Twitter: Josh Ellis breaks down the Jason Garrett con job

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This thread will be too real for some of you but IMO this is the most accurate portrayal of Garrett that I have ever seen.

How much of that is Garrett and how much of it is Jerry?

Ideally, both would be replaced but we all know that's not going to happen.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I still can't believe Garrett had the nerve in All or Nothing to call out all the assistant coaches with his "If you aren't 100% with Jason Garrett you can get the *** out" stuff.

This from the biggest backstabber and self promoting snake this team has ever seen.

So glad an insider like Ellis called him out. Jake actually read his twitter string on the Ticket this morning, too... Get the word out even more.

Plankton

Reaction score
How much of that is Garrett and how much of it is Jerry?

Ideally, both would be replaced but we all know that's not going to happen.

There's an old axiom that states "your organization is perfectly designed to deliver the results that you're getting."

Who sits at the head of the organization, and sets the tone for how it operates?

It's not Jason Garrett. It's not Keith O'Quinn. It's not Rod Marinelli.

They are symptoms.

I'll say it 1000 times, and I'll say it again. The Joneses are the disease. Their methods of operation are in direct conflict with building a football operation that can sustain success.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Take what the defense gives then outsmart ourselves and do the opposite. The way of Garrett.

Reactions: BAT

Creeper

Reaction score
All of this has been obvious for years. Garrett is a terrible game manager. That alone would get a HC fired, but not Garrett. How many times have we seen him mismanage game situations? But Garrett is not the only problem. Look at this defense. They have two top DEs, a top CB, good LBs and some other guys are are pretty good too. But they run the same defensive schemes all the time and rarely show something new to confuse the offense they face. The never get turnovers and when they must make a big stop on 3rd down, they look overmatched. I don't like to see people getting fired by there are a lot of coaches on this team that need to go.

But then again, who does Jerry hire? If he hires a head coach that the new HC says he want to bring in his own offensive coordinator, will Jerry allow him to end the Moore experiment? Will he allow the new HC to dump Columbo? or some other favored coach? In other words, will the new HC have the freedom to operate around Jerry? If the answer is no, the we,as fans, should not expect that firing Garrett is going to change a thing.

If the Cowboys head coaching job opens up, it should be a prime spot for a good coaching staff. Why? They have a lot of talent, an owner who is willing to spend money to keep that talent, and top notch facilities. But, its won't be because of Jerry. Everything else that would attract a top coach to the Cowboys is negated by an owner who wants a say in everything. I am afraid the Cowboys mess is going to continue for as long as Jerry is involved in this team.

The best we can hope for is that a new head coach will manage his time outs, the clock, challenges and 4th down decisions better than Garrett. Maybe that's enough but I don't think so.

BHendri5

Reaction score
This thread will be too real for some of you but IMO this is the most accurate portrayal of Garrett that I have ever seen.

Yeah we need a new coach. blah blah blah. That's true. But don't post lies!!!! Jerry hires all the coaches, Garrett has to work with all the coaches that he has no hand in hiring, you should know this!!

MikeB80

Reaction score
He is not wrong about most of what he said. The Romo comment is BS.

The things is Ellis when he worked for the cowboys never talked about garrett like this, he spent all his time blaming Romo for everything. Romo was the reason they lost to the giants in the playoffs, the reason they missed the playoffs in 08, he was the reason they were 8-8.

So he is full of Crap just like Garrett and Jerry are.

Zordon

Reaction score
He is not wrong about most of what he said. The Romo comment is BS.

The things is Ellis when he worked for the cowboys never talked about garrett like this, he spent all his time blaming Romo for everything. Romo was the reason they lost to the giants in the playoffs, the reason they missed the playoffs in 08, he was the reason they were 8-8.

So he is full of Crap just like Garrett and Jerry are.
In real-time, I took a lot of flack on this forum for saying that Garrett was chumming up with Romo was for political purposes, and that it would eventually lead to some friction in the locker room. Fast forward to 2016, the locker room had no qualms about passing the torch to Dak and Garrett discarded Romo like a piece of trash. Although, I believe Romo was the superior quarterback, I think one of his biggest flaws is what Josh mentioned, he simply did not have a close relationship with his teammates. Dak has him beat in that department. Dak's also done a better job of keeping some professional distance from Garrett.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’ve always said that about the game clock and it’s not hyperbole. If you play many :)100’s?) games of madden you learn how to manage the game clock.

I retired when I had my first son because my wife said so. But I still remember what JG never learned.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
How does this guy know any of the things he's suggesting? How does he know what Garrett advocated? IS there any coach in the league who if he took over last summer wouldn't have been begging Jerry to get the starting star RB back in the fold?

It's one thing to be unhappy with coaching, but so much of this stuff has just turned into stupid fake news.

MikeB80

Reaction score
In real-time, I took a lot of flack on this forum for saying that Garrett was chumming up with Romo was for political purposes, and that it would eventually lead to some friction in the locker room. Fast forward to 2016, the locker room had no qualms about passing the torch to Dak and Garrett discarded Romo like a piece of trash. Although, I believe Romo was the superior quarterback, I think one of his biggest flaws is what Josh mentioned, he simply did not have a close relationship with his teammates. Dak has him beat in that department. Dak's also done a better job of keeping some professional distance from Garrett.

Romo took all the hits for his teammates. He was the target every week. The team was close and Romo hung out with a number of the lineman and witten and then murray in the 14 season. The problems about romo and this perception came from the outside. He never said a bad word about a teammate. It still lingers today, the roster turned over and younger players were predominantly on the roster so it was natural that the quarterback mostly rehabbing his back and collar bone injuries would not have that close relationship. When romo was the third guy and then the backup he was loved. All the teammates couldn't say enough good things about him.

and then in 16 they all turned their back on him. I know of some stuff that I can't actually say but put it this way they turned their backs on romo on and off the field. Everyone bought the Dak is this leader Romo never was when essentially he walked into an incredible situation with a team ready made to win and he was the underdog, just like Romo.

Now four years later this leadership has not led to anything special and he needs to be paid a huge sum of money. Dak's time of being questioned is on its way. His underdog days are over.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
He does not help this team win. A talented team has been assembled, but other teams are talented too in a cap world. They have coaches that get them over the hump, this guy holds the team back.

Bellichek, Pederson, Carroll, Peyton, etc all win super bowls with either this team or prime Romo. We've wasted away talent by this con man

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why didn't Josh bring up his heated opinions to Garrett 1to1 when he worked at their media complex as a writer? All talk, afraid to show his real face when he was employed there. What a shock.

Because if you ruffle feathers at Jerry world, jerry finds a way to get rid of you. The Cowboys do not tolerate dissent from anyone on their payroll.