News: Joseph Randle ticketed for marijuana possession *Updated Post 101*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score

I could also 'agree more'... because I couldn't agree less.

I remember reading breaking stories on Michael Irvin way back in the day and WISHING it was only marijuana. Randle's no Michael Irvin in terms of his value to the Cowboys. But I'm trying to imagine how I'd feel if the headline read 'Zach Martin Cited for Possession of Marijuana'... Wouldn't I be willing to cut HIM some slack? Heck, I'd probably be heaving a deep sigh that it wasn't something so much more difficult for a young man to turn the corner on.

I remember who I was back in my twenties and consider myself pretty far-removed from that guy. I'm not saying EVERYBODY has to learn from life's bumps and bruises. But, because so much of what I learned was from the 'school of hard knocks' - I guess I'm empathetic towards those youngsters going through the same curriculum.

Last edited:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Look, if you take away the drugs, shoplifting, threatening people with a gun, smashing glass over a child, not paying child support, stupid tweets and asking a cop for a massage he's a RKG. We cannot judge.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I don't know what happened, there are two sides to every story..... combine this with media confusion.
If there is one thing I know, the kid is immature. I wasn't too happy with the kid when he broke the man code snitching on Brent, & Dez.
The Cowboys have the right to let due process play out, and not react off emotion.

Last edited:

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In October, Jacobs says the Kansas Department for Children and Families contacted the Dallas Cowboys organization to verify Randle's employment and income information. She says the NFL team has never responded to the state agency.
That's disturbing. I'm shocked she hasn't lawyered up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Look, if you take away the drugs, shoplifting, threatening people with a gun, smashing glass over a child, not paying child support, stupid tweets and asking a cop for a massage he's a RKG. We cannot judge.

it does add up when you put it like that. :)

Reactions: BAZ

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'm sorry it only "kind of felt" that way. I'll work on being more precise with my words as to leave no doubt. ;)

So you're saying if people don't think it's a big deal we're pot heads? Again clarify that because this could turn south quickly.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Keep it between the lines gentlemen. Will not be a second warning

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep him on the roster ??? Most likely he will be suspended his first few games. Its time to draft a rb or bring in a cheap free agent. We cant have a player on the roster constantly in trouble. What does that say about JG and JJ, as long as you are potential back up you can get arrested as much as you like ?

The message is that being unreliable relegates you to a role where you're entirely replaceable. Draft picks are a limited resource, and you can't just go cutting players who can contribute without realizing you're going to either have to replace them or get worse as a team. Minor infractions like this one get you cut out of the succession plan. That effectively kills a dream and potentially costs dumb players millions. I think that's enough.

djmajestik

Reaction score
I was stoner for much of my life please do not tell me that a person senses and judgment are perfect when they are stoned if it they are then they are smoking some dirt weed. I have smoked some primo stuff that would not your blank in the dirt.

Never said perfect. But I know a lot more "stoners" that I work with that carry on a normal life and function just fine at work. Most people don't even know. Whereas with alcohol, I doubt they could carry the same lifestyle drinking all day every day.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Yeah, this is headed down the wrong rabbit hole. This is for another thread in another forum. I'll just say... some people counter a differing opinion with little daggers like calling the other view "myopic" rather than making a case for their own opinion. We should pick this up somewhere else.

Are you seriously suggesting people DON'T have a myopic view when it comes to pot? Come on now. Look around.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Correction... I'd be wrong in your opinion.

I appreciate you trying to educate me about the "smoking weed" world. You just confessed to being best friends with a pothead so if that's who you associate with and are so familiar with the "pot smoking" world that you think you have something to teach me about it... as a person that abhors pot, why would I value what you have to say about? You have polluted your own credibility.

Back on topic... Not ever kid makes the mistakes Randle is making... now in rapid succession. The indiscretions of youth is not an excuse I will accept in a big money business like the NFL. If he needs to grow up first then he can go flip burgers.

Got it, you hate pot. Can't argue with someone with a closed mind.

djmajestik

Reaction score
You are wrong.

Not all those who smoke will defend randle.

And not every kid is randle.

Your overzealous ability to categorize is amazing.

Wrong, but amazing.

Id also would have taken a bullet for that man, and he would have done the same. Your instant judgement is just as annoying as your ignorance of the topic.

Come at me all you want, but leave it there. You didnt know the man so zip it.

QFT.

djmajestik

Reaction score
I don't

Wow, you would be shocked at the number of great people in the world that DO smoke pot. Millionaires, heads of businesses,
Teachers, youth coaches and so on and so on. You must live in a neat little package.

Impossible to argue with a closed minded person.

djmajestik

Reaction score
I know we are surrounded by a messed up world but if what you are saying is true... that would explain it. I don't follow in those circles so I wouldn't know.

...and yes, the "neat little package" that I live in is pretty sweet.
\
LMAO ROFL the world is NOT messed up because some people choose to smoke something. If you don't like it, cool. But calling it messed up, is WRONG! That's three wrongs. Might just want to stop while you're behind.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Potheads coming out of the woodwork up in here at CZ. Good for you... circle the wagons. DERP!

Do you do any legal drugs? Cigs? Beer? Caffeine? All legal I get it. So once pot is legal, you still going to call the world messed up and full of potheads? or will it be ok then?

Status
Not open for further replies.