Twitter: Josh Ellis breaks down the Jason Garrett con job

Zordon

Reaction score
see what you did just there. You just accused romo of being aloof and then said he was flexing on Dak for inviting everyone to his house.....it was the christmas after party by the way.

Pretty sure it wasn't about flexing at all seeing he had already given his speech. Seems more like something a good teammate does.

I one million percent bet if Dak had thrown a party at his house it would have been called "Team Building" or "Being a Leader" or "Player Bonding"

when Romo did it because of guys like you and your gullibility he is called Aloof and flexing on teammates.

Consider yourself sucked.
You can't see straight b/c you're too emotionally invested in Tony Romo. For some of you he was not only the perfect quarterback on the field but the perfect teammate off of it. Yet nobody had his back when it came to getting his job back. Even Witten refused to opine on the topic. Several reporters who follow this team for a living and are in that locker room everyday have said that Romo's problem was his aloof nature. Even straight shooters like Todd Archer & David Moore have said it. Are they all making it up?

Also, the party at his house occurred during the bye week in October, a month before his speech.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
How much of that is Garrett and how much of it is Jerry?

Ideally, both would be replaced but we all know that's not going to happen.
ALL Jerry.......the "Ultimate Decisions" are "Ultimately" his.

He's nothing more than a common thief........and a two faced liar.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Don't like the idea of Garrett as a "conman." That implies Jerry is his victim and lets him off the hook. Garrett is a symptom of a bigger problem. He may be hapless and clueless, but his boss has seemed to like it that way for the last decade.
:hammer:

MikeB80

Reaction score
You can't see straight b/c you're too emotionally invested in Tony Romo. For some of you he was not only the perfect quarterback on the field but the perfect teammate off of it. Yet nobody had his back when it came to getting his job back. Even Witten refused to opine on the topic. Several reporters who follow this team for a living and are in that locker room everyday have said that Romo's problem was his aloof nature. Even straight shooters like Todd Archer & David Moore have said it. Are they all making it up?

Also, the party at his house occurred during the bye week in October, a month before his speech.

They had the after christmas party at his house, I remember the players posting on instagram specifically leary talking about his basketball court inside. I also remember dak and zeke didn't go and there ended up being pictures of the two of them at a bar shooting champagne all around some women on the monday night the week of the giants game in ny in december of 16. Dak played like utter garbage.

I believe the october party was a Bar BQ romo threw for the team and most didnt show up.

I can see straight just fine and always did. Romo was a target from day one and most wanted to see him fail, especially media members here locally.

Calvin Watkins, Clarence hill, Bill Jones, Steve Dennis, Gina Miller, Dale Hansen, The Ticket, all of espn etc.....all hated him and used him for attention.

Gina Miller called him a ****** after he held his postgame PC after the bengals pre season game in 2013, he was on his way to the team dinner and didnt want to be late...but he is the ******.

Steve Dennis called him Tony Oh No for years, Bill Jones was and still is nothing but Snarky or sarcastic when talking about him. I could go on and on. You see what you want to see or hear.

The ticket did nothing but goof on him. I remember them going crazy because he went on stage with steel panther and sang Dont Stop Believing in the summer during their time off...>Think about that.

Romo started out as a fun loving great guy. he did great interviews had nothing but fun on the field and was always smiling, always positive. Then they tore him down because that is what gets done to people like him here. After the playoff loss to the giants he became a robot because he was blamed for everything and the locals hung on his every movement in order to go after him. He showed up to a pro am golf event where 10 other fb's were and he was the one under fire. I remember the year Ben R was in legal trouble for raping someone and he was at one of those golf events and no one said nothing but romo got crap because he didn't win it.

I remember the 08 game at pittsburgh, the steelers media went to Big Ben and asked about who Romo was dating and he was like well if you dont want attention dont date girls like Jessica Simpson......He Raped a college student and got less grief.

I could do this all night. You bought into a false narrative that he is "Aloof". The reality was he was carrying the weight of every loss for everyone and learned to shield himself and not allow himself to open up and be his natural self because it brought unwanted distractions.

In his early years he was the way he is on air today on cbs in interviews and on the field. I remember seeing him running around like a little kid interacting with everyone at Training Camp in 2007 and everyone loved it and him.

If everyone on the radio is bagging on him and the national media decides to make him a villain it affects how people perceive him. It's what happened to Romo here.

CapnB

Reaction score
And regardless, Josh is a tool.

My thoughts exactly. Broaddus let his feelings be known while he worked there. Shot straight the entire time. Little Josh waited until he left to act like a bad arse. A tiny punk is all he is.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
They had the after christmas party at his house, I remember the players posting on instagram specifically leary talking about his basketball court inside. I also remember dak and zeke didn't go and there ended up being pictures of the two of them at a bar shooting champagne all around some women on the monday night the week of the giants game in ny in december of 16. Dak played like utter garbage.

