News: Joseph Randle ticketed for marijuana possession *Updated Post 101*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG, you obviously don't think about how your words are received before you say them. It's not very believable when you defend an accusation of being defensive by exclaiming otherwise and then you add the one phrase that is the epitome of defensiveness... "don't judge me". You make my point for me better than I do.

I'm not judging you my friend but I am making observation that are based in sound psychology.

Lol, at your posts.
Guess you think you are smarter than everyone else then by your words
Whatever, I'm done with your crap. Ignore list for you.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Not really, how we all may feel about weed does not change the simple fact the NFL has rules against it. I really do not care of opinions on if weed should be legal or not because the fact remains players who are caught doing it or failing drug test can get suspended those are the facts. One day if the NFL says it is fine no penalty will take place then great but as of now that is not the rule and having any player who could miss time because he was too stupid to understand the rules is a player this team can't depend on.

I don't think anyone is questioning the fact that it is against the NFL rules. It's about all the hate over weed. However you feel about it, most of us in our past have had situations come up that we were glad not to have the media all over our business. I think condemning the man over some pot found in a room where he was asking people to leave, and trying to just mind his business, is a bit much over weed. Now if he had beat her up, or actually had a firearm, sure.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
quick to judge?...that's what you were doing...and I'm not defensive on it. By you saying that you are accusing me and anyone else that claims they don't smoke.
Well I don't, so don't judge me either.

There's really nothing to judge. Marijuana is a perfectly harmless substance in itself. People that demonize it just can't be very familiar with it or have impressions founded on the stereotypes that historically have used it. The only issue in an NFL context is that it happens to be a banned substance and, as such, being involved with it threatens your involvement with the league. It's pretty simple.

djmajestik

Reaction score
It's just not surprising to see potheads show support for another pothead.

So in order to feel that he was just being a kid and not being smart I have to be a pothead to defend him? No, some people just don't see weed as that big of a deal. Regardless of whether you are a "pothead" or "reefer addict" or however you want to label people.

Man, I had a friend who his dad was a "Nic addict", terrible dad. Never mind him raising his son right, making sure he is raised with morals and values, bag on him for being a "Nic-head".

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
You should meet my son. Thank god he isn't my problem any more. I finally got mom to understand we can't let a 28 yo keep moving back in the house. Great kid, would help any one. Just won't stop smoking that crap. I quit cigs after 35 years he can't put a joint down.

I'm guessing people were trying to get you to stop cigs for 35 years and you didn't, .. he has smoked for what, 10 years.

Keep talking to him, maybe he will figure it out.

Don't give up on him.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I'm guessing people were trying to get you to stop cigs for 35 years and you didn't, .. he has smoked for what, 10 years.

Keep talking to him, maybe he will figure it out.

Don't give up on him.

I haven't I love him he's my son. But cigarettes never cost me getting arrested, time in court, community service, losing a days pay to sit in court.
You get my point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is questioning the fact that it is against the NFL rules. It's about all the hate over weed. However you feel about it, most of us in our past have had situations come up that we were glad not to have the media all over our business. I think condemning the man over some pot found in a room where he was asking people to leave, and trying to just mind his business, is a bit much over weed. Now if he had beat her up, or actually had a firearm, sure.

I have no hate over weed, I do think weed is a problem for some especially if you are willing to risk a career over it. Some love to say it is no big deal or alcohol is legal so then weed should also be legal. Guess what I agree but when it comes to the job and a business has a policy in place and you allow weed or alcohol to put that job at risk then you got a problem. Weed and alcohol should never be more important than that if it is then you have a problem since you are unable to control it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

I'm no pot head and I will deafened it to a point. If you are smoking it on your leisure time and not at a job that requires a drug test, you aren't hurting any one. If you aren't spending your food or bill money on it, what do I care. If you aren't using your Gov food stamps on it, don't bother me.
If you are doing it in front of your kids or unable to provide for them because of it I have a problem with it.

We have all seen alcohol do much worse than pot.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I haven't I love him he's my son. But cigarettes never cost me getting arrested, time in court, community service, losing a days pay to sit in court.
You get my point.

Yea, I understand.

But when you said, .. "Thank god he isn't my problem any more.", I felt your frustration. Hang in there Dad.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So in order to feel that he was just being a kid and not being smart I have to be a pothead to defend him? No, some people just don't see weed as that big of a deal. Regardless of whether you are a "pothead" or "reefer addict" or however you want to label people.

Man, I had a friend who his dad was a "Nic addict", terrible dad. Never mind him raising his son right, making sure he is raised with morals and values, bag on him for being a "Nic-head".

No, I'm not saying all downplaying of Randle's action is only done by weed users. I understand there are some non-weed users that don't have a harsh opinion on weed.

All I'm saying it is obvious that those that do partake in recreational weed would defend Randle.

djmajestik

Reaction score
I have no hate over weed, I do think weed is a problem for some especially if you are willing to risk a career over it. Some love to say it is no big deal or alcohol is legal so then weed should also be legal. Guess what I agree but when it comes to the job and a business has a policy in place and you allow weed or alcohol to put that job at risk then you got a problem. Weed and alcohol should never be more important than that if it is then you have a problem since you are unable to control it.

