Video: John Madden on Deion Sanders one of the greatest one liners ever

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Michael was physical that's his game so of course he was physical against Prime but abused means he was just going off for 100 yard games and tds when Prime was lined up against him... So if you just meant physical then yea I agree... "Internet tough guy" you just don't know me or my people like that lol and xwalker got out of line, he can get the smoke... Keep it sports talk

Hey, look! It's the famous guy again!!!!! :laugh:

Yes, abused him. Michael did that to every DB he ever played against. Now you are going to not accept what I've already explained to you and then you are going to say something like, "Oh no, that wasn't on Deion, except I provided games in Atlanta as well and Eric Davis wasn't in Atlanta.

Yeah, I don't know you, sure. I can read and I saw you what you posted to other members. Now you gonna tell me, I don't understand the context or is it just the English Language you are going to lay it off on? Dude, you started in on me for no reason. Don't try to sell your BS with me, I lack for no BS so no need for yours. You don't know me either but you thought you could get over. Well... you can't. It doesn't take a real smart guy to figure out that the original discussion was about how playing styles played against different great players. I mean, you would have to be dense not to get that. So what is it, are dense or were you just talking smack?

BTW, we don't do race around here. There's only one team and that's the Cowboys. We don't care what colors the fans come in. You would do well to learn that. That's free advice. It's up to you to take it.

I'm willing to look past this and start from zero but hey, I'm good with sounding you out forever and never looking back, won't even blink.

You pick it.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Hey, look! It's the famous guy again!!!!! :laugh:

Yes, abused him. Michael did that to every DB he ever played against. Now you are going to not accept what I've already explained to you and then you are going to say something like, "Oh no, that wasn't on Deion, except I provided games in Atlanta as well and Eric Davis wasn't in Atlanta.

Yeah, I don't know you, sure. I can read and I saw you what you posted to other members. Now you gonna tell me, I don't understand the context or is it just the English Language you are going to lay it off on? Dude, you started in on me for no reason. Don't try to sell your BS with me, I lack for no BS so no need for yours. You don't know me either but you thought you could get over. Well... you can't. It doesn't take a real smart guy to figure out that the original discussion was about how playing styles played against different great players. I mean, you would have to be dense not to get that. So what is it, are dense or were you just talking smack?

BTW, we don't do race around here. There's only one team and that's the Cowboys. We don't care what colors the fans come in. You would do well to learn that. That's free advice. It's up to you to take it.

I'm willing to look past this and start from zero but hey, I'm good with sounding you out forever and never looking back, won't even blink.

You pick it.

I'm assuming your from Albuquerque right... I got a lot of "Friends" over there in New Mexico if you want to go there and i'll be there when I go back on tour... You can just see for your self... And if you say something I don't agree im going to say something back and if it hurts your feelings that I say you all Cap over this Irv and Deion topic dah welp lol I'm here for the Sports talk but if you want to take to another level we can do that too... See if I'm bluffin

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm assuming your from Albuquerque right... I got a lot of "Friends" over there in New Mexico if you want to go there and i'll be there when I go back on tour... You can just see for your self... And if you say something I don't agree im going to say something back and if it hurts your feelings that I say you all Cap over this Irv and Deion topic dah welp lol I'm here for the Sports talk but if you want to take to another level we can do that too... See if I'm bluffin

I'm in NM yes, if you want to hook up when you are here, that's cool. I'm not young anymore so I don't know that we will be running in the same circles but hey, if you want to hook up, I'm good. However, if all you want to do is get face up and argue like you are on the Kardashian's, we can just skip all that and get to it.

Truth be told, I don't give damn if you are serious, joking or high. You are about out of runway with me. It's that simple. Hit me up when you are here. We can see what's what.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I'm in NM yes, if you want to hook up when you are here, that's cool. I'm not young anymore so I don't know that we will be running in the same circles but hey, if you want to hook up, I'm good. However, if all you want to do is get face up and argue like you are on the Kardashian's, we can just skip all that and get to it.

Truth be told, I don't give damn if you are serious, joking or high. You are about out of runway with me. It's that simple. Hit me up when you are here. We can see what's what.

No I'm serious... I know Shiprock and ABQ people... I know the JAM Spot etc... I know all people do in ABQ is Drink and Fight and talk about the Skinwalkers lol PM me you IG account

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No I'm serious... I know Shiprock and ABQ people... I know the JAM Spot etc... I know all people do in ABQ is Drink and Fight and talk about the Skinwalkers lol PM me you IG account

I don't but you can send me a PM here. For what it's worth, we do more then just drink and fight. Some of us ski, some of us paint, some of us fish and hunt. But a lot of us do a lot of drinking and fighting.

Like I said, we can roll this back and start over or we can continue to roll down this path, it's up to you. A lot of posters on this board that I don't agree with or have disagreed with in the past, even XWalker, but that don't mean I don't consider him a friend. That part is OK, but you gotta be intelligent about it. You can't just attack people for no reason. That ain't right and it don't fly with me. We all come here to state opinion, nothing wrong with that. What's funny here is that I'm actually a Deion fan. When I was young, I used live in Fort Myers so I used to go watch Deion play when he was in HS because I didn't have any money then. It was one of the few things I could afford to do. I've followed his career his entire career. But you can't just come in and attack for no good reason. Won't work.

