Jourdan Lewis is getting abused

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see any way he will be back next season. Cowboys need to let him go whenever it's smart too.

He doesn't look like a CB4 and I'm not sure he can play S.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He played mop up duty vs the Giants last week and looked like what he is… a safety!
He played very well vs Tampa Bay in the playoffs last year. Staff thinks Lewis is better though.
Lewis sure does not show it on the field!

nobody

Reaction score
He was supposed to be our 4th corner, he had a major injury, and he plays the 2nd hardest position in football besides QB which is slot corner.
Good point. We can't have stars at every position and there are some more critical needs coming along that might overshadow replacing the slot CB. The O-line's age is showing. That being said, if a better option pops up and doesn't take up valuable draft real estate, upgrade away.

exciter

Reaction score
He played very well vs Tampa Bay in the playoffs last year. Staff thinks Lewis is better though.
Lewis sure does not show it on the field!
Lol, performing ok in a game where it was obvious he was being protected is a far cry from playing adequately long term. As per usual the coaches know best!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is the last year on his contract.
He had some ok plays, and also has had some bad plays, but they need to look to replace him via FA or the draft.

Bengals likes our cast offs. But they usually play decent there.

JBS

Reaction score
as soon as you can accept that you have no idea what you are watching

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They really don’t have much of a choice right now. Nobody else on the roster is any better. This is what sucks about DIGGS being out for the season.
^
This.

Ideally, Bland would be playing the slot with Diggs on the outside. After his season-ending injury, the Cowboys were forced to move Bland outside. And he’s excelled there.

I have complaints about Lewis’ play too, but I realize that the team really has few options.

Anyone who suggests ‘moving on’ should have a better option in mind.