News: Joseph Randle ticketed for marijuana possession *Updated Post 101*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Proud of a close minded individual who labels everyone? Not at all.

One thing to remember...and I completely disagree with mrtxstar on this topic, but not everybody has the same background experiences in life. For some people, rigid close mindedness on the issue of substance use or abuse might be a safer mindset than it is for others of us. Now, maybe it's not wise to then also call others out for something one feels particularly close-minded about on an anonymous public forum. But, hey, if the guy is happy or needs to go through life without alcohol or recreational drugs for whatever reason, more power to him. It's pretty obvious from this thread that he's in a real minority in that regard.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
For some people, rigid close mindedness on the issue of substance use or abuse might be a safer mindset than it is for others of us.

Maybe. You'd expect this to be true of those who've had addiction problems in the past, for example. If mrtxstar is such a person, I suppose one can understand his obnoxious moralizing. Doesn't make it any less distasteful, unfortunately for him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Proud of a close minded individual who labels everyone? Not at all.

If the label fits, wear it. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't take and drugs what so ever legal or otherwise. I walk the walk and by god I will talk the talk. My so-called "closed mind" retired at 40 and my days belong to me now. I doubt you do better, few rarely do.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Never said perfect. But I know a lot more "stoners" that I work with that carry on a normal life and function just fine at work. Most people don't even know. Whereas with alcohol, I doubt they could carry the same lifestyle drinking all day every day.

that's why you keep it to the evenings.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe. You'd expect this to be true of those who've had addiction problems in the past, for example. If mrtxstar is such a person, I suppose one can understand his obnoxious moralizing. Doesn't make it any less distasteful, unfortunately for him.

I don't want to assume anything about anybody. But, hypothetically, if a somebody on the internet has or knows someone well who's struggled with addiction or substance abuse issues, I'd prefer the moralizing that I'm just going to ignore anyway to trying to convince them otherwise. Whatever works for everybody works for me.

And if I want to hypothetically blaze for perfectly legal and purely medical reasons while debating the finer details of Joseph Randle's role on our roster, well, I'll do that and be pretty happy about it. It won't phase me a bit if others aren't thrilled with it. As long as I'm keeping my glaucoma and chronic joint pain in check, I'm happy.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If the label fits, wear it. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't take and drugs what so ever legal or otherwise. I walk the walk and by god I will talk the talk. My so-called "closed mind" retired at 40 and my days belong to me now. I doubt you do better, few rarely do.

You my friend are completely full of yourself. Having too big of an ego to see your comments are clearly offending people and not slow it down... well that's just pathetic. Have a good day.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
One thing to remember...and I completely disagree with mrtxstar on this topic, but not everybody has the same background experiences in life. For some people, rigid close mindedness on the issue of substance use or abuse might be a safer mindset than it is for others of us. Now, maybe it's not wise to then also call others out for something one feels particularly close-minded about on an anonymous public forum. But, hey, if the guy is happy or needs to go through life without alcohol or recreational drugs for whatever reason, more power to him. It's pretty obvious from this thread that he's in a real minority in that regard.

Seems more to me like he is related to law enforcement and has a career interest but that is just guessing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You my friend are completely full of yourself. Having too big of an ego to see your comments are clearly offending people and not slow it down... well that's just pathetic. Have a good day.

I fail to understand why the weed smoking sympathizers insist on making this thread an attack on me. All I have done is express an honest opinion. I live a clean life and I have a certain viewpoint. If you prefer to pollute your mind with weed and thumb your nose at law abiding society, that's your issue, not mine. Those bad decisions tend to come back at you without my input.

But we are asked to comment about Randle. I think he does not belong in the NFL.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Seems more to me like he is related to law enforcement and has a career interest but that is just guessing.

That's a first. I've never been accused of being related to law enforcement. I'm just a law abiding citizen that cares about the world around me. I vote so if you don't like my point of view you better vote too to cancel mine out.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Pot from a Fathers opinion:

I used a lot when I was younger and could have gone to much worse since imo smoking pot is a very capable gateway activity to worse drugs/alcohol. Not only because of an addictive personality but pot can socially connect highly addictive/dependent “friends” into a circle which can easily lead to pushing something stronger for bigger kicks than a “harmless” joint.

