Twitter: Josh Ellis breaks down the Jason Garrett con job

links18

Reaction score
Don't like the idea of Garrett as a "conman." That implies Jerry is his victim and lets him off the hook. Garrett is a symptom of a bigger problem. He may be hapless and clueless, but his boss has seemed to like it that way for the last decade.

rags747

Reaction score
Why didn't Josh bring up his heated opinions to Garrett 1to1 when he worked at their media complex as a writer? All talk, afraid to show his real face when he was employed there. What a shock.
Exactly, Who the Freak is Josh Ellis? Is she someone that we should be enamored with? What exactly have they accomplished in life?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Romo took all the hits for his teammates. He was the target every week. The team was close and Romo hung out with a number of the lineman and witten and then murray in the 14 season. The problems about romo and this perception came from the outside. He never said a bad word about a teammate. It still lingers today, the roster turned over and younger players were predominantly on the roster so it was natural that the quarterback mostly rehabbing his back and collar bone injuries would not have that close relationship. When romo was the third guy and then the backup he was loved. All the teammates couldn't say enough good things about him.

and then in 16 they all turned their back on him. I know of some stuff that I can't actually say but put it this way they turned their backs on romo on and off the field. Everyone bought the Dak is this leader Romo never was when essentially he walked into an incredible situation with a team ready made to win and he was the underdog, just like Romo.

Now four years later this leadership has not led to anything special and he needs to be paid a huge sum of money. Dak's time of being questioned is on its way. His underdog days are over.
Dont start with the (im going to bring something up but not name names) bs. Keep it to yourself next time

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why didn't Josh bring up his heated opinions to Garrett 1to1 when he worked at their media complex as a writer? All talk, afraid to show his real face when he was employed there. What a shock.
How do you know he didn't say this to garrets face?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
IDK why most wish for Garrett to be fired. After all, we're still in first place.
3i80f3.jpg

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Josh was probably fired for standing up to Jason "The Conman" Garrett in an interview .

Ellis must've been black balled from the looks of it .

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
How does this guy know any of the things he's suggesting? How does he know what Garrett advocated? IS there any coach in the league who if he took over last summer wouldn't have been begging Jerry to get the starting star RB back in the fold?

It's one thing to be unhappy with coaching, but so much of this stuff has just turned into stupid fake news.
He doesn’t. He’s a former team employee with an axe to grind.

Zordon

Reaction score
Romo took all the hits for his teammates. He was the target every week. The team was close and Romo hung out with a number of the lineman and witten and then murray in the 14 season. The problems about romo and this perception came from the outside. He never said a bad word about a teammate. It still lingers today, the roster turned over and younger players were predominantly on the roster so it was natural that the quarterback mostly rehabbing his back and collar bone injuries would not have that close relationship. When romo was the third guy and then the backup he was loved. All the teammates couldn't say enough good things about him.

and then in 16 they all turned their back on him. I know of some stuff that I can't actually say but put it this way they turned their backs on romo on and off the field. Everyone bought the Dak is this leader Romo never was when essentially he walked into an incredible situation with a team ready made to win and he was the underdog, just like Romo.

Now four years later this leadership has not led to anything special and he needs to be paid a huge sum of money. Dak's time of being questioned is on its way. His underdog days are over.

Never said he was a malcontent, just an aloof person. At the time Timmy Mac would tell me about this in emails. Now, I think every beat writer has opined about Romo's issues connecting with teammates. I remember when he hosted that party at his house in '16, some players said it was the first time at his house. Felt like a slight flex on Dak by inviting the team to his mansion.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread will be too real for some of you but IMO this is the most accurate portrayal of Garrett that I have ever seen.

Is this guy's goal to prove that he is even more incompetent than Garrett.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Never said he was a malcontent, just an aloof person. At the time Timmy Mac would tell me about this in emails. Now, I think every beat writer has opined about Romo's issues connecting with teammates. I remember when he hosted that party at his house in '16, some players said it was the first time at his house. Felt like a slight flex on Dak by inviting the team to his mansion.

see what you did just there. You just accused romo of being aloof and then said he was flexing on Dak for inviting everyone to his house.....it was the christmas after party by the way.

Pretty sure it wasn't about flexing at all seeing he had already given his speech. Seems more like something a good teammate does.

I one million percent bet if Dak had thrown a party at his house it would have been called "Team Building" or "Being a Leader" or "Player Bonding"

when Romo did it because of guys like you and your gullibility he is called Aloof and flexing on teammates.

Consider yourself sucked.