You want to talk about Deion, I'm good with that. I'll talk to you about what I think and what I've seen. That's a good use of my time. But you better hurry. It's Friday and it's about Beer Thirty here.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I don't but you can send me a PM here. For what it's worth, we do more then just drink and fight. Some of us ski, some of us paint, some of us fish and hunt. But a lot of us do a lot of drinking and fighting.

Like I said, we can roll this back and start over or we can continue to roll down this path, it's up to you. A lot of posters on this board that I don't agree with or have disagreed with in the past, even XWalker, but that don't mean I don't consider him a friend. That part is OK, but you gotta be intelligent about it. You can't just attack people for no reason. That ain't right and it don't fly with me. We all come here to state opinion, nothing wrong with that. What's funny here is that I'm actually a Deion fan. When I was young, I used live in Fort Myers so I used to go watch Deion play when he was in HS because I didn't have any money then. It was one of the few things I could afford to do. I've followed his career his entire career. But you can't just come in and attack for no good reason. Won't work.

You want to talk about Deion, I'm good with that. I'll talk to you about what I think and what I've seen. That's a good use of my time. But you better hurry. It's Friday and it's about Beer Thirty here.

Damn how old are you lol Man I thought you was a younger dude talkin like that lol... I said let's keep it Sports talk a long time ago but If you want to get personal then that can be handled easy on my end... XWalker crossed the line and he better hope he don't cross paths with me that's personal but you on the other hand I already got somebody for you just for fun and I might record it and you will lose trust me on this lol and I need and IG or Facebook stop duckin this smoke... Now if you want to keep it Sports talk then let's do it for the 1000th time or we can go the other route... But either way come out to one of my shows we can talk about how Prime used to lock guys up and you can also see my buddies that I be around :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That dude was truly a 4.2 guy. He made it look so damn easy.

He was. He was a 4.2 guy but you see fast guys in Football or track or whatever but, you don't see guys who are 4.2, straight away, 4.2 sideways or backwards as well. That Dude was just gifted. Never seen another one like him.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Football is a game of matchups. It's weird, Deion smothered Rice but had his share of issues with Michael. But Mike had his problems with Aeneas Williams. That's what makes the game great thou.
And Bobby Taylor played well against Irvin too, they all have their kryptononite.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Damn how old are you lol Man I thought you was a younger dude talkin like that lol... I said let's keep it Sports talk a long time ago but If you want to get personal then that can be handled easy on my end... XWalker crossed the line and he better hope he don't cross paths with me that's personal but you on the other hand I already got somebody for you just for fun and I might record it and you will lose trust me on this lol and I need and IG or Facebook stop duckin this smoke... Now if you want to keep it Sports talk then let's do it for the 1000th time or we can go the other route... But either way come out to one of my shows we can talk about how Prime used to lock guys up and you can also see my buddies that I be around :)

Man, go look at your posts. Go look at what you said. Do that and then get your mind right. X isn't stupid so if he said something about football, well, I'm not going to say that he was right no question but I will say that there is probably something to it.

I saw your post about, lets keep it sports, but then I also posted to you and gave you an example of what you said was not necessarily what you did. That door swings both ways. These guys you are fronting, they can be good Dudes. They are more then capable of having a lot of good discussion around football. They've seen more, they can tell you the truth, or at least their opinion, about what you can't read on the Internet. Just think about that for second.

The Facebook or IG part, no joke, I don't do that. I haven't had a Facebook since my last kid got out of HS and Instagram, or whatever social media network app, they are not all that secure. In my line of work, I can't do a lot of unsecure apps. 100% serious about that, not shinning you on there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
And Booby Taylor played well against Irvin too, they all have their kryptononite.

Yeah, not as well but yes. Find any WR who had some agility to go along with real physical strength and they would match up better against Mike because that's what he did and he's proud of it. He wanted to make every route into a telephone both scrap. If you were a DB who could also bend some teeth in a phone both, then you were probably a better matchup against Irvin then most other DBs. That's true Mojo.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, not as well but yes. Find any WR who had some agility to go along with real physical strength and they would match up better against Mike because that's what he did and he's proud of it. He wanted to make every route into a telephone both scrap. If you were a DB who could also bend some teeth in a phone both, then you were probably a better matchup against Irvin then most other DBs. That's true Mojo.
He was a different breed of receiver back then, extremely strong and knew how to position himself to get any ball. Yes he loved the contact, I still remember the Cardinal game where he schooled Lorenzo Lynch in 92.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok JGRXXN, I'm headed to Costco. Gonna hook up with my Son, pick out a Briskett with a good Fatback and start working on a rub. Maybe after that, have a couple beers with him. Gotta start smoking it by around 11 or 12 tonight so that it can be done in time for the Texas/LSU game tomorrow.

