Jones family have Cowboys stuck in neutral

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
For 20 years?

Would that be being said if the injuries had not happen and we were 7-0 or 6-1? Was it said when everything was going great last year? The answer is no, so stop with the BS blame game. Every year is its own challenge and the Jones family is not to blame for 20 years of no Super Bowl success.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
1) Jimmy Johnson
2) Whoopty do
3) There are more pictures floating around that could prove you wrong.
4) I'll give credit where it's due.

20 years of suckage. Losing is still losing.

1. Jerry hired Jimmy. it wasn't the other wayaound
2. Ok I guess...its cool to the baddest franchise in the world
3. Oh really....show me pictures wheres he's bad to his employees and players
4. cool

5 superbowl rings, 4 billion dollar worth, still America' most watched football franchise, NFL executive of the year

Haters gonna Hate

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Would that be being said if the injuries had not happen and we were 7-0 or 6-1? Was it said when everything was going great last year? The answer is no, so stop with the BS blame game. Every year is its own challenge and the Jones family is not to blame for 20 years of no Super Bowl success.

Who's our GM? Winning franchises have good GMs who work well with good to better coaches. Who hires the coaches in Dallas? Who has given out crazy stupid contracts to washed up or simply worthless players? Even Jerry himself says it's all laid at his feet. Why should we say different?
It's the most honest thing he says.

dfense

Reaction score
And it was just a year ago coaches could not do wrong. Dominant offense, unspectacular but opportunistic overachieving defense. Executive of the year, rushing champ, top QBR Romo.

Nothing like a losing a franchise QB to bring out the haters.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
4. cool

5 superbowl rings, 4 billion dollar worth, still America' most watched football franchise.
Haters gonna Hate

1. Jerry hired Jimmy.

Best thing he ever did. I'll give him credit for that.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Seriously?

This team was 12-4 last year and one of the three best teams in the league. (I bumped SEA out if you were wondering).

Then, they had a great offseason with one head scratcher in the Crawford deal.

We were 2-0, then lost our QB right before a murderer's row of QBs, catching a lot of bad breaks along the way.

I'm tired of losing too, but the FO has been strong the last two years save maybe one or two gaffes.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
4. cool

5 superbowl rings, 4 billion dollar worth, still America' most watched football franchise.
Haters gonna Hate

Jimmy ran the show, wasn't the other way around. Good on Jerry.
Is it putting money in your pocket or winning championships to be the richest franchise? What's cool about it. I don't care who or how many watch the Cowboys. But I guess it's all we have to brag about in 20 years.
5 rings, yup. I guess we can live on that for a lot longer.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Who's our GM? Winning franchises have good GMs who work well with good to better coaches. Who hires the coaches in Dallas? Who has given out crazy stupid contracts to washed up or simply worthless players? Even Jerry himself says it's all laid at his feet. Why should we say different? It's the most honest thing he says.

Ah, now I see where you are coming from. The sky is falling. I agree. The season is sunk yet again. But rather than understanding several things have go just right to win championships, it's much easier to point the finger straight to the top. Boil it down to the common denominator... Jones family.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Ah, now I see where you are coming from. The sky is falling. I agree. The season is sunk yet again. But rather than understanding several things have go just right to win championships, it's much easier to point the finger straight to the top. Boil it down to the common denominator... Jones family.

In order for several things to have to go just right it starts at the top, no?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lot of steps in 20 years.

It's a privately owned entity. They can do what they want with their property including screw it up. They have grown the value of this team from 140 million to 4 billion. But somehow they should care what you or any fan thinks? Stop it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
It's a privately owned entity. They can do what they want with their property including screw it up. They have grown the value of this team from 140 million to 4 billion. But somehow they should care what you or any fan thinks? Stop it.

Oh I know they don't care what you or I think. Just like I don't care what the value of the franchise is. I'm a fan of the team, same as you. I'd rather have wins in a cruddy old stadium than losses in a palace. Just me I guess.

fredp22

Reaction score
1. Jerry brought us 3 superbowl trophies as the owner and GM.
2. He has made the cowboys franchise the wealthiest sports franchise in the world
3. Jerry is good man. He has given Josh Brent a job, allowed others to use his personal jet for family emergencies, and is loyal to his players and employees.
4. The last 2-3 drafts, our draft picks have been remarkably better. Of course not all of them are going to pan out, but no team has all their picks pan out.

In regards to experience, I would like to add the following. Everyone forgets that both Jerry and Stephen played college football Stephen was a qb and was offered a shot to go to Princeton where he would have challenged Jason Garrett for the starting job. They have owned the cowboys for over 25 years. You would figure that after 25 years of on the job training, meeting with coaches, scouts, ect,that the Jones would probably have gained some respect, but we hear constantly that JJ or SJ doesn't know Sh** about drafting/player evaluation ect. These guys probably put in 80 work weeks too.

GM's make mistakes all over the league. Look at Indy, Phili, San Fran, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Redksins, ect. We are complaining about a GM who after losing his franchise QB and franchise WR, had a team that was competitive in 4 of the last 5 games. Trust me we could do a lot worse than have Jerry as a GM.

1- Jimmy built the team and brought us the SB's.
2- Jerry bought the wealthiest and most popular franchise. Its Landry and the prior front office that made and built the Cowboy name. If Jerry had bought the Jaguars they would be about as popular, wealthy, and successful as they are now.
3- He also told Landry to go f himself. And he chased Jimmy and his staff away. I dont dislike Jerry but "a good man" is stretching it for this egomaniac

I dont think anyone forgot they played college football- they remind us whenever they can. After their 25 years of on the job training and everything else you mentioned a person normally would get some respect but with 20 years out of the playoffs, the 5-11 seasons, the 8-8 seasons, the refusing to get a GM has resulted in the respect he's getting.
Jerry doesnt want the Cowboys to win-Jerry wants Jerry to win meaning only he can get any credit. Hes said so when he got rid of Jimmy

Want more respect-win something.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh I know they don't care what you or I think. Just like I don't care what the value of the franchise is. I'm a fan of the team, same as you. I'd rather have wins in a cruddy old stadium than losses in a palace. Just me I guess.

So find another team... is that so hard? Long after your kid's kids are long gone and forgotten, the Jones family will still own the Dallas Cowboys.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
This year isn't on Jerry and co. They have done a good job acquiring talent, minus not bringing Murray back.

The coaches were awful in determining the quality of our backup QB situation.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
So find another team... is that so hard? Long after your kid's kids are long gone and forgotten, the Jones family will still own the Dallas Cowboys.

LOL The ole find another team. Was a fan long before the Jonses. Unless I die in a wreck or some thing I'll out live Jerry. I have hope for Stephen.