RELEASED Jon Kitna will not be retained

nobody

Reaction score
Is he bringing in Brett Favre? lol

Maybe as the backup QB! lol Even at his age, he has to be a better backup than what Dallas currently has.

As a coach? Favre was way too much the gunslinger. Great QB, but forced things when he shouldn't have. Let's not teach our QB's that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He'll probably have Moore install motion into his offense then move on next season. The lack of motion was something he talked about need to improve, so it makes some since he retains Moore for a year

Kinda but Moore won't even know the correct terminology. How they label routes, concepts, etc. Moore will basically be a silent observer. Anyone can come up with motions it's not new just under used.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Kinda but Moore won't even know the correct terminology. How they label routes, concepts, etc. Moore will basically be a silent observer. Anyone can come up with motions it's not new just under used.

I like this... I think Moore was pretty much handed Linehans' playbook and told to "run this, but tweak it to be more pass friendly" Now with MM, we will see exactly what Moore can do because he is forced to change up the status-quo and build a plan based on the team and coach, not the previous regimen.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like this... I think Moore was pretty much handed Linehans' playbook and told to "run this, but tweak it to be more pass friendly" Now with MM, we will see exactly what Moore can do because he is forced to change up the status-quo and build a plan based on the team and coach, not the previous regimen.

He wasn't handed linehan anything but. Garrett and Linehan ran coryell systems so the verbage and rout concepts we're similar. That what Moore spent learning in the pros.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I agree with the thought that Kellen is probably going to be here 1 year unless he and McCarthy really click.

I think it’s just to pick his young mind, maybe gain a new perspective with pre snap looks and motions and to ease the transition in getting to know the offensive personnel. Kellen looks at is an opportunity as well to learn from an experienced coach and take that to his next job.

I have no doubt Mike is going to call plays. Obviously Kellen’s role in game planning or what have you is tbd.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its cute how people still view garrett as a powerless goof.
Yeah don’t get me wrong Jerry meddled but he gave Garrett some power. Don’t for one second think he didn’t have any say in players like Taco or this coaching staff. Now he may have wanted to call his own plays but he most definitely had a hand in this crap.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Kitna it's refreshing to see our head coach truly pick his own staff.

I wish I could wrap my arms a quarter of the way around McCarthy right now and bury my head in his bosom.
Whose your daddy... literally speaking.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Jones hired Jason Garrett in January 2007, a couple weeks before hiring Wade Phillips to be head coach under the presumption that he would be the offensive coordinator. So while you are mostly correct it was more than 2 position coaches... and honestly we have no idea what occurred with Moore's promotion to OC last off-season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2758164

"After Jason Garrett interviewed for the vacancy Jan. 25, Jones hired him to an unspecified role on the coaching staff. It has been presumed he will be the offensive coordinator, but Phillips said he didn't want to discuss Garrett's role until he had a chance to talk to the former backup quarterback."

Hello, Garrett was one of the 2 position coaches Jones hired. The other was Jack Reily who was hired before Dave Campo.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hello, Garrett was one of the 2 position coaches Jones hired. The other was Jack Reily who was hired before Dave Campo.

I dont think Kellen Moore being OC was Garrett's idea either, sounds like he was forced on Garrett.

Reports are that while "campaigning" for his job that Garrett told Jerry that he wanted to call his own plays this year since it was a make it or break it year and Jerry forced Moore on him, therefore it was not fair to hold Garrett accountable for this year and Garrett wanted one more year "to do it his way" if his job was on the line. That mean Garrett reclaiming the OC job and calling plays in 2020. Jerry said too bad, them the breaks.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I dont think Kellen Moore being OC was Garrett's idea either, sounds like he was forced on Garrett.

Reports are that while "campaigning" for his job that Garrett told Jerry that he wanted to call his own plays this year since it was a make it or break it year and Jerry forced Moore on him, therefore it was not fair to hold Garrett accountable for this year and Garrett wanted one more year "to do it his way" if his job was on the line. That mean Garrett reclaiming the OC job and calling plays in 2020. Jerry said too bad, them the breaks.

Let me guess, one of the "insiders" put this out so you like so many here believe everything these "insiders" say even though they never quote any real source. They can speculate on anything they want to and people just eat their speculations up like it's candy. So you keep believing all the speculation you want but I'll continue to wait until an actual source is quoted on anything before I believe things.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh Well. I have to trust in M&M system, he knows how to beat teams and make playoff runs. McCarthy’s Staff Figures To Bring Experience in dedicated to footwork, hip, grip and follow through.

Dak is becoming the GOAT, move over Brady there is a new sheriff.

:muttley:
b686b230-9e6f-11e9-9fff-a131b8fb2b5c
:muttley::muttley: