Video: John Madden on Deion Sanders one of the greatest one liners ever

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Deion was very smart also. He saw all the money going to offensive players, and he invented his persona, invented his nicknames, and parlayed that swag into a ton of money and a career that is still going today. I loved hearing hi talk about guys running 4.3 forties.... Deion said he coud do that rolling out of bed with sweat pants on.

I never felt I saw Deion ever run as fast as he could in ag ame.... it was like he didnt need to. Best corner ever, and I dont think it is even debateable. The guy was just so much damn fun to watach. Wasnt it he and bad moon risin that got into a heavyweight swing fest before the snap of the ball?????

Brawl

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Deion was very smart also. He saw all the money going to offensive players, and he invented his persona, invented his nicknames, and parlayed that swag into a ton of money and a career that is still going today. I loved hearing hi talk about guys running 4.3 forties.... Deion said he coud do that rolling out of bed with sweat pants on.

I never felt I saw Deion ever run as fast as he could in ag ame.... it was like he didnt need to. Best corner ever, and I dont think it is even debateable. The guy was just so much damn fun to watach. Wasnt it he and bad moon risin that got into a heavyweight swing fest before the snap of the ball?????

Brawl

I don't believe he was the best corner ever. I do believe he was the best cover corner I've ever seen. Great player, for sure.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
look at Rison and Deion throwing haymakers at each other..... they didnt even draw a flag........ boy I miss that kind of football. Blow on a WR now over the middle and it is 15 yards.

Angus12

Reaction score
look at Rison and Deion throwing haymakers at each other..... they didnt even draw a flag........ boy I miss that kind of football. Blow on a WR now over the middle and it is 15 yards.
Starting at :24 you can see the flag on the ground with players walking around it. Again at :47 you can see the flag fly in during the replay from a different angle.

Maverick84

Reaction score
The title of the thread says, "one of the greatest one liners ever." The title is referring to Madden's comment on Deion. "I bet he was never it."

Tag is a game played by children. Tag you're it. The child who is "it" has to chase the other children until he/she catches and touches one of them. The that kid who was caught and touched is now "it."

So Madden's comment on Dieon was in reference to the game of tag. Meaning when Deion was a kid, he was never caught or touched in a game of tag.

"I bet he was never it."
of course @ultron never came back in here to own up to his stupid question

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The title of the thread says, "one of the greatest one liners ever." The title is referring to Madden's comment on Deion. "I bet he was never it."

Tag is a game played by children. Tag you're it. The child who is "it" has to chase the other children until he/she catches and touches one of them. The that kid who was caught and touched is now "it."

So Madden's comment on Dieon was in reference to the game of tag. Meaning when Deion was a kid, he was never caught or touched in a game of tag.

"I bet he was never it."

Whitty, but very very very very far from anything that resembled the best line ever.