Jourdan Lewis - not guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
you have to understand that if you proved him wrong his entire world view would be shattered.

The fact that just about everyone knows someone that has had a false charge of one kind or another leveled at them should be a hint to him that he is way wrong.

I myself know of three separate instances of false claims. Two of them were in the end stopped but it was bad for the guys involved. In one case a coworker had his wife claim DV abuse at his divorce trial and since it was California she was absolutely believed despite no evidence or corroboration. Her word was good enough for the judge to make my coworker pay horrendous child support and have no visitation rights at all. He only started to see his kids a few years ago they were in their twenties. His wife had so poisoned them that one of them asked why he was not in jail because of all the crimes he had committed (according to her). By the way this guy is one of the nicest people I have ever met. And one of the straightest. But she made him out to be a monster and kept at it even after the divorce.

The Owen Labrie story was pretty disgusting. He was found not guilty because they showed IM's with him and his accuser afterward that showed she hadn't been raped. But the DA had that to begin with and still went with it. In the end, they got him on 'seducing a minor thru a computer' (he was 3 years older than her). The judge still condemned Labrie asking him 'you really want us to believe that you didn't assault her?' despite the jury already finding him innocent. And the woman that prompted the bill for seducing a minor thu a computer was furious because that law was passed with the intent to actually get sexual predators...not a teenager having consensual sexual contact with another teenager.

Recent studies from some universities believe that if a woman is intoxicated and has sex, college students consider it to be 'rape' regardless of what happens because an intoxicated woman cannot legally consent in their minds.

Syracuse had a point guard that was accused of rape from a woman. This got the player suspended. When the local radio asked the DA about what was going on...the DA stated that it was not a case of 'he said/she said.' Instead, it was a case that the accuser claimed she was raped because she had a consensual one night stand with the point guard and he avoided her ever since then. Nothing happened to the accuser and the point guard was never arrested (as the DA mentioned), but he was later brought forth to a board of SU students and was suspended from the school for the entire year.

YR

diefree666

Reaction score
The Owen Labrie story was pretty disgusting. He was found not guilty because they showed IM's with him and his accuser afterward that showed she hadn't been raped. But the DA had that to begin with and still went with it. In the end, they got him on 'seducing a minor thru a computer' (he was 3 years older than her). The judge still condemned Labrie asking him 'you really want us to believe that you didn't assault her?' despite the jury already finding him innocent. And the woman that prompted the bill for seducing a minor thu a computer was furious because that law was passed with the intent to actually get sexual predators...not a teenager having consensual sexual contact with another teenager.

Recent studies from some universities believe that if a woman is intoxicated and has sex, college students consider it to be 'rape' regardless of what happens because an intoxicated woman cannot legally consent in their minds.

Syracuse had a point guard that was accused of rape from a woman. This got the player suspended. When the local radio asked the DA about what was going on...the DA stated that it was not a case of 'he said/she said.' Instead, it was a case that the accuser claimed she was raped because she had a consensual one night stand with the point guard and he avoided her ever since then. Nothing happened to the accuser and the point guard was never arrested (as the DA mentioned), but he was later brought forth to a board of SU students and was suspended from the school for the entire year.

YR
The whole consent thing has gotten so twisted. This BS that because you are drunk then anything sexual is rape is the worst part of it. Don't get me started about the kangaroo courts that universities have installed; clearly only meant to convict men so as to keep their federal funding.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Wait, you think rape is worse than murder???? Tell me you were joking. There's absolutely zero question that rape is a heinous, unforgiveable crime, but worse than murder? Just no. I don't think you're going to find a single person that says they would rather be murdered than raped. You can come back from rape and lead a very good, productive life. You pretty much can't say the same thing if you're dead.

#1 - I'm talking about violent, forcible rape and not Mattress Girl at Columbia decides her hookup was rape a couple of weeks later.

#2 - I do know women that were completely destroyed by it. I never asked the question but I know one that would likely tell you she would have made that decision.

#3 - I say that because there are plenty of valid, moral reasons for killing another human being. Self-defense, warfare, etc. There is absolutely no possible moral defense or justification for violent rape.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
#1 - I'm talking about violent, forcible rape and not Mattress Girl at Columbia decides her hookup was rape a couple of weeks later.

#2 - I do know women that were completely destroyed by it. I never asked the question but I know one that would likely tell you she would have made that decision.

