Jones' Clear but Sneaky Objective

boysfanindc

Reaction score
With the big contracts to Dak and Lamb, I think the decided to go cheap everywhere else this year to push money into next years cap. Basically mini tank pushing cap dollars and getting higher draft picks next year.

This way they do not have to announce a rebuild (hurts revenue) and get a new coach, more cap dollars and higher draft pics and claim we are back.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Yes it makes total sense to waste a whole year just to “set up” a HC to be fired that you could have easily fired after the playoff embarrassment last year against GB

Total sense
About as much as signing to make the QB responsible for that loss to 60 million per year
About as much sense as hiring a DC whose defense was 29th out of 32 his last 2 years
No one’s saying it makes sense lol and tbh, the clear lack of logic actually makes a LOT of sense for our current ownership and front office

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is it not obvious that Jerry & co are basically setting McCarthy up to fail this year?

We might be treading on to conspiracy theory levels here, but I am really starting to believe that Jerry signed no one at all outside of “cornerstones” almost SO the team would fail.

With a complete failure, it would leave out any possible argument/decision to retain McCarthy past this season.

If this is the case, I’m honestly not against it. Would I have preferred just canning the guy after the GB loss? Of course, but our ownership is cheap.
why?

why would you spend that much money on limited lifespan players such as dak and lamb and waste a year of their potential?

granted their stupidity does just that.

but i don't think its intentional.

exciter

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is it not obvious that Jerry & co are basically setting McCarthy up to fail this year?

We might be treading on to conspiracy theory levels here, but I am really starting to believe that Jerry signed no one at all outside of “cornerstones” almost SO the team would fail.

With a complete failure, it would leave out any possible argument/decision to retain McCarthy past this season.

If this is the case, I’m honestly not against it. Would I have preferred just canning the guy after the GB loss? Of course, but our ownership is cheap.
Lol damn!
Jerry had to work out how he was going to pay out 3 massive contracts bordering on highest paid player at the position, all 3 being league premium positions before he could think about anything else.
It’s really that simple.
It so simple a turnip could easily figure it out!

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Crawford was the dumbest contract as he had really shown nothing.
Zeke led the NFL in rushing and Jaylon made the pro bowl
Yeah but a high volume runner and a dude with a bad leg was still bad,especially when proof was there with Gurley.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
1.5 mil/season is stupid? Jerry has signed far worse contracts than that. Brandon Carr, Pacman, Nate Livings, Poe, McCoy, Haha, Steele, Bernadeau, Roy Williams.

Hades, I'm not sure the Zeke signing even makes the top 20 of stupid Jerry signings. And Randy Gregory would be up around the top if he'd have agreed to the stupid contract we offered.
Who got signed for 1.5 mil?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No reason to help him fail. I think JJ is making money regardless and had no problem wasting a season
He turns 82 this month. He's not purposely throwing away seasons. He just sucks this bad.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy is a very good coach in a very toxic environment. I refuse to blame him for the sins of the Owner.