Video: John Madden on Deion Sanders one of the greatest one liners ever

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
O yes he could and don't bring up games when Irv did a lot of damage on the other CBs Eric Davis etc

Mike abused Deion a lot IMO. See, Deion's main asset was speed and quickness but Mike wasn't really all that fast so Deion couldn't really make his biggest weapons work on Mike. Mike was strong and caught everything thou. He would just out muscle you or out physical you and that really wasn't Deion's game. That's why he had problems with Irvin but not so much with Rice. Rice was not quick but ran extremely good routes but Deion was so cat quick that he could beat the ball to the spot, even when he was beat. That's why he was very good against Rice.

Angus12

Reaction score
Okay, be like that. Primetime was never "it" because no one could catch him. lol :p
Not the brightest crayon in the box, are ya?

I'm through trying to explain this to you. It's like trying to explain quantum physics to a frickin' three year old. If you insist on being stubborn and ignorant in regards to a simple and OBVIOUS statement made by a man over 25 years ago, so be it. Knock yourself out. .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not the brightest crayon in the box, are ya?

I'm through trying to explain this to you. It's like trying to explain quantum physics to a frickin' three year old. If you insist on being stubborn and ignorant in regards to a simple and OBVIOUS statement made by a man over 25 years ago, so be it. Knock yourself out. .
:omg:Wow, you are so sensitive about anyone having a different take on Madden's words. You insist on being right so I will be the bigger man and let you have it, Good job, you are so right! I hope you feel better now. I would really hate this petty matter ruin your day.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Deion Sanders would have not friends that would meet every year that would try to tag him It.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Deion was a hired mercenary. He did that profession in many uniforms over the course of his career. He just so happen to do in a Cowboys uni for a few years but he will never be remembered as a real Cowboy. No Cowboys ring of honor for him, but he doesn't need it. He got in the HoF without it because of his resume with so many other teams, before and after he wore a Cowboys uni.

You are just a victim of your own age if he was your favorite Cowboy growing up. IMO, that's a sad statement to make, to have a d-bag like that be your favorite Cowboy growing up. My favorite Cowboys player growing up was Roger Staubach. Now that's something to brag about. Honorable man served his nation, his whole football career on one team and was a born leader and winner.

You’re absolutely right - it is completely age related. I was in the 7-10 years old range during his last years on the Cowboys.

However, your response is absurd. If you think a 7 year-old is thinking about whether an elite player is a hired mercenary or a d-bag, you’re very out of touch with reality. I make no apology for enjoying Deion’s play as a young boy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right - it is completely age related. I was in the 7-10 years old range during his last years on the Cowboys.

However, your response is absurd. If you think a 7 year-old is thinking about whether an elite player is a hired mercenary or a d-bag, you’re very out of touch with reality. I make no apology for enjoying Deion’s play as a young boy.
Agreed, you didn't know better then. But I hope you know better now. I did enjoy the pizza commercials back then with Deion and Jerry...

Jerry: So what's it going to take Deion? 15, 20 million?

Deion: Both!

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Mike abused Deion a lot IMO. See, Deion's main asset was speed and quickness but Mike wasn't really all that fast so Deion couldn't really make his biggest weapons work on Mike. Mike was strong and caught everything thou. He would just out muscle you or out physical you and that really wasn't Deion's game. That's why he had problems with Irvin but not so much with Rice. Rice was not quick but ran extremely good routes but Deion was so cat quick that he could beat the ball to the spot, even when he was beat. That's why he was very good against Rice.

Prove it to me... I want to see this abuse on Prime... wheres the tape guy

aikemirv

Reaction score
He was a generational talent. I bet it sucked for him to get old!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Blake

Reaction score
That shuffle was the cat's meow in the 90s.

Now it just seems cheesy.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Absolutely phenomenal athlete and one of the best NFL players ever.

Second only to Bo Jackson as the best athlete i've ever seen.

You never went to the restroom or to the fridge when Deion was returning kicks, he used to comment that he wished all his blockers would just lie down because it would make it easier for him, funny guy.

I'd like to live in one these cats bodies for just one day to see what it would feel like to be superbly coordinated, fast, strong, with incredible hand eye coordination.. just one day no longer than that, i don't want to be anyone but my own significantly less physical self, but i bet it would be fun.

Shame to see a guy who used to move like that with bad hips and significantly reduced mobility.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thank you for proving my point lol PRIME TIME PRIME TIME PRIME TIME

Your welcome. Had I know that the point of this thread was about Wives who don't trust their Husbands to have Amazon Prime accounts, I would have provide assistance to you much earlier.

The least I can do, I suppose.

JayFord

Reaction score
I played corner in high school because of Deion.

From 1994 - turf toe, Deion was incredible!

I remember being a defensive end in pee wee league the QB would go back and pass and we all ran back in the secondary trying to pick the pass off because we all wanted to be Deion

Boyyyyy I tell ya we never ran so many sprints after that

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Your welcome. Had I know that the point of this thread was about Wives who don't trust their Husbands to have Amazon Prime accounts, I would have provide assistance to you much earlier.

The least I can do, I suppose.

All that jaw jackin you was doin... and you aint got no fax to back it up... boi you all Cap