Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

phildadon86

Reaction score
His rookie season isn't still his best season.

He's a legit threat to win the MVP and lead his team to the Super Bowl. He's already shown he can get past the divisional round at least. Young guy that has lethal arms and legs. He's a top legit 6 QB.
No. But hes only really had one great season. Kinda like Dak. So what are you talking about? His rookie year was meh, his second year was good and his third year was GREAT!. So hes had one great season. Just like Dak. So I am just wondering why it wasnt ok to pay our guy who in your opinion had one great year, but its well deserved when Allen gets paid for one great year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Allen is getting 43M a year. Dak is not higher than that
regardless the 4year short deal dak tool IMO is worse no trade clause a and no FT clause..he can come back and get 50 in 2024 and the FO has no power other then to let him go while Mahomes took 10 Allen took 6 , just saying i believe dak still wins in that scenario?

blueblood70

Reaction score
126M guaranteed
i get it peanut galary 6 zoners already beat you to it i had 160 stuck in my mind for some reason it was the total deal..

regardless the 4year short deal dak tool IMO is worse no trade clause a and no FT clause..he can come back and get 50 in 2024 and the FO has no power other then to let him go while Mahomes took 10 Allen took 6 , just saying i believe dak still wins in that scenario?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No. But hes only really had one great season. Kinda like Dak. So what are you talking about?
Dak's one "great" season was good for a rookie QB. Dak is 5 years in and still hasn't had a better season.

Allen's one "great" season was good enough to finish 2nd in MVP votes. Allen is 3 years in now playing at an MVP level while Dak is still chasing the ghost of his rookie season 5 years in.

There's a clear difference. See past the star on the helmet, friend.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak's one "great" season was good for a rookie QB. Dak is 5 years in and still hasn't had a better season.

Allen's one "great" season was good enough to finish 2nd in MVP votes. Allen is 3 years in now playing at an MVP level while Dak is still chasing the ghost of his rookie season.

Prior to his injury last season Dak was on pace to shatter pretty much every passing record ever. Also. Allen has a defense. That helps to win games ive been told

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Prior to his injury last season Dak was on pace to shatter pretty much every passing record ever. Also. Allen has a defense. That helps to win games ive been told
You just can't do it can ya? You can't see past that Star.

Dak isn't going to see this, ya know? He's not going to get mad at you for looking at things objectively. In fact, he doesn't even know you exist.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Allen's one "great" season was good enough to finish 2nd in MVP votes. Allen is 3 years in now playing at an MVP level while Dak is still chasing the ghost of his rookie season 5 years in.

this is super false, 2018 and 2019 were better statistical years for Dak than his rookie year

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you use selective bias for guys that you like. Allen has had 1 good year the rest meh, and you’re harping his praises lol
Meanwhile, Dak is going into year 6 year trying to finally do better than his rookie season while Allen finished 2nd in MVP votes last year in his 3rd season and is only getting better. That's what a QB is supposed to do. Get better, not chase the ghost of their rookie year.

Star Blind, I tell ya.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott's salary will not be top 5 to start the season.

40M isn't even going to be the starting point for a QB1 and will continue to climb at a higher rate than the cap.

Mahomes will not be the highest paid for long as it is not a comparative situation across the league but dependent on what each team has to pay their QB to keep him. There are fewer tier 1 QB's than there are jobs and we've going to see the trickle down effect on tier 2's as well.

We still haven't seen what GB is going to do for Rodgers. And do we think we've heard the last form Russell Wilson?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

wow, ok, so Dak is now 3rd highest player.....given everyone said he is 2nd highest player and I expect X, now he is 3rd (and soon to be 6th, 7th and 10th) so I guess expectations are just a smidgen less? I mean he is now 3rd highest paid not 2nd highest paid.

I am sure I will get a response, that my expectations don't change, its still superbowl and/or MVP and he is making 160M, which is a lot so we should have high expectation....