I currently live in Colorado and see/hear the positives/negatives on it all the time and I’m against legalizing it myself. First don’t be fooled by the lie that legalizing it keeps the drug cartels out. Legalizing it actually enhances the cartels to focus on selling meth, coke, and heroin and opens up a larger secondary market for cheaper “illegally grown” pot. Lastly the legally grown is much stronger with significantly higher levels of THC than the old days.

Spare me the “it’s not as bad as alcohol” argument because I will agree with you. Yes there is a minor age limit to pot however last I read, a child is much more apt (accidently or not) to eat a fully laced brownie or gumdrop, than to chug a quart of tequila. It’s proven that pot has much more of an adverse effect on the “growing” brain, than the mature brain so if you’re a parent and partaking and letting your children partake, then you might as well list yourself as a child abusive parent.

My opinion on pot is formed from my experience with it and without it. My present lifestyle objective is safely/successfully raising 2 teenagers in a highly pressured school/world and I’m no advocate of anything like pot or alcohol which thrives and threatens our children. I have talked to many school counselors who can pin down a pot user a mile away. Uninhibited, uninterested, unresponsive with school and life in general. Easily withdrawn and mostly have no future ambition past the next hour or day. I know everyone has a genius friend who smokes and that's great but also extraordinary.

Now if you’re an adult and you have the maturity to know when, where and how to deal with it, help yourself but don’t tell me it’s harmless to everyone. IMO it also boils down to how responsible you are and what lifestyle you want to lead. Whatever your lifestyle is, you should be accountable for your actions with pot or alcohol or pay the price.

Interesting takes but your take on the cartels doesn't make sense.

Pot is one of the few things actually made in Northern Mexico where the cartels in question operate. Coca and poppy come from the andes. The Sinaloa or Juarez cartels can try and 'focus' all they want but they do not handle the production of those things outside of maybe meth but that manufacturing is diverse. The pot market is the lion's share of Mexican production. Smuggling is not as lucrative as owning the whole cow from start to finish.

To act like losing the marijuana trade wouldn't hurt northern mexican cartels is just silly.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That's a first. I've never been accused of being related to law enforcement. I'm just a law abiding citizen that cares about the world around me. I vote so if you don't like my point of view you better vote too to cancel mine out.

Accused? Cops are what they are.

Your sancitmony is adorable though. I don't understand why you get irritated when i say you are polluting yourself. . . .

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Our society is deciding right now how to deal with marijuana. If it is made legal in all jurisdictions and not just a few, will that change your mind on the subject? If enough people vote to make it legal, you wouldn't have the right to judge, correct?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Accused? Cops are what they are.

Your sancitmony is adorable though. I don't understand why you get irritated when i say you are polluting yourself. . . .

I'm sure you meant to say sanctimony but whatever. Again, this thread isn't about me. Lets stay on track here, Fuzzy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm sure you meant to say sanctimony but whatever. Again, this thread isn't about me. Lets stay on track here, Fuzzy.

When you make backhanded remarks about how you don't pollute yourself the implication is obvious. Keep trying to get a rise out of people and acting coy. Maybe it will even work.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Our society is deciding right now how to deal with marijuana. If it is made legal in all jurisdictions and not just a few, will that change your mind on the subject? If enough people vote to make it legal, you wouldn't have the right to judge, correct?

Make another thread where this is the appropriate topic and I'll be glad to discuss it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Make another thread where this is the appropriate topic and I'll be glad to discuss it.

You are making comments about being lawful. The legal question the issue is under is appropriate rejoinder else your comment is not appropriate. You aren't a mod anyway so I would ask you to stop telling us what we can or cannot talk about.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know lots of law abiding marijuana users who also care about the world around them. It's nice that you guys have that in common, huh?

I didn't get the law-enforcement vibe from you at all, fwiw. I just got 'dude who doesn't like drugs very much. '

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When you make backhanded remarks about how you don't pollute yourself the implication is obvious. Keep trying to get a rise out of people and acting coy. Maybe it will even work.

If you feel slighted when you hear me talking about my clean living, it is only your own conscience speaking out. You should listen to that inner voice rather than lashing out at me. Now hows bout me stick to the topic at hand rather than worrying about our personal virtues or sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.