Twitter: Josh Brent joins Cowboys Scouting Department

gambit187

Reaction score
i'm a commercial property manager...I check somewhat frequently for facility management openings for cowboys stadium.

Huh who you telling...I turned down an interview to be a Senior Buyer when the Commanders put up their new stadium.....I would jump at the chance to moves to Texas and work for the Cowboys organization as a Buyer or Subcontract Administrator.....

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Huh who you telling...I turned down an interview to be a Senior Buyer when the Commanders put up their new stadium.....I would jump at the chance to moves to Texas and work for the Cowboys organization as a Buyer or Subcontract Administrator.....

they have a couple positions open now that would might work for you here.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'd love to work for a boss like Jerrah.

I just want to eat dinner with him. I heard he always order Caymus Cabernet. Good stuff, but at $80 a bottle at a shop (and much more in a restaurant) I'm not keen on buying too much of it.

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't like Jerry as a GM, but as the owner of the cowboys, he's fantastic and he looks out for his players.

Gameover

Reaction score
He won't go away...

I wonder what is JJ fascination with him?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Former Cowboys DT Josh Brent back with club in scouting role

6_3883209.png
(

"He's worked very hard to find some normalcy in his life," Garrett said. "I admire him in many ways."

Jason we all work hard to find normalcy in our lifes. Can we join the scouting dept? I am sure you would admire us in many ways.

Aven8

Reaction score
My bet, outside of Jerry being a great guy, is it's probably pretty tough to get a decent paying job out there with a criminal record.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody is assuming that Brent is doing scouting work. It doesn't say that. He's working in the scouting department. Who knows in what capacity? I'm just glad they're helping him out. I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There are worse things than having the owner of the Dallas Cowboys date your Mother.

Hollywood Henderson dated my mother several years ago. Decade and some change, I believe.
In Austin. I was blown away! She didn't even know who he was...
lol, of course.

God, I love her!

It was pretty cool. I never got to meet him in person as I was living in Los Angeles at the time and couldn't find a break in my schedule to go down there, but I talked to him on the phone twice.
He was always nice to me. They dated for a couple of months.

I know she would tell me that he would take her to this place... umm... Spiro's.
And she would tell me the place would straight up roll out the red carpet for them.
Her voice betrayed how much fun she had when they would go out.
I never pictured my mother dating a black man (she never raised me to be racist, and I am absolutely not, but I never saw her have any interest, or attraction to black men, before), but she was happy and that made me happy.
I knew, once I left Austin, she was very lonely and it was kind of mind-blowing that the first guy she dated after I moved was a legendary Dallas Cowboy!
I didn't even know he lived in Austin.

It was alright for awhile, I guess. She never complained about him for anything heinous, but I guess it was the same old story: It didn't work out.

They broke up one day before he won the lottery.
Her and I both laughed heartily at the irony of it all.

God, I miss her!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think what's more important here is is he qualified to work in the scouting department. Hopefully, his job is something menial rather than something that hurts the team if he doesn't know what he's doing.

He will be scouting JV and Freshman HS games North Dakota

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'll bet he's good at assessing DTs and he can learn the rest.

Don't know if he is. He wasn't really all that good at playing it. I'm sure his job will be somewhat akin to the apprentice coaches. He'll mostly be learning with a few responsibilities until he proves worthy of more. Maybe he'll time linemen in the 40, weight them, etc. I don't think his job will have much at all to do with assessment, at least not at first.