Jones said his biggest career disappointment is not winning a Super Bowl with Romo. Would be the same thing with Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Everyone hear foaming out the mouth for Romo is forgetting with better personnel he will probably still throw a game ending interception.

I grew up watching Romo - but why does everyone act like he played 2014 ball throughout his whole career?
The revisionist history is so annoying. The guy was a good QB but in retirement they talk about him like he’s Brady.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone hear foaming out the mouth for Romo is forgetting with better personnel he will probably still throw a game ending interception.

I grew up watching Romo - but why does everyone act like he played 2014 ball throughout his whole career?
Romo was Roger Staubach with talent.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry really says the stupidest things some times. He completely dropped the ball through Romo’s career. He definitely wised up with McCarthy here. Night and day difference on how the teams are run. Dak has a legit shot at least.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry really says the stupidest things some times. He completely dropped the ball through Romo’s career. He definitely wised up with McCarthy here. Night and day difference on how the teams are run. Dak has a legit shot at least.
I wouldn’t even say he wised up with Mike. I think Mike was a terrible hire it just worked out. Mike has been great don’t get me wrong but they didn’t even seriously consider any other candidates….and then forced Moore on him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
umm.. no, cause Dak has had some great personnel around him. When Jerry says he regrets not winning a Super Bowl with Romo is because Jerry knows he didnt surround Romo with enough good players and coaches on both sides of the ball.
Romo had 12 other Pro Bowlers in 2007 when they lost to the damn Giants. Literally a Pro Bowl and still lost.

phildadon86

Reaction score
TO, Martin, Dez, Witten, Ware….i can go on.
Yup. Lets get rid of the OL narrative as well. In 2007 he had one of the best lines in the league. Davis, Gurode, Adams.

Decided it was a great idea to go to Cabo during the bye week. Lets blame the talent though.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dear Jerry-
We fans have been disappointed we didn’t win a SB all these years too. Thanks for hiring Big Mac and finally setting aside your pettiness and putting Jimmy in the ROH.
PS…things go better when the players and coaches are the center of attention instead of you.

Sincerely,
Cowboys Fans

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yup. Lets get rid of the OL narrative as well. In 2007 he had one of the best lines in the league. Davis, Gurode, Adams.

Decided it was a great idea to go to Cabo during the bye week. Lets blame the talent though.
These fans want to use the years of Nate Livings and Bernadau to show he had no help or no line. That was probably 2 or 3 years of his career he was book end with two great lines. The Leonard Davis years and the Martin years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Imagine Romo with McCarthy.

And those Cowboys having a defense like this.
Rings

They did have a few good defenses at the very beginning of his career, but it went downhill fast. Very wprst in league one year...lol
Same with the offensive lines. Started out fine, then were bad, then finally good again at the very end

phildadon86

Reaction score
These fans want to use the years of Nate Livings and Bernadau to show he had no help or no line. That was probably 2 or 3 years of his career he was book end with two great lines. The Leonard Davis years and the Martin years.
Also had a very young Tyron Smith. And Fredbead. LOL
Yeah his teams all sucked for 14 years. It was all Romo. The hero worship he gets for doing nothing is insane.

Maybe instead of being a hero and checking down to Beasely in GB would have actually justifed the praise he gets.

Big_D

Reaction score
I wouldn’t even say he wised up with Mike. I think Mike was a terrible hire it just worked out. Mike has been great don’t get me wrong but they didn’t even seriously consider any other candidates….and then forced Moore on him.
The team is better and smarter since the Garrett debacle. A complete joke for a decade plus. A legit coach with a real resume is not a terrible hire. Garrett/Phillips.. that was terrible!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The revisionist history is so annoying. The guy was a good QB but in retirement they talk about him like he’s Brady.
I liked Romo. He was certainly good. Great? No. He was a great story and had some really good games. The “he didn’t have the talent around him“ storyline is lame. Those 2007-09 teams were loaded with talent.

The thing that annoyed me the most about TR was his laziness. He spent more time playing golf and other off field stuff than keeping his body in great condition and working on his weaknesses. He threw a higher % of picks than Dak and that seems to somehow escape many fans.

Im not here to bash TR. He was a really good QB here. But some calling him “the best Cowboys QB ever” is just mystifying to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The team is better and smarter since the Garrett debacle. A complete joke for a decade plus. A legit coach with a real resume is not a terrible hire. Garrett/Phillips.. that was terrible!
It worked out and it turned into a great hire but Mike was a bad hire. Unless Jerry really believed all the crap he spewed. I love Mike and glad I was wrong on him but when you hire a coach you should actually go on a coaching search. They didn’t and at the time there was some interesting things coming out on him from his time in GB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I liked Romo. He was certainly good. Great? No. He was a great story and had some really good games. The “he didn’t have the talent around him“ storyline is lame. Those 2007-09 teams were loaded with talent.

The thing that annoyed me the most about TR was his laziness. He spent more time playing golf and other off field stuff than keeping his body in great condition and working on his weaknesses. He threw a higher % of picks than Dak and that seems to somehow escape many fans.

Im not here to bash TR. He was a really good QB here. But some calling him “the best Cowboys QB ever” is just mystifying to me.
I agree and that’s an aspect we let him off the hook on. I’m all for guys doing what they want in their spare time but it did seem like golf was more important than football was to him. I think ultimately the locker room didn’t care for any of this stuff and when it came time to choose between he and Dak it’s why they chose Dak. You don’t make that move unless the locker room is ready.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Dear Jerry-
We fans have been disappointed we didn’t win a SB all these years too. Thanks for hiring Big Mac and finally setting aside your pettiness and putting Jimmy in the ROH.
PS…things go better when the players and coaches are the center of attention instead of you.

Sincerely,
Cowboys Fans
This.

Gawd dangit Jerry, you wasted so many years. Even if you do win another Superbowl the "what if" questions will never cease and rightly so. Lots of talent was wasted on your stubbornness. You were a bad GM ever since you couldn't buy Superbowl wins anymore.

So thanks for the 90s and I mean it. But damn do those last two decades hurt. At least you regret it.

mmohican29

Reaction score

This is truth. Romo had a Black Cat in his locker. He would play great, but inevitably screw it up.