If you wanna pick this up, I'll be back on either this weekend or Monday. Think about what we talked about. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about enjoying the time you have. You come here to talk football and enjoy that right? Well, these guys can help with that, if you give them chance.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He was a different breed of receiver back then, extremely strong and knew how to position himself to get any ball. Yes he loved the contact, I still remember the Cardinal game where he schooled Lorenzo Lynch in 92.

Yep. He was a player, no question.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Ok JGRXXN, I'm headed to Costco. Gonna hook up with my Son, pick out a Briskett with a good Fatback and start working on a rub. Maybe after that, have a couple beers with him. Gotta start smoking it by around 11 or 12 tonight so that it can be done in time for the Texas/LSU game tomorrow.

If you wanna pick this up, I'll be back on either this weekend or Monday. Think about what we talked about. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about enjoying the time you have. You come here to talk football and enjoy that right? Well, these guys can help with that, if you give them chance.

What man doesn't have an IG or Facebook?!?! hmmmm Ight you not about that type of life lol Look I don't have a problem with you over no Sports talk so im assuming we can keep on talkin about Sports like we should be... Now xwalker he crossed the line so he can really see me... Now back on topic lol Deion locked up everybody when he entered his Prime including JR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What man doesn't have an IG or Facebook?!?! hmmmm Ight you not about that type of life lol Look I don't have a problem with you over no Sports talk so im assuming we can keep on talkin about Sports like we should be... Now xwalker he crossed the line so he can really see me... Now back on topic lol Deion locked up everybody when he entered his Prime including JR

I told you. I'm good to restart this thing. I don't have a problem with strong opinions. I'm just like anybody thou, I got mine too and nobody tells me what they are or what they should be. I gotta arrive at those kinds of decisions on my own. Now, there is a way to go about that. I do it with discussion and reason. Knowledge and a little bit of humble helps, although that last part, I still work on that. People don't owe respect, you get it through your actions. Lots of people on this board don't like me and that's cool. But I have a few who are close and I respect their opinions on things. There are people on this board who have seen more then I. So if we can roll it back and start from there, I'm good. But that's gotta be your choice. I hold no grudge, unless I'm forced to. I will say this though, I think you should reconsider with X. He knows some things. He's a good guy to have talks with. You may not agree but you gotta figure that out.

Lets talk Football. Well, as I said, I've watched Deion play for a really long time. I was saying earlier that I thought Deion was a much better match against Jerry Rice then Mike. Mike he didn't fit. It's a style thing. I mean, it's great to be one of the greatest athletes of all time but if you are in a situation where you gotta get close, a guy who is physically stronger can be very effective, even if you are the better athlete. That's how I saw Deion vs Mike. Rice was different. Rice very skilled. Excellent route runner, great hands and he was really, really smart as well. But he wasn't physically strong like Mike. Don't get me wrong, you can't be weak to play at that level but Mike, he was on another level in that regard. He was physically stronger then Deion and because of that Offense under Norv, with Aikman throwing the ball, it forced Deion to play a style of game that was not to his advantage. That ball was going to be right on time, thrown to a spot and mike was going to be there with body position to make that catch. The only way to stop it was to move him off his line or separate him from the ball before he got it secured because once Mike got his hands on a ball, he was usually going to catch it. Strong hands, that guy. So for Deion, he was forced to become what he really didn't want to be, which was a thumper. See, Deion understood that his future was in being the best athlete in the sport, maybe on the planet, at that time. He knew that in order to stop Mike, he would have to put his body into it, get stronger, change from what he was and make no mistake, what he was was the best cover corner I've ever watched play. I just think he wasn't interested in that.

With Rice it was different. Jerry was the best WR in the game, at that time. Arguably ever but that's a different argument. He could get open, even though he wasn't the best athlete at the position, because he was an incredibly hard worker, he was smart and he worked to become one of the greatest route runners in the history of the game. That's how he got open. I mean, Jerry ran a 4.71 at the combine so he was not the athlete that Deion was. He also wasn't that physically punishing player that Mike was. For 99% of the the DBs in the NFL, Jerry's ability to flat run routes and catch the ball was more then good enough but for that 1% who could get beat on a route but be so fast, so quick, have such athletic ability to actually recover, it didn't matter. That's why Deion was better against Jerry, IMO. As great as Rice was, and believe me that guy was great, it wasn't as effective against Deion because he would just recover and get back to the ball before it got to Rice. Because Rice was not that physical, body you out, overpower you guy that Mike was, he couldn't stop Deion from breaking up a play or making the INT.

That was the difference to me. Against a guy like Aeneas Williams, it was different. Williams, also a great DB, was that physically strong dude. He was the guy who could match that physical game that Mike had and he was capable of moving Mike of his line. He could bang with Mike at the point of reception so he, IMO, was a better matchup against Irvin. It's a game of matchups, which is really what we were discussing before this thing kinda went sideways. At least, that's my opinion on what I saw from all of those guys playing careers.