Twitter: Josh Brent tased and arrested

Beaker42

Reaction score
And the first step should be Jones kicking him off the payroll. He has enabled this imbecile.
Too late for an intervention. If the horror of killing your friend wasn’t enough of an intervention then he’s been done for a long time.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
When you have a sickness...weakness like he does with Alcohol, it controls YOU...not the other way round.
I was a full blown alcoholic at 17. I know full well what it's like to wake up with the shakes and the only thing to help is more alcohol. I've also dealt with other addictions. It always comes to the point where you have a choice to make and you either do it or not. Get help or don't.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
If our government allows alcohol to be purchased and consumed in public (and Taxed) then I can't see how we make the results of this legal consumption to be illegal.
Assault, disorderly conduct, ect is and should be illegal. You are assuming being intoxicated in public should be the crime and not the persons actions that may partially result from being intoxicated.
If I am sitting on a park bench happy and drunk then who am I hurting? For something to be a crime then there should be a victim of the crime. Who is the victim? Me? Well i am not pressing charges.

btw. My friend and neighbor is a police officer. He has never arrested someone for public intoxication who wasnt being an A hole and acting like a complete idiot.
So should it really be a crime if its something even the police look away from? Its just a crime they pile on when you are being an out of control ******.
You know a cop that doesn't do his job. Congratulations. I know plenty that do.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Dude is high as a kite, took 4 cops and multiple taser strikes to bring him down.

That’s going to be multiple charges, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, making physical contact with a police officer, etc...

Dude going to be doing some time now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I was a full blown alcoholic at 17. I know full well what it's like to wake up with the shakes and the only thing to help is more alcohol. I've also dealt with other addictions. It always comes to the point where you have a choice to make and you either do it or not. Get help or don't.
WELL SAID. My late father was the same way...until he made a decision late in life to kick the habit. He did it on his own, no rehab. It can be done, but a person has to want it..like you and my Father did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oxy AND BOOZE are the 2 drugs that in my opinion, are the hardest for people to kick. Narcotics and booze ruin all ilks of people...rich and poor. Its a matter of how long do you want to live to maximize your life on Earth. That's what it boils down to.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No you don’t. Discretion is a part of a policeman’s job. You sound like a dullard.
discretion within reason. The cops have a tough enough job...they tried to get him to listen...he refused and resisted. He got what he had comin to him. Its sad, but laws are not suggestions. NEXT

408Cowboy

Reaction score
No you don’t. Discretion is a part of a policeman’s job. You sound like a dullard.
No I don't what? Know plenty of cops that do their job and arrest people for public intoxication? Yeah I guess all the time I spent as a bouncer at a bar watching cops arrest people that couldn't walk straight as they got to their car means nothing. You know to them it was better than letting them drive a block and getting a more severe charge along with impounding the car. These officers knew sometimes it's just better to let them sleep it off in the drunk tank.

Tell me everytime your friend fails to arrest someone for public intoxication does he know their not on their way to a vehicle? Someone's house they have a grudge against? How many other crimes do you think could be prevented if your buddy did his job? Yet you sit here and talk about compassion.

Edit: How many victims of DV suffer at the hands of an intoxicated partner or ex? Again your buddy cop is most likely complicit in other crimes being committed because he is failing in his job.

Last edited:

ShortRound

Reaction score
I don't think most were arrested...

Brent pleaded guilty to a charge of driving under the influence on June 2, 2009, as a result of an incident from the previous February.

He was sentenced to two years' probation and 60 days in jail. He was also fined an undisclosed amount and ordered to undergo 200 hours of community service.

Jerry Brown's mother also sued both Brent and the club who served them and was awarded $25 million.

Brent needs serious help. Article is from Oct. 2018.

===

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/j...lion-for-his-death-in-dwi-crash/287-623387337

A Dallas County jury on Thursday awarded the family of former Dallas Cowboys player Jerry Brown $25 million over his death in a DWI crash in 2012.

Brown's mother had sued Brown's teammate, Josh Brent – the driver in the crash that resulted in Brown's death – and the owners of the Beamer's nightclub, where Brent and Brown were coming back from when the crash happened.

The jury in the civil case found both Brent and Beamer's partially responsible in Brown's death.

The lawsuit alleged that Beamer's overserved Brent. Beamer's representatives could not immediately be reached for comment.

Brent, who later retired from professional football, was found guilty of intoxication manslaughter in the case in 2014 and sentenced to 180 days in jail and 10 years of probation.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry Brown's mother also sued both Brent and the club who served them and was awarded $25 million.

Brent needs serious help. Article is from Oct. 2018.

===

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/j...lion-for-his-death-in-dwi-crash/287-623387337

A Dallas County jury on Thursday awarded the family of former Dallas Cowboys player Jerry Brown $25 million over his death in a DWI crash in 2012.

Brown's mother had sued Brown's teammate, Josh Brent – the driver in the crash that resulted in Brown's death – and the owners of the Beamer's nightclub, where Brent and Brown were coming back from when the crash happened.

The jury in the civil case found both Brent and Beamer's partially responsible in Brown's death.

The lawsuit alleged that Beamer's overserved Brent. Beamer's representatives could not immediately be reached for comment.

Brent, who later retired from professional football, was found guilty of intoxication manslaughter in the case in 2014 and sentenced to 180 days in jail and 10 years of probation.
Now you know why she wanted Jerry to give him another chance. Or maybe she knew he didn't change his ways and it pissed her off? I'm leaning towards the latter.

cern

Reaction score
If our government allows alcohol to be purchased and consumed in public (and Taxed) then I can't see how we make the results of this legal consumption to be illegal.
Assault, disorderly conduct, ect is and should be illegal. You are assuming being intoxicated in public should be the crime and not the persons actions that may partially result from being intoxicated.
If I am sitting on a park bench happy and drunk then who am I hurting? For something to be a crime then there should be a victim of the crime. Who is the victim? Me? Well i am not pressing charges.

btw. My friend and neighbor is a police officer. He has never arrested someone for public intoxication who wasnt being an A hole and acting like a complete idiot.
So should it really be a crime if its something even the police look away from? Its just a crime they pile on when you are being an out of control ******.
Sometimes otherwise happy drunks get in cars and kill someone. Just like Brent did earlier to his best friend. That is why public intoxication is a crime. Because of what they might do. It's tantamount to saying DUI isn't a crime if a wreck hasn't happened yet.

cern

Reaction score
I can't speak for you but I went to a wedding this past weekend at the beach...awesome wedding.....but I watched about 75 successful, good people all become guilty of public intoxication. By the time Piano Man was played their wasnt a sober person left. Good times.
How did they get home? Safely, I hope.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If self harm is the crime then excessive consumption of bacon at the breakfast buffet should be looked at as well. Of course i am being a wise guy here. Any alcohol consumption at all, cigarettes, dip, snuff, could be pulled in to the definition as well.

I'd just like to see crimes be actual crimes and incidents of self harm be things that require treatment.
its not up to us. Laws are on the books. We cannot decide which ones are bad thus shouldn't be enforced or not. Life doesn't operate that way. We have power to change laws , not take things into our own hands when it serves ours purposes.