I believe the october party was a Bar BQ romo threw for the team and most didnt show up.

I can see straight just fine and always did. Romo was a target from day one and most wanted to see him fail, especially media members here locally.

Calvin Watkins, Clarence hill, Bill Jones, Steve Dennis, Gina Miller, Dale Hansen, The Ticket, all of espn etc.....all hated him and used him for attention.

Gina Miller called him a ****** after he held his postgame PC after the bengals pre season game in 2013, he was on his way to the team dinner and didnt want to be late...but he is the ******.

Steve Dennis called him Tony Oh No for years, Bill Jones was and still is nothing but Snarky or sarcastic when talking about him. I could go on and on. You see what you want to see or hear.

The ticket did nothing but goof on him. I remember them going crazy because he went on stage with steel panther and sang Dont Stop Believing in the summer during their time off...>Think about that.

Romo started out as a fun loving great guy. he did great interviews had nothing but fun on the field and was always smiling, always positive. Then they tore him down because that is what gets done to people like him here. After the playoff loss to the giants he became a robot because he was blamed for everything and the locals hung on his every movement in order to go after him. He showed up to a pro am golf event where 10 other fb's were and he was the one under fire. I remember the year Ben R was in legal trouble for raping someone and he was at one of those golf events and no one said nothing but romo got crap because he didn't win it.

I remember the 08 game at pittsburgh, the steelers media went to Big Ben and asked about who Romo was dating and he was like well if you dont want attention dont date girls like Jessica Simpson......He Raped a college student and got less grief.

I could do this all night. You bought into a false narrative that he is "Aloof". The reality was he was carrying the weight of every loss for everyone and learned to shield himself and not allow himself to open up and be his natural self because it brought unwanted distractions.

In his early years he was the way he is on air today on cbs in interviews and on the field. I remember seeing him running around like a little kid interacting with everyone at Training Camp in 2007 and everyone loved it and him.

If everyone on the radio is bagging on him and the national media decides to make him a villain it affects how people perceive him. It's what happened to Romo here.

I’ll always be in Romos corner

MikeB80

Reaction score
I’ll always be in Romos corner

Yep.

as an example of what they did to Romo his whole career look at how Cousins is framed. Go to pro football talk right now and the headline is Seahawks win 5 straight and cousins is 0-8 on monday night. Now the average fan sees the headline and then starts with the sarcasm and nonsense directed at Cousins.

But Cousins didn't lose tonight the vikings did. Notice how the Seahawks TEAM is credited with a win and Cousins is credited with the loss. This is the dumb era Romo had to play in and be the guinea pig for all this nonsense.

Cousins played most of his career in one of the worst organization in sports, the Commanders. Nobody wins in washington.

and as far as tonights game goes, Cook fumbles and changes the game and then gets hurt. The defense gives up big plays on the road and Diggs doesnt catch a ball right in his hands that ends up an int. Yet, PFT calls out cousins for being 0-8. Its a stat that means nothing and not a single person should pay attention to it, yet the twitter world and the average nfl fan which is mostly just followers of whatever trend is going on or whoever they just heard speak on tv will repeat this useless stat over and over as a reflection on Cousins.

This is Romo's career in a nutshell. Romo throws what should be the game clinching TD pass vs the giants in 2011 and austin loses it in the lights, they punt...mannings guys catch the balls on the other end the Giants win. After the game Chris Collinsworth and Peter King say Romo can't make those plays and Eli Manning can. That is what he got as far as coverage.

anyway. It's late I am done talking about Romo going forward here.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Romo took all the hits for his teammates. He was the target every week. The team was close and Romo hung out with a number of the lineman and witten and then murray in the 14 season. The problems about romo and this perception came from the outside. He never said a bad word about a teammate. It still lingers today, the roster turned over and younger players were predominantly on the roster so it was natural that the quarterback mostly rehabbing his back and collar bone injuries would not have that close relationship. When romo was the third guy and then the backup he was loved. All the teammates couldn't say enough good things about him.

and then in 16 they all turned their back on him. I know of some stuff that I can't actually say but put it this way they turned their backs on romo on and off the field. Everyone bought the Dak is this leader Romo never was when essentially he walked into an incredible situation with a team ready made to win and he was the underdog, just like Romo.

Now four years later this leadership has not led to anything special and he needs to be paid a huge sum of money. Dak's time of being questioned is on its way. His underdog days are over.

