Twitter: Josh Brent tased and arrested

Rayman70

Reaction score
I drink beer..responsibly at HOME. I realize that anytime you are in public you are expected to follow a code of behavior...and NOT DRINKING in public is one of them. If he knew he was going to be in a public setting, he should have planned accordingly. HE DID NOT. That's on him. He is a grown *** man. Hope he learns from this and gets help. He will need a support group around him,likely for the rest of his life.

cern

Reaction score
On my ranch, during the hunting season, guests can drink whenever they want. But with the first drink, their firearms are put away for the rest of the day. It's not voluntary.

Rayman70

Reaction score
On my ranch, during the hunting season, guests can drink whenever they want. But with the first drink, their firearms are put away for the rest of the day. It's not voluntary.
makes good sense. Rules are a good thing generally speaking. They are not arbitrary. Kudos to you. People think rules and laws are a negative thing sometimes...but most of the time they are meant to keep everyone out of harms way. NOT PERFECT...but laws have good intentions.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if reports are true and no drugs and such were in his system...that's a game changer. Cops still did what was best. Means if he was mentally ill and not high, I am actually relieved they got him off the streets and at least can have him evaluated. Cops had no way to know what was wrong with him. Their job is literally to protect and serve. That's what they did. THANK GOD THEY DID THER JOB. He could be schizophrenic...something like that. who knows..

Rayman70

Reaction score
I stand corrected on Brent if he was clean and sober indeed. Mia copa. Now...lets get the guy some help and treatment.

superonyx

Reaction score
Sometimes otherwise happy drunks get in cars and kill someone. Just like Brent did earlier to his best friend. That is why public intoxication is a crime. Because of what they might do. It's tantamount to saying DUI isn't a crime if a wreck hasn't happened yet.
You guys live in a fantasy land. Have you ever been to an Eagles game?
65000 people and over half are intoxicated. The only ones to ever get arrested are the ones who decide to punch someone. The cops ride around on horses joking with the drunk fans. In fact I went to a phillies game a few days ago and the police visited us in the tailgating section. Most people were intoxicated.

superonyx

Reaction score
How did they get home? Safely, I hope.
Most were staying in the hotel where the wedding was held.
But the party didnt end when the wedding ended. We found a good bar that the party moved to.

People around here live in fantasty land. Go to any beach town and drive past the beach bars at night. Streams of drunk people walking down the road. They are not being arrested for public intoxication.

Anyone who thinks this is either clueless or just trying to make an internet argument.

superonyx

Reaction score
No I don't what? Know plenty of cops that do their job and arrest people for public intoxication? Yeah I guess all the time I spent as a bouncer at a bar watching cops arrest people that couldn't walk straight as they got to their car means nothing. You know to them it was better than letting them drive a block and getting a more severe charge along with impounding the car. These officers knew sometimes it's just better to let them sleep it off in the drunk tank.

Tell me everytime your friend fails to arrest someone for public intoxication does he know their not on their way to a vehicle? Someone's house they have a grudge against? How many other crimes do you think could be prevented if your buddy did his job? Yet you sit here and talk about compassion.

Edit: How many victims of DV suffer at the hands of an intoxicated partner or ex? Again your buddy cop is most likely complicit in other crimes being committed because he is failing in his job.
Here is a typical night in a beach town near me.

If what you said were true then i guess all of these people were arrested.
Rehoboth_01_lede.jpg

superonyx

Reaction score
discretion within reason. The cops have a tough enough job...they tried to get him to listen...he refused and resisted. He got what he had comin to him. Its sad, but laws are not suggestions. NEXT
Have you ever beaten a speeding ticket by talking your way out of it?

I once got drunker than I thought I would get and decided to sleep in my car near the club instead of drinking and driving home...I was awakened by 2 police officers knocking on my window at 4 am. I found out I could have been arrested for DUI since my keys were in the ignition...it was about 40 degrees and I needed the heat to stay warm. The cops did nothing. They understood and let me go back to sleep. So as much as people want to pretend laws are absolute they are not living in the real world.

I remember a high school party years ago where the beer was flowing. Tons of underage kids drinking. The police raided the house and arrested none of us that night. They could have. So again laws are not absolute and police can use discretion.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Here is a typical night in a beach town near me.

If what you said were true then i guess all of these people were arrested.
Rehoboth_01_lede.jpg
I doubt everyone there was beyond the legal limit. Now your assuming that just because someone is a patron at a bar means they would automatically be guilty of drinking in excess. I live in a college town that pic you provided is a light audience where I work.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, hell, cancel my reservation! I got to get my Yee Haw on and I need booze n bullets.

superonyx

Reaction score
I doubt everyone there was beyond the legal limit. Now your assuming that just because someone is a patron at a bar means they would automatically be guilty of drinking in excess. I live in a college town that pic you provided is a light audience where I work.
Revisit this place at 2am when they are closing the bar and half of the people will need assistance walking. Pull your head out of your butt and accept that these bars all over the country have drunk people stumbling out of them and most of the time police are assisting and directing traffic or providing support on the street. Why are all of these police not doing their jobs like your cop buddy does? Arent these cops complicit in crimes?

Stop it. You sound like a fool.

Hey look at these police ignoring the many cases of public intoxication. You said this didnt happen?
920x920.jpg

cern

Reaction score
Most were staying in the hotel where the wedding was held.
But the party didnt end when the wedding ended. We found a good bar that the party moved to.

People around here live in fantasty land. Go to any beach town and drive past the beach bars at night. Streams of drunk people walking down the road. They are not being arrested for public intoxication.

Anyone who thinks this is either clueless or just trying to make an internet argument.
As long as they're not in cars. I don't moralize. I prefer common sense.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Revisit this place at 2am when they are closing the bar and half of the people will need assistance walking. Pull your head out of your butt and accept that these bars all over the country have drunk people stumbling out of them and most of the time police are assisting and directing traffic or providing support on the street. Why are all of these police not doing their jobs like your cop buddy does? Arent these cops complicit in crimes?

Stop it. You sound like a fool.

Hey look at these police ignoring the many cases of public intoxication. You said this didnt happen?
920x920.jpg
I said it doesn't happen where I work. That was the example given. You made a claim your friend has never arrested someone for it. Broad day leaving a bar doesn't matter never is never. Do t try and change the story now.

superonyx

Reaction score
I said it doesn't happen where I work. That was the example given. You made a claim your friend has never arrested someone for it. Broad day leaving a bar doesn't matter never is never. Do t try and change the story now.
No story to change. Facts are facts. 19 years in the force and never once arrested someone for public intoxication alone. If the person is assaulting someone or committing vandalism or disorderly conduct then they get charged with that plus they will throw the public intoxication on as well. If the person is in their car then its DUI.
Josh Brent wouldnt have been charged either if he didnt resist or act like a fool when the police approached him.

You made the fool of yourself today.
Not your best day. Don't worry, tomorrow is a new day. Come stronger next time.