RELEASED Jon Kitna will not be retained

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not in Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for 2 position coaches all the head coaches since Jones bought the team have hired their own staff. Jones has been a more hands on owner being the GM, but he's let his coaches pick their staffs.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
So some get better (or their receivers get open) on the run, while others are better in the pocket (or have receivers who get open sooner). I would have expected Wilson to be in the latter group.
It's hard to know based solely on the "time to throw" metric.

These are three completely different sets of splits:
1. < 2.5 sec to throw vs. 2.5+ sec to throw
2. clean pocket vs. under pressure
3. in the pocket vs. out of the pocket

PFF keeps track of all three, but publishes the first two regularly and the third only when they feel like it -- usually in some random tweet, in partial form.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's hard to know based solely on the "time to throw" metric.

These are three completely different sets of splits:
1. < 2.5 sec to throw vs. 2.5+ sec to throw
2. clean pocket vs. under pressure
3. in the pocket vs. out of the pocket

PFF keeps track of all three, but publishes the first two regularly and the third only when they feel like it -- usually in some random tweet, in partial form.
I wonder if they do that intentionally, so they can support their own agendas when they choose to. I say that earnestly, because I've never been on the website, so I have no idea if they try to infuse their own opinions or if they simply print statistics gathered without bias.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You didn't see the 9 page thread on this at the top of the page? lol

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I wonder if they do that intentionally, so they can support their own agendas when they choose to. I say that earnestly, because I've never been on the website, so I have no idea if they try to infuse their own opinions or if they simply print statistics gathered without bias.
It wouldn't affect the raw statistics, but bias has to enter into their player grades. That's where they assign credit or blame to specific players.

Still, their player grades are accurate enough that they predict future EPA better than EPA itself does.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
thanks for the update - this answers one of my final coaching questions, the other will be RB, LB and secondary coaches

kitna and tom house (offseason) really did wonders for dak's throwing mechanics and footwork,. did make a remarkable difference but one again it's the familiarity liklihood about to come into play - west coast system, i think it will be a QB coach - though McCarthy will play a heavy hand it - the QB coach
will play even heavier with mechanics, footwork and the how to in this McCarthy system.

This will be Dak's 5th season.

I think any problems he still has with his mechanics are baked in by now.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That "number one" offense kicked nothing but FGs against the Saints and Eagles. Two playoff teams and two "big games". So keep the stats. They were an average football team last year. 8-8. Everyone shares the blame and everyone should be gone on that staff if it were up to me.

nah.

we were number 1 in yards.

I like that stat.

says a lot.