Jones’ on Dak

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No, I just view Dak as what the culture at Dallas has produced - probably a slightly above average player who is demanding top dollar and will most likely get it from the idiot owner.

I hear you. Dak’s makeup is a ton better than Smith and DLAw. He has been a much better player than those 2. I am not saying give him 40 million. Not at all. Sad, but the market has moved there. Watson’s contract is just silly.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
This team is positioning itself to move on from Dak....anyone that doesn’t see it is blind.

Jerry is rooting for Dak obviously, but unless Dak turns it around on the field or significantly lowers his asking price, he’ll be gone by 2022.

Qcard

Reaction score
what you want coaches and owners/gm to publicly RIP their players like tool db fans do on forums?

hes supposed to support his players..especially the ones he battling with in contract negotiations, get more bees with honey type deal..

who cares an owner and Gm is allowed an opinion and hate to give you the breaking news, Jerrys opinion has far more weight then yours as an actual owner/gm of an actual real Football franchise.. regardless of the opinions around here , yuo nor I know better then the owners and coaches..not even close..

Jerry has occasionally come out like last year after a game and state disappointment on coaching and players, even dak..he knows and we all know Dak isnt Mahomes but at this stage of the season one game in, best to support the players and coaches, its long year,,no need for panic
:hammer::hammer:

khiladi

Reaction score
I love Dak. He such a good kid. He’s talented enough to win with. I root for him every Sunday.

"The only thing Dak is missing from Patrick Mahomes is winning that Super Bowl.''

but this just silly. If Dak was that good he would already be signed

According to Dak homers, it’s now Jerry’s fault. The same Jerry who is claiming Dak is Mahomes...

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s comical to me that a OC that has Stafford put up over 5000 yards and 40 TDs and consistently fielded high-ranking passing attacks is the reason why Dak sucks..

The reality is Linehan completely tailored the offense to Dak, including making it a play-action, shotgun dominant passing attack, with minimal drop back passing. They even got rid of Dez, because they kept asserting that he was the reason Dak kept forcing the ball to him. Linehan in year 1, isolated Beasley in formations that allowed Dak to easily hit him for a tuned of over 100 receptions, but as soon as teams double-teamed Beasley the next year, Dak was awful, throwing to a tune of 4 INTs returned for a TD.

And you can’t blame OC for Dak taking a week to throw a TD in TRAINING CAMP. His struggling in practices has been well-known and this idea it doesn’t impact on game-day is garbage. There is a reason why he’s not leading WRs and taking check-downs...

erod

Reaction score
I love Dak. He such a good kid. He’s talented enough to win with. I root for him every Sunday.

"The only thing Dak is missing from Patrick Mahomes is winning that Super Bowl.''

Mahomes has scored 17 points or less once in his career.

Dak does it pretty frequently.

Dumbest point ever.

jnday

Reaction score
lets give the new staff time to work out the kinks they actually witness and trust me if KM keeps down this path he wont be calling plays past game 6.. MM wil take over and start implementing more of his offense..

IMHO KM was more to fault then Dak and the Wrs although i saw open WRs so is it KM calling pays for his QBs deficiency's or KM not being a good play caller for these weapons?
The play-calling doesn’t matter when you have a QB that throws to the WR that is closest to him and overlooks the WRs that are open down the field. It seems like Dak is too slow when reading the defense and he doesn’t even look past the safest pass which means dumping the ball off instead of aggressively attacking the defense down the field.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We needed 80 yards in 90 seconds and we throw a 3 yard out pattern to our 3rd string TE.
Moore...

not Dak.

Moore is calling the plays.

McCarthy has removed himself as a target since he said he wanted to keep Moore over calling the plays.

McCarthy is an interesting coach. He was hired to fix Dak and win. He was hired to call the plays when he was hired.

But he immediately backed away from that claiming he needed to look after the rest of the team.

Red light.

The only original idea and change any of us saw was McCarthy deleting the jersey numbers in the Blue-White game. All to protect a handful of rookies that they wanted to get through waivers?

Who were these players? Did we succeed to do it?

Who knows.. nobody knows. Nobody is talking.

I do not have any feeling we have made the right choice with McCarthy.

I see nothing.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this is dak's fifth year most qb that are going to be successful in the playoffs have already been to at least a championship game by this time in their time in nfl and dak is like one and 8 in one score games after awhile its kinda like parcells used to say u are what ur record says u are

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Jerry always going to love him some Dak...
Still waiting for fish to bite.....

Wood

Reaction score

how about winning few playoff games before SB even comes into conversation.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
We'll go down the road like most bad/average teams do where you fire multiple head coaches and OCs before finally dumping the QB.

You mean like Cleveland? How many QBs have they gone through. How many #1 picks. Still not a one better than Dak.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

People keep telling themselves Dak isn't signed because Dallas doesn't want him.

He's not signed because they wanted to control him for 6 years while he wanted to be free after 4 years. This isn't a secret.

I will say ol' Jerry's blue and sea foam green glasses are clouding his perception a bit. Mahomes? Let's pump the brakes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not sure if this is DAK or playcalling, though.

Goff has great playcalling but it's obvious he isn't a very good player.

Romo had awful playcalling but it was obvious he was a playmaker capable of carrying teams.

Dak has had awful playcalling but is obvious he is a conservative, low risk, rely on others type of player.