Journalist Jim Trotter sues league for discrimination, referencing incident with Jerry Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So, a "he said this" complaint? First one is based on hearsay...Trotter never heard Pegula say it. And the one against Jones...it was a conversation with Jones, Trotter and Will McClay....does anyone honestly think McClay is gonna go against Jones? It will never happen.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So you don’t believe that there should be Billionaires? Not fair?

Everything is always taken to the extreme with these statements that’s why there’s no civil debate. Enjoy riding for billionaires.

erod

Reaction score
We all know Jerry will go out in disgrace eventually when all his demons catch up to him. Like the clippers owner and snyder.
He is of that exact same ilk of human.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’m not a lawyer, but how would someone make this kind of stuff stick without hard evidence? I’m not insinuating Trotter is lying, I just don’t know how anyone could be convicted on hearsay, especially if no one else corroborates the claims.

Or does that symbol after the statement mean there is some hard evidence attached? Sorry I’m not smart on legal stuff
One can bring to filing any legal cause...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
One can bring to filing any legal cause...

This gives me a thought that I’m curious about. You may or may not know the answer so don’t feel obligated to reply. But if these allegations are proven false can they counter sue for libel? Obviously, the owners would have to prove the impact it would have. I’m just curious how that could play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.