I do think the team turned their back on Tony. It's clear he wasn't well liked going back to 2009 and beyond:

Crayton
Ogletree
Owens
Choice
Bennett

Seems the players not seeing their own ascension blamed the QB. Him buddying with Witten, Murray and Garrett I think created a resentment in the locker room. Strange era in Cowboys history.

Where a better, more accountable HC would have possibly made a difference. Not Parcells however (he was trash here).

BP's exit probably threw the onus of leadership on Tony personally, because Wade was even more of a pushover for the FO and players than JG is today.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I do think the team turned their back on Tony. It's clear he wasn't well liked going back to 2009 and beyond:

Crayton
Ogletree
Owens
Choice
Bennett

Seems the players not seeing their own ascension blamed the QB. Him buddying with Witten, Murray and Garrett I think created a resentment in the locker room. Strange era in Cowboys history.

Where a better, more accountable HC would have possibly made a difference. Not Parcells however (he was trash here).

BP's exit probably threw the onus of leadership on Tony personally, because Wade was even more of a pushover for the FO and players than JG is today.

not liked in 2009? Hmm that is news to me. That offensive line group sure liked Romo. The whole starting group hung all the time with their wives and Romo/witten/carpenter/austin and a few more. The whole mantra of 09 was getting it all about team and football again and they did that by getting rid of owens/pacman/johnson etc.....and the team went through Romo and everyone loved the guy.

I sure remember Keith Brooking showing up here and constantly explaining to everyone how great Romo was behind the scenes and how smart he was. Seems him and Austin got along great in 09. Crayton always spoke highly of Romo also. I can't remember ogle tree saying anything negative but maybe he did I don't care honestly.

As far as owens, choice or bennett who cares especially choice.

If the younger guys from 15 and 16 didn't see him as a leader then fine, but this narrative has meant nothing for Dak who they billed and still do as the anti romo. His leadership can't finish off a comeback or rally the troops well enough to play good defense etc.

mmohican29

Reaction score

Definitely he was targeted by the media. The entirety of the football world could not wait to see him fail.

He never embraced the hate, he wasn't wired that way. A genuinely nice person. I was at a TB/Dallas Thursday night game and he had to sit next to Marshall Faulk and Deion Sanders after the W.

I wished he had the nerve to stand up for himself. He deserved better. Unfortunately he let the black cat vibe dominate his prime years, got soft in off season after starting his family, then broke down due to injury. It is what it is.

He deserved better, but should have tried harder to shed his unfortunate vibe. If he did, he might be in the HOF.

mmohican29

Reaction score
not liked in 2009? Hmm that is news to me. That offensive line group sure liked Romo. The whole starting group hung all the time with their wives and Romo/witten/carpenter/austin and a few more. The whole mantra of 09 was getting it all about team and football again and they did that by getting rid of owens/pacman/johnson etc.....and the team went through Romo and everyone loved the guy.

I sure remember Keith Brooking showing up here and constantly explaining to everyone how great Romo was behind the scenes and how smart he was. Seems him and Austin got along great in 09. Crayton always spoke highly of Romo also. I can't remember ogle tree saying anything negative but maybe he did I don't care honestly.

As far as owens, choice or bennett who cares especially choice.

If the younger guys from 15 and 16 didn't see him as a leader then fine, but this narrative has meant nothing for Dak who they billed and still do as the anti romo. His leadership can't finish off a comeback or rally the troops well enough to play good defense etc.

Brees had the career Romo should have had IMO.

He stopped caring so much in the off season and let his conditioning go. Ellis is right about that.

I wish him the best as a fan, and he has a great life, very blessed so I dont feel terribly for him. But there is some grand disappointment there as well in my reflection of him as a player.

birdwells1

Reaction score
People sleeping on the point about the lack of a coaching network because he was created in the lab and didn't develop authentic relationships around the league. That's how you end up promoting a dunce from the scouting department to run your special teams.

That's what happens when you're a qb coach for 1 year then comes to Dallas as the coach in waiting. Look at his resume vs Sean Payton's before getting a hc position by the way they are around the same age. He got a position that he didn't earn just like his gm.

visionary

Reaction score
Yeah we need a new coach. blah blah blah. That's true. But don't post lies!!!! Jerry hires all the coaches, Garrett has to work with all the coaches that he has no hand in hiring, you should know this!!

boo hoo
Poor spineless jellyfish Garrett
Bending over daily and raking in millions

visionary

Reaction score
Brees had the career Romo should have had IMO.

He stopped caring so much in the off season and let his conditioning go. Ellis is right about that.

I wish him the best as a fan, and he has a great life, very blessed so I dont feel terribly for him. But there is some grand disappointment there as well in my reflection of him as a player.

1 difference
A real HC
If BP is younger and stays, I have no doubt Romo wins a SB