will be.
Not sure how much he’d get today as a free agent, but even Jerry would have sleepless nights signing that check lol

mmohican29

Reaction score
O yes he could and don't bring up games when Irv did a lot of damage on the other CBs Eric Davis etc

Irvin ate him alive. Yes, Davis covered him on multiple snaps in 94 NFCCG, because Deion could not.

10 for 169, 1 TD. in 91 with Beurlein at QB.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Irvin ate him alive. Yes, Davis covered him on multiple snaps in 94 NFCCG, because Deion could not.

That was not all on Deion like I said... Show me the tape

JGRXXN

Reaction score

Also that was the most Success Irv had against Prime was that game *not all 161 was against Deion* but all the other games he was locked

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"I bet he was never it."
Amazing that someone needed that spelled out.

Simple Stuff for Dummies.