Video: John Madden on Deion Sanders one of the greatest one liners ever

TwentyOne

Reaction score
True. But, he couldn't cover The Playmaker.

Lol. Always that comment.

When couldnt he ? And dont come up with the nfc championship game. He wasnt covering irving most of the time in that game. Only 4 times. A pick 1 pass breakup and two short completions. The other times irving was covered by the other corner.

CWR

Reaction score
Madden said in the video he bet in his life he was never it. Meaning no one ever tagged him. Watching those highlights really is amazing. No one before or since has moved like him and had that big a persona and swagger on the field.

His persona was larger than life. He always made it exciting. I still remember him waiting to return, doing the "holy ghost" and thinking damn hes about to get em for six! Lol

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Deion was my favorite Cowboy growing up (I was just a couple years too young for the SB seasons). I was at the 1998 MNF game against the Giants where he had a punt return for a TD, pick 6, and a 55 yard catch on offense in the same game. Just an absolutely once-in-a-lifetime type talent.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Deion was my favorite Cowboy growing up (I was just a couple years too young for the SB seasons). I was at the 1998 MNF game against the Giants where he had a punt return for a TD, pick 6, and a 55 yard catch on offense in the same game. Just an absolutely once-in-a-lifetime type talent.
Deion was a hired mercenary. He did that profession in many uniforms over the course of his career. He just so happen to do in a Cowboys uni for a few years but he will never be remembered as a real Cowboy. No Cowboys ring of honor for him, but he doesn't need it. He got in the HoF without it because of his resume with so many other teams, before and after he wore a Cowboys uni.

You are just a victim of your own age if he was your favorite Cowboy growing up. IMO, that's a sad statement to make, to have a d-bag like that be your favorite Cowboy growing up. My favorite Cowboys player growing up was Roger Staubach. Now that's something to brag about. Honorable man served his nation, his whole football career on one team and was a born leader and winner.

Angus12

Reaction score
It was sarcasm. Prime has always been "it".
No, it wasn't sarcasm. Madden was referring to a children's game where they chase each other, and if you are caught, you are 'it' and have to chase the others. Saying he was never 'it' meant that nobody was ever able to catch him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, it wasn't sarcasm. Madden was referring to a children's game where they chase each other, and if you are caught, you are 'it' and have to chase the others. Saying he was never 'it' meant that nobody was ever able to catch him.
I like my take better. You believe what you want to.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
True. But, he couldn't cover The Playmaker.

Football is a game of matchups. It's weird, Deion smothered Rice but had his share of issues with Michael. But Mike had his problems with Aeneas Williams. That's what makes the game great thou.