News: Joseph Randle ticketed for marijuana possession *Updated Post 101*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not for or against. Depends on the person. I'm not just closed minded like you are. My son smokes, I hate it because he can barley take care of himself and he's 30. My best friend smokes and he's very successful in life being self employed. Some can handle it, some can't. Those that can't shouldn't.
Do you drink if I may ask?

Do you read?... see above.

lostar2009

Reaction score
heh, it always cracks me up that people will run down a player as not worth having yet they have trade value.

I did not say he had zero worth only the fact he is not dependable. Second arrest in 2 years, the guy is a criminal and need a reality check.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Even if you can't rely on him as a potential starter at any point, he's still a young, capable RB at a position where your starter is going to be a value free agent. This is not a time to cut him unless you then want to devote some moderate resources to replace him in either the draft or by getting a vet in FA.

You keep him on the roster as a valuable role player who's too unreliable to start. Then you fill your starter vacancy and start looking to replace Randle in college or veteran FA. Maybe this is enough to give the nod to Williams coming out of camp next year. But even backup positions in the NFL are valuable enough that you don't just jettison people who can play if you don't have to. You just start looking to replace them.

Keep him on the roster ??? Most likely he will be suspended his first few games. Its time to draft a rb or bring in a cheap free agent. We cant have a player on the roster constantly in trouble. What does that say about JG and JJ, as long as you are potential back up you can get arrested as much as you like ?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Keep him on the roster ??? Most likely he will be suspended his first few games. Its time to draft a rb or bring in a cheap free agent. We cant have a player on the roster constantly in trouble. What does that say about JG and JJ, as long as you are potential back up you can get arrested as much as you like ?

I don't know if I would use JJ as an example here. His good buddy Christie is under investigation and JJ he hasn't exactly been a saint..

lostar2009

Reaction score
I don't know if I would use JJ as an example here. His good buddy Christie is under investigation and JJ he hasn't exactly been a saint..

Maybe but if this guy is out getting busted on this stuff there is no telling what he is doing behind close doors. I like him and want him to compliment Murray but I wouldn't keep a knuckle head around.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Note arrested for weed... he was cited which means he got a ticket.

It depends by state, in my state they will arrest you for a baggie. If he receive a citation for possession of a drug that is not legal in that state it is just as bad. So I guess if they have him take a urinalysis and he test positive will you still back him ???

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

LOL Christie is a Governor and potential Presidential candidate. If you have a political agenda here just say it and move on.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
LOL Christie is a Governor and potential Presidential candidate. If you have a political agenda here just say it and move on.

Couldn't care less about politics. He's under investigation just the same.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It depends by state, in my state they will arrest you for a baggie. If he receive a citation for possession of a drug that is not legal in that state it is just as bad. So I guess if they have him take a urinalysis and he test positive will you still back him ???

Oh brother, :rolleyes:

We don't need a state by state review of what a citation is, we are talking about Kansas here fella... a citation is a ticket. I cut him right now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sure I guess.. kind of felt like you called people out that don't think weed is a big deal and called them/us pot heads.

I'm sorry it only "kind of felt" that way. I'll work on being more precise with my words as to leave no doubt. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.