CFZ Jonathan Hankins vs A'Shawn Robinson

AKATheRake

Reaction score
It's a good DT draft.

Hankins apparently isn't ready to sign a deal with any team right now anyways.

No way I pay Robinson $10 million

John813

Reaction score
I think the market has cooled for higher than expected value for remaining FA. It’s going to be closer to honest offers/“true” value.

So, Robinson is probably in the 5-7mil range with some of that being options/incentives. Probably signs a 1 year to try again next year.

I wouldn’t mind either. Maybe a slight hint to Robinson due to age/potential higher snap count if needed*

* assumption that his age/lack of wear would be a positive factor

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Start of fa, wanted both to be signed by the team, but it's looking like Hankins at some point will resign, just a game of chicken right now.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can Robinson even play NT?

From what I see, he's always been a 3-4 DE/UT type. Looks like he's always had a competent NT beside him.

I think you're looking at different positions for these guys.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Can Robinson even play NT?

From what I see, he's always been a 3-4 DE/UT type. Looks like he's always had a competent NT beside him.

I think you're looking at different positions for these guys.
Technically the Cowboys NTs play 1T which is different than a 3-4 NT (which Quinn may use some). They want quicker more lateral movement from the 1Ts. Robinson is mobile and can two gap like a 3-4 NT. I think Woods is actually the guy that might not fit what Quinn would want from his 1T.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Unless Robinson is willing to do like a 1 year deal worth 5 mil+ incentives, I would rather go Hankins for cheaper, draft a DT, and save some cap space for a trade deadline move to shore up the dline for the playoffs. Other than age, Robinson isn’t that much better than Hankins from the looks of it.

quickccc

Reaction score
Win-rate,... tackles for lost... solo/assist tackles ..and i cannot believe i'm saying this .. PFF grades .. i need all i can for grading 1 techs when i cannot see them up close and front.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Unless Robinson is willing to do like a 1 year deal worth 5 mil+ incentives, I would rather go Hankins for cheaper, draft a DT, and save some cap space for a trade deadline move to shore up the dline for the playoffs. Other than age, Robinson isn’t that much better than Hankins from the looks of it.
You are correct my friend, there really isnt that much difference between the two of them playing wise, just age.

Cebrin

Reaction score
The Cowboys will never invest big money on a 2 down NT that is expensive, and as much as we hate that here it is the proper approach. You want a guy that can 3 down if you pay them money. If Aaron Donald grew on a tree then every team would have one.

Fingers crossed we land Keanu Benton, because I think he can be that guy. He might not be Donald, but he has the tools to do both with his size, and strength.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Win-rate,... tackles for lost... solo/assist tackles ..and i cannot believe i'm saying this .. PFF grades .. i need all i can for grading 1 techs when i cannot see them up close and front.
Watch tape. That's how I evaluate, and then look at competition.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It's a good DT draft.

Hankins apparently isn't ready to sign a deal with any team right now anyways.

No way I pay Robinson $10 million
There’s only one DT that is a definite first rounder.

Three in the second.

Unless you’re talking about guys who can be rotational, which we have several already, I don’t think I would call it a good DT draft.

Kwyn

Reaction score
20% more tackles made from 30% less snaps….that’s a fair bit.
That’s some serious excel spreadsheet work you’ve got going on there.

I imagine our coaches and front office people are actually watching game film.

kskboys

Reaction score
Technically the Cowboys NTs play 1T which is different than a 3-4 NT (which Quinn may use some). They want quicker more lateral movement from the 1Ts. Robinson is mobile and can two gap like a 3-4 NT. I think Woods is actually the guy that might not fit what Quinn would want from his 1T.
That's exactly what we thought about Spears and then Cedric Thornton. 3-4DE and NT are not interchangeable.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That's exactly what we thought about Spears and then Cedric Thornton. 3-4DE and NT are not interchangeable.
Some can like Robinson, even Brockers played end in a 3-4 recently. Carlos Watkins was an end for the Texans.