Completely agree, I was just pointing out the people that hate him over it being weed. I mean, there are a ton of reasons to bag on the guy, something as small and insignificant as weed shouldn't be it.

djmajestik

Reaction score
I'm no pot head and I will deafened it to a point. If you are smoking it on your leisure time and not at a job that requires a drug test, you aren't hurting any one. If you aren't spending your food or bill money on it, what do I care. If you aren't using your Gov food stamps on it, don't bother me.
If you are doing it in front of your kids or unable to provide for them because of it I have a problem with it.

We have all seen alcohol do much worse than pot.

Right. But the point is, I know a lot of "professional" people that do it and it in no way affects how they conduct their business. I would have never even guessed these people did it. I think like most things it's all in moderation. You abuse any "drug" and it is bad, regardless of the legal ramifications involved.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Completely agree, I was just pointing out the people that hate him over it being weed. I mean, there are a ton of reasons to bag on the guy, something as small and insignificant as weed shouldn't be it.

If this was a 1st incident then I would be more inclined to agree but more than the weed it is the poor judgment. Hell Jimmy cut guys for less so if he ends up losing his job over this it is not the Cowboys who are to blame it is Randle who is to blame and at fault. Guys know the rules and his action but the team at risk of losing a player to a non-injury related issue is something this team can’t afford to go back to.
I don’t know Cowboys may give him another chance then again they may not we will see.

djmajestik

Reaction score
No, I'm not saying all downplaying of Randle's action is only done by weed users. I understand there are some non-weed users that don't have a harsh opinion on weed.

All I'm saying it is obvious that those that do partake in recreational weed would defend Randle.

Or possibly those non-smoking folks that realize they were in his shoes at one point in time, and realize it's tough being a "kid". I know for one I have done things in my past that were stupid and reckless, but that doesn't label me a lost cause. Nothing is black and white ..... even saying that people that recreationally use it would defend him. I would imagine there are some recreational users that aren't defending him.

It's not black and white. It's not potheads vs. non-potheads. It's people seeing the mistakes he's made and judging him on it, whether right or wrong.

But enough on the pot talk. Was not my intention to get off-topic. Just hate the myopic views people have on people that smoke pot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right. But the point is, I know a lot of "professional" people that do it and it in no way affects how they conduct their business. I would have never even guessed these people did it. I think like most things it's all in moderation. You abuse any "drug" and it is bad, regardless of the legal ramifications involved.

Drug and alcohol problems cost the U.S. business an estimated $276 billion every year. Employers can get sued if an employee is high and an accident happen, they are held accountable for the actions of their empolyees. Saying I work better when I'm stoned is like a drunk driver saying I can drive just fine and they are not, maybe in their own minds but then their judgment is not the best.

djmajestik

Reaction score
If this was a 1st incident then I would be more inclined to agree but more than the weed it is the poor judgment. Hell Jimmy cut guys for less so if he ends up losing his job over this it is not the Cowboys who are to blame it is Randle who is to blame and at fault. Guys know the rules and his action but the team at risk of losing a player to a non-injury related issue is something this team can’t afford to go back to.
I don’t know Cowboys may give him another chance then again they may not we will see.

You're right, and I agree! It's about the repeated offenses. If he is cut, I'm ok with that. But I am certainly not against bringing him back and hoping he gets it straight.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Or possibly those non-smoking folks that realize they were in his shoes at one point in time, and realize it's tough being a "kid". I know for one I have done things in my past that were stupid and reckless, but that doesn't label me a lost cause. Nothing is black and white ..... even saying that people that recreationally use it would defend him. I would imagine there are some recreational users that aren't defending him.

It's not black and white. It's not potheads vs. non-potheads. It's people seeing the mistakes he's made and judging him on it, whether right or wrong.

But enough on the pot talk. Was not my intention to get off-topic. Just hate the myopic views people have on people that smoke pot.

Your right and when I did stupid things as a young man I paid the penalty and sometimes those penalties were very costly. I learned from it but it still cost me.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Drug and alcohol problems cost the U.S. business an estimated $276 billion every year. Employers can get sued if an employee is high and an accident happen, they are held accountable for the actions of their empolyees. Saying I work better when I'm stoned is like a drunk driver saying I can drive just fine and they are not, maybe in their own minds but then their judgment is not the best.

I'll disagree, alcohol and pot affect people in completely different ways. I understand the legal side and how businesses can be sued, but equating a drunk driver in the same vein as someone that smoked and is driving isn't right. Apples and oranges.

But I am done on the pot soapbox lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You're right, and I agree! It's about the repeated offenses. If he is cut, I'm ok with that. But I am certainly not against bringing him back and hoping he gets it straight.

I just as soon leave it in the hands of the Cowboys and Coach Garrett, they know him better than I do. I know they hit him with a big fine after the shoplifting incident no telling what they may do this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.