Journalist Jim Trotter sues league for discrimination, referencing incident with Jerry Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing connected with the national anthem controversy is allowed on CowboysZone.com.

Do not post about it.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The language quoted by the subjects named in the suit provide no context that I could see on how the question was framed to them. On it's own, their words could easily be construed as insensitive and even inappropriate, but I don't see a discrimination suit based upon that evidence as anything more than a bridge too far.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The language quoted by the subjects named in the suit provide no context that I could see on how the question was framed to them. On it's own, their words could easily be construed as insensitive and even inappropriate, but I don't see a discrimination suit based upon that evidence as anything more than a bridge too far.
Personally I don’t need context about the bills owners comments. If he said it. He’s a scumbag.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I am a minority and he pays other minorities and helps their families with generational wealth. What else do you want him to do? We have minorities hired on our staff all throughout our organization so stating he is not giving people a fair shot is ridiculous.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Last known camera footage of RisenStar tweeting this in the Zone

giphy.gif

McMicah

Reaction score
I’m not a lawyer, but how would someone make this kind of stuff stick without hard evidence? I’m not insinuating Trotter is lying, I just don’t know how anyone could be convicted on hearsay, especially if no one else corroborates the claims.

Or does that symbol after the statement mean there is some hard evidence attached? Sorry I’m not smart on legal stuff

Bagman

Reaction score
I sincerely DO NOT AGREE with Jerry Jones here. I think that attitude should be left in the Stone Age where it belongs. I also don't think ANYONE has the right or obligation to ask that question. What kind of answer did he expect? You basically accuse someone with a loaded question and jump all over them with their answer. It probably angered the old drunk and he shot off his ignorant mouth, like always. One more factor to consider.......at least in Dallas.....Will McClay holds an extremely powerful position in the franchise. A position many, many other teams do not afford to people of color.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I’m not a lawyer, but how would someone make this kind of stuff stick without hard evidence? I’m not insinuating Trotter is lying, I just don’t know how anyone could be convicted on hearsay, especially if no one else corroborates the claims.

Or does that symbol after the statement mean there is some hard evidence attached? Sorry I’m not smart on legal stuff
Speaking solely on the reputation of Trotter, he's as respected as any national writer out there. As far as providing proof, I can't speak to that at all. I guess we'll have to see.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
It’s best to wait until you see the actual evidence before making judgments in any direction.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I sincerely DO NOT AGREE with Jerry Jones here. I think that attitude should be left in the Stone Age where it belongs. I also don't think ANYONE has the right or obligation to ask that question. What kind of answer did he expect? You basically accuse someone with a loaded question and jump all over them with their answer. It probably angered the old drunk and he shot off his ignorant mouth, like always. One more factor to consider.......at least in Dallas.....Will McClay holds an extremely powerful position in the franchise. A position many, many other teams do not afford to people of color.
Apparently he was having a conversation with McClay when that comment was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.