Josh Rosen can throw guys open

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK watched him against the Saints. He seems to have an arm, but a whole lot of rookie still in him. I think he has a really good chance of being a pretty good QB.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I have nothing against Dak, but I am so tired of ignoring the elephant in the room with this subject. ROMO NEVER HAD THE BENEFIT OF PLAYING WITH ZEKE. He is a straight up game changer. More than half of the QB's in the league at the time could have taken the boys' to the playoffs with that weapon and the Oline. One time in his career, he had a halfway decent RB in Demarco, and Romo had his best year ever. That injury against Seattle in preseason cost him and the Cowboys a legitimate chance of going to and winning a SB. It was only compounded when he wasn't given the chance of getting his job back once he was healthy. JOKE

Same can be said of Dak not having the benefit of playing with an in prime Jason Witten (Romo's security blanket), Dez Bryant.

staubach24

Reaction score
Same can be said of Dak not having the benefit of playing with an in prime Jason Witten (Romo's security blanket), Dez Bryant.
Not even close to the same. Comparing a reciever and a tight end to an all-purpose running back who gives you complete balance(what every quarterback wants) on offense. A one-sided offense doesn't even begin to compare with a balanced one.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
Not even close to the same. Comparing a reciever and a tight end to an all-purpose running back who gives you complete balance(what every quarterback wants) on offense. A one-sided offense doesn't even begin to compare with a balanced one.

So Murray's 1,845 rushing yards in 2014 didn't give Romo a balanced offense?

staubach24

Reaction score
So Murray's 1,845 rushing yards in 2014 didn't give Romo a balanced offense?
Demarco was a great back (as I stated in my first quote), and if you remember that year, they lost to Green Bay in the divisional round. And the turning point of that game came when he fumbled when he had about 60 yards of open grass in front of him with the Cowboys up 4. He was not given a new contract in the off-season and left for Tennessee. Plus Demarco(as good as he was) ain't Zeke.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Isn't that also known as throwing to a spot...Aikman was great at that, the ball left his hand before the receiver ever made his break.
And it landed EXACTLY where it needed to. Dak could try to throw the ball before the receiver made his break, but it would be a crapshoot as to where it would land. Hence why Aikman is in the HOF and Dak will only ever be a visitor to it like the rest of us.

kskboys

Reaction score

Dak can never make this kind of throw. This is why I wanted to trade up for Rosen.

And the next tweeter thingie will read: "Dak can never get hurt as easily as Rosen did. That's why we were smart not to trade up for Rosen."

Flamma

Reaction score
So what is this? And this is with a defender coming straight into his face. I'll wait...

giphy.gif

That's actually an amazing throw that has interception written all over it unless it is perfect. I'm surprised he even throws it.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have nothing against Dak, but I am so tired of ignoring the elephant in the room with this subject. ROMO NEVER HAD THE BENEFIT OF PLAYING WITH ZEKE. He is a straight up game changer. More than half of the QB's in the league at the time could have taken the boys' to the playoffs with that weapon and the Oline. One time in his career, he had a halfway decent RB in Demarco, and Romo had his best year ever. That injury against Seattle in preseason cost him and the Cowboys a legitimate chance of going to and winning a SB. It was only compounded when he wasn't given the chance of getting his job back once he was healthy. JOKE

Don't pine over it. Cowboys would have had a hard time winning a SB with Romo or Dak. Our defense was simply not good enough. Look at Aaron Rodgers, been to one, won one, and that's in 10 years. QBs can only do so much, overall team talent means more than most people think.

AtlCPA

Reaction score

Dak can never make this kind of throw. This is why I wanted to trade up for Rosen.

You need to show more of the route to reach that conclusion. The receiver already looks open, and we don’t know if the receiver had to slow down to adjust to the ball.

staubach24

Reaction score
Don't pine over it. Cowboys would have had a hard time winning a SB with Romo or Dak. Our defense was simply not good enough. Look at Aaron Rodgers, been to one, won one, and that's in 10 years. QBs can only do so much, overall team talent means more than most people think.
Point taken, but my issue was Romo was the better option when he was healthy. You don't sit a healthy QB making 20 million in favor of a rookie, who didn't even have the whole playbook open to him yet. Those opportunities don't come around to often, you have to take advantage when they do. If you remember, Dak's play was starting to falter as the season progressed. He did a great job, given his situation, but Garrett should've made the move after we lost to the Giants the 2nd time, Daks worst outing of the season.

waving monkey

Reaction score
That's what I was going to say.

Seriously, those who don't believe in Dak have created this myth of how bad he is. And they just keep repeating inaccurate assessments and some complete lies. Very strange stuff.
I come to see the world this way the two opposing views. Politics,ice cream what have you.
Two types of brain wiring I guess you could say. It most diffidently leads to biases i see it in myself.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That Prescott can't make that throw? No it's not. He can't. He doesn't have the talent.
You don't have the talent......move on. Your crap is getting really old.. I'm ready for a good dust up!!!! Face to face, I WILL win!