Johnny Maziel***The Definitive Johnny MegaMerge*** Post all Manziel threads/posts here

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation.

The term "locker-room cancer" probably doesn't have one definite meaning. However, in Johnny's case, I think he would be a "locker-room cancer". How so?

Basically a team would be rewarding his behavior by signing him onto the squad and drawing unnecessary attention. So now your star players and your average players are having to answer questions about what it's like to have Johnny Football on your team? And that can cause resentment as well as foster the mindset that your owner and coaches only care about the attention a player can create not necessarily what a player can do on the field.

A locker-room cancer is a malcontent that bad mouths the coaches and FO and undermines their authority. They can be veterans that flaunt the rules or play the game only to serve their financial needs. They can also be prima donna rookies and big time bonus babies that haven't the earned the right to act up. One or two guys bad guys can be overcome but if their virus spreads it can kill a franchise. Like they say in baseball "25 players 25 cabs".

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And I've explained that they ARE the same. Just handled differently by the police and the media. I explained that very thoroughly and clear. Me and you have been back on forth on things and you love to keep going on and on. I'm not doing it with you this time. They are the same. End of discussion at least for me. You can talk to yourself for the rest of this. I said what I had to say and I'm not changing my views.

You say they are the same but just handled differently. So that means they're different if they're handled differently. If they were the same, they'd be handled the same.
Thank you for admitting they're different. :)