Jones family have Cowboys stuck in neutral

sportsman

Reaction score
Is it fair too say, since the 90s the Jones family have failed the fans who pay to make them richer than the already are. As much as I do like Jerry the owner the GM has failed to build championships. The bad part is the Jones family will not be selling anytime soon. And now we are stuck with the coach who is so smart.

Zordon

Reaction score
Trying to force this trainee coach down our throat is their worse mistake. He has ruined Romo's aka "The Miracle" career. Imagine if we had a competent coach the last 5 years, someone like Arians or Sean Payton. It's a shame...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
As much as he has meddled, Jerry has always ponied up money when needed to. I won't even knock him as an owner. As a GM, he has turned over almost complete control to Garrett and Stephen. For that reason, I would give it a few more years before jumping on the Jones hate wagon again.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Is it fair too say, since the 90s the Jones family have failed the fans who pay to make them richer than the already are. As much as I do like Jerry the owner the GM has failed to build championships. The bad part is the Jones family will not be selling anytime soon. And now we are stuck with the coach who is so smart.

1. Jerry brought us 3 superbowl trophies as the owner and GM.
2. He has made the cowboys franchise the wealthiest sports franchise in the world
3. Jerry is good man. He has given Josh Brent a job, allowed others to use his personal jet for family emergencies, and is loyal to his players and employees.
4. The last 2-3 drafts, our draft picks have been remarkably better. Of course not all of them are going to pan out, but no team has all their picks pan out.

In regards to experience, I would like to add the following. Everyone forgets that both Jerry and Stephen played college football Stephen was a qb and was offered a shot to go to Princeton where he would have challenged Jason Garrett for the starting job. They have owned the cowboys for over 25 years. You would figure that after 25 years of on the job training, meeting with coaches, scouts, ect,that the Jones would probably have gained some respect, but we hear constantly that JJ or SJ doesn't know Sh** about drafting/player evaluation ect. These guys probably put in 80 work weeks too.

GM's make mistakes all over the league. Look at Indy, Phili, San Fran, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Redksins, ect. We are complaining about a GM who after losing his franchise QB and franchise WR, had a team that was competitive in 4 of the last 5 games. Trust me we could do a lot worse than have Jerry as a GM.

mugsybows

Reaction score
2. He has made the cowboys franchise the wealthiest sports franchise in the world
3. Jerry is good man. He has given Josh Brent a job, allowed others to use his personal jet for family emergencies, and is loyal to his players and employees.
4. The last 2-3 drafts, our draft picks have been remarkably better. Of course not all of them are going to pan out, but no team has all their picks pan out.

In regards to experience, I would like to add the following. Everyone forgets that both Jerry and Stephen played college football Stephen was a qb and was offered a shot to go to Princeton where he would have challenged Jason Garrett for the starting job. They have owned the cowboys for over 25 years. You would figure that after 25 years of on the job training, meeting with coaches, scouts, ect,that the Jones would probably have gained some respect, but we hear constantly that JJ or SJ doesn't know Sh** about drafting/player evaluation ect. These guys probably put in 80 work weeks too.

GM's make mistakes all over the league. Look at Indy, Phili, San Fran, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Redksins, ect. We are complaining about a GM who after losing his franchise QB and franchise WR, had a team that was competitive in 4 of the last 5 games. Trust me we could do a lot worse than have Jerry as a GM.

:hammer::clap:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

1) Jimmy Johnson
2) Whoopty do
3) There are more pictures floating around that could prove you wrong.
4) I'll give credit where it's due.

20 years of suckage. Losing is still losing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And to think less than 2 months ago everyone was convinced we were Super Bowl contenders.

waving monkey

Reaction score

www.cbssports.com/nfl/...football/.../jerry-jones-named-nfl-executive-of-...Jan 15, 2015 - Cowboys GM Jerry Jones named NFL Executive of the Year by PFWA ... scored on the Dez Bryant-catch-that-wasn't, escaped Green Bay with a win, ... in the front office is deserving of this award, we're not sure it's Jerry Jones

Amy50632

Reaction score
Looks like the record of not having the same team win the division again after winning it the year before since 2004 will continue.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don't blame the Jones family. We had a rash of injuries to key players. That would have sunk any team.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
And to think less than 2 months ago everyone was convinced we were Super Bowl contenders.

we were close. but its very obvious this foundation falls without ROMO. ROMO is the main critical layer of our team, when that was ripped right from under us it revealed a coaching staff who cant put one win together with a backup QB. that's pretty damaging for them. their success lives and dies with Romo alone. They put all the cards on Romo. I don't have a problem with that because ROMO is that great but they should at least be competent enough to get some depth in the QB department to help string together a win. Them sticking with Weeden as their backup QB for awhile shows some glaring issues.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
we were close. but its very obvious this foundation falls without ROMO. ROMO is the main critical layer of our team, when that was ripped right from under us it revealed a coaching staff who cant put one win together with a backup QB. that's pretty damaging for them. their success lives and dies with Romo alone. They put all the cards on Romo. I don't have a problem with that because ROMO is that great but they should at least be competent enough to get some depth in the QB department to help string together a win. Them sticking with Weeden as their backup QB for awhile shows some glaring issues.

I couldn't believe they brought Weeden to Dallas. I don't know why he stayed after last year. He's basically useless. When you are a SB contender you have to have a competent backup especially when your QB has injury issues.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I wish there were more threads about this.

You know we need a seasons over thread or new permanent zone to frequent. Instead of the fan, roster, NFL news, fantasy, jar jar binks, etc etc I really think it's time for the first ever "season's over zone". Just think we could funnel all these threads in there and keep the two positive threads in the fan zone alive and kicking :thumbup: