Twitter: Josh Brent joins Cowboys Scouting Department

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What? I am glad somebody who deserves to work in the scouting department is gonna have to be looked over for this guy who needs to be given a job because Jerry feels sorry for his mom and the mom of the guy he killed.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
What? I am glad somebody who deserves to work in the scouting department is gonna have to be looked over for this guy who needs to be given a job because Jerry feels sorry for his mom and the mom of the guy he killed.

ever heard of "creating a position"

If 0 jobs existed and 0 jobs were listed then 0 people who deserved the job were going to get the job.

The Natural

Reaction score

I'm sure if they wanted to hire someone else who 'deserves' to work in the scouting department it wont be a problem to add them.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I respect your brutal honesty.

Nothing like using the scouting department as a Just Because card.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess they do not do drug tests in the scouting department ....... so that is one point in his favor.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who said was getting the job over anyone? This sounded like the Cowboys were adding to the staff that's all.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
jwitten82 said:
One day us zoners are gonna stand up to you crooked mods....

Lol jk

Obviously none of you are punks but I don't know how to edit that out.

I feel humbled by the threat. Yet . . . just being recognized by you, prince of we grenediers, is good enough for me.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score

They fired McClay for him, actually.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Don't know if he is. He wasn't really all that good at playing it. I'm sure his job will be somewhat akin to the apprentice coaches. He'll mostly be learning with a few responsibilities until he proves worthy of more. Maybe he'll time linemen in the 40, weight them, etc. I don't think his job will have much at all to do with assessment, at least not at first.

Not sure what he really knows. After HS, college and time in the pros he should know a good bit about playing DL esp DT. JMO.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Not sure what he really knows. After HS, college and time in the pros he should know a good bit about playing DL esp DT. JMO.

Deion played CB in HS, college, and the pros

I would want him nowhere near draft board evaluating CBs.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

I seriously doubt he will be anywhere near a draft board. He is to assess talent and assign grades in whatever system Dallas uses to do that. He may have to answer can he play in the NFL and where should he be drafted. He should be able to do the former.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some have it, some don't. I'm not sure what kind of talent evaluator Deion is or Brent. I'm just usually against these kinds of jobs for an ex-player because it looks like he got the gig simply because of his ties to the team and not because of the potential he might have in that role.