#3 - I say that because there are plenty of valid, moral reasons for killing another human being. Self-defense, warfare, etc. There is absolutely no possible moral defense or justification for violent rape.
Great post, Kaiser. I'm with you 100% :star:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, you think rape is worse than murder???? Tell me you were joking. There's absolutely zero question that rape is a heinous, unforgiveable crime, but worse than murder? Just no. I don't think you're going to find a single person that says they would rather be murdered than raped. You can come back from rape and lead a very good, productive life. You pretty much can't say the same thing if you're dead.
Murder kills the body. Rape wounds the soul. Nothing is worse than a walking, wounded soul. It has a domino affect most people don't even realize. But I do get your point about the finality of murder. A rape survivor has a chance at a so-called normal life. Unfortunately, some of them don't achieve it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Football just isn't the same anymore. 50 years ago, the black community had an out of wedlock birth rate lower than whites. Then came the welfare state, & it's been all down hill ever since. Even though they constitute just under 70% of the NFL population, over 95% of all suspensions are to black players. Spare me the, "The system's rigged against them" crap. The NFL represents the country as a whole in that blacks just commit more crimes, & more football infractions, as a percentage of the population, than whites. It's because over 75% of them grow up with no father to pattern themselves after. My dad was a jerk, but he modeled hard work & accountability. These kids don't have that. Until the black culture changes & fathers are forced to be accountable for the children they help to create, we're just going to have to deal with so many of these problems in football, & the Cowboys are going to have to be a lot more selective about who they allow to wear the Star.

One point I would make on that is that it's not really about skin color per se. It's an American segment of the population issue. Black communities in many countries don't fit that description.

Obviously many people in America fall outside the bell curve; however, in regards to the center of the bell curve, it is definitely an issue

The problem won't go away until people quit denying the issues and quit hiding behind claims of racism.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Murder kills the body. Rape wounds the soul. Nothing is worse than a walking, wounded soul. It has a domino affect most people don't even realize. But I do get your point about the finality of murder. A rape survivor has a chance at a so-called normal life. Unfortunately, some of them don't achieve it.
Amen, Mamacita. I know, at times, it may seem like this board may lessen the effects of rape, or their victims. It's horrible, and I completely agree with Kaiser. Next to hurting a child, it's the worst thing a human can do. Worse than murder (other than murder of a child or the elderly).

In this football world, unfortunaly, of million dollar athletes, and at times $.10 brains, these fellas open themselves up to get railroaded. They associate with women looking to "come up."

Which is horrible for victims of the true violence they've endured.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Ok using your own logic in pretty sure the person you quoted isn't talking about #3 on your list then my man. Why can you use logic when discussing your points but not about the murder? I'm almost certain the murder he is talking about isn't #3. I mean the context of yalls thread says that to me but maybe I'm crazy.

As far as number 2 if you don't know we can only speculate but for those who are messed up permanently there are those who aren't so that's still better than death where nobody knows anybody that's came back from murder.

One point I would make on that is that it's not really about skin color per se. It's an American segment of the population issue. Black communities in many countries don't fit that description.

Obviously many people in America fall outside the bell curve; however, in regards to the center of the bell curve, it is definitely an issue

The problem won't go away until people quit denying the issues and quit hiding behind claims of racism.
Yep hiding behind claims of racism is all that has to be done and everything will be alright. Sounds great guess we should do that immediately so people can be on the path to change later on today or tomorrow at the latest

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ok using your own logic in pretty sure the person you quoted isn't talking about #3 on your list then my man. Why can you use logic when discussing your points but not about the murder? I'm almost certain the murder he is talking about isn't #3. I mean the context of yalls thread says that to me but maybe I'm crazy.

Good post, my argument that Rape is worse than Murder is both logic and emotion. The logic is that there are a wide variety of "murders" from manslaughter to Premeditated Murder. There is a logic argument that Capital Punishment is murder even I don't agree with it.

I guess the main part of my argument is emotion. There is absolutely no defense for rape and for a murder victim their suffering is over. For a rape victim, it has just begun.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Getting too political people. Not going to clean it up but if it continues then there will be consequences.

:mad: How many times do we need to tell you not to be political on this site!

diefree666

Reaction score
Getting too political people. Not going to clean it up but if it continues then there will be consequences.

:mad: How many times do we need to tell you not to be political on this site!

could you give some examples of what you are talking about? So we would know what to avoid?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Doesn't appear some can even heed a warning so the thread is closed before people get benched day 3 of TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.