JPJ a FO favorite?

rambo2

Reaction score
I see Scouts top 300 list has JPJ ranked 48th. I can see what our FO would want him at 24.
Did you see where Dallas is ranked as the best drafting team in the 1st round? What are your thoughts on that?

1942willys

Reaction score
Did you see where Dallas is ranked as the best drafting team in the 1st round? What are your thoughts on that?
That is good but where do we rank as regards second rd picks? Probably evens out there.

Carter

Reaction score
Yes, a Center with a bad hip before he enters the league, followed by a Texas RB who only played 1 season in college and had a ACL Tear 5 month ago.

Only thing thats missing is drafting Sweat in the third who will fall cause he was just arrested for DWI.

That would be the perfect cowboys draft.

Give me Barton anyday. I like JPJ Traits and his skillset. But no more injury concerns with Players in Round 1-3 please. Thanks.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, a Center with a bad hip before he enters the league, followed by a Texas RB who only played 1 season in college and had a ACL Tear 5 month ago.

Only thing thats missing is drafting Sweat in the third who will fall cause he was just arrested for DWI.

That would be the perfect cowboys draft.

Give me Barton anyday. I like JPJ Traits and his skillset. But no more injury concerns with Players in Round 1-3 please. Thanks.
I think the hip thing with Powers-Johnson is being made out to be something it's not. He played in all 13 games last year for Oregon and there is very little mention of any kind of hip problem outside of Brian Broaddus alluding to the possibility. JPJ injured a hamstring after looking dominant at the Senior Bowl and that cut short his work there, but this bad hip thing looks to be more make-believe than reality as far as everything I read about him.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think the hip thing with Powers-Johnson is being made out to be something it's not. He played in all 13 games last year for Oregon and there is very little mention of any kind of hip problem outside of Brian Broaddus alluding to the possibility. JPJ injured a hamstring after looking dominant at the Senior Bowl and that cut short his work there, but this bad hip thing looks to be more make-believe than reality as far as everything I read about him.
Rumor is a concussion issue.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Rumor is a concussion issue.
That's not really coming up in any of the actual reports, either, though. Not saying neither problem exists. There are players who drop every year and you wonder why before learning that there was a medical concern. We'll see how it plays out.

I do find it interesting that several reports mention him shooting up the boards when he stood out in Senior Bowl practices, but that teams may not be as high on him as that because of limited hip flexibility and the fact that he didn't do all the drills at the combine (despite standing out in the ones that he did). In some ways, what is being said about him reminds me of Frederick.

Depending on how the board plays out, I'd like him to be the pick, but if it is Barton instead or we trade down and get Frazier, I don't have a problem with that. Not going to be as pleased if we wait to address one of our top needs IMO until the third round or later.

rambo2

Reaction score
Daniel jeremiah is saying that Barton is going in the 1st round and Jackson Powers-Johnson and Zach Frazier with go in the 2nd.

1942willys

Reaction score
Daniel jeremiah is saying that Barton is going in the 1st round and Jackson Powers-Johnson and Zach Frazier with go in the 2nd.
The injury rumors worry me a little; but the boys doctors are pretty good. Frankly I would be happy with any of the three though FRazier is my pet cat at center

RS12

Reaction score
Broaddus on todays draft show 34 minute mark saying his league sources saying Cowboys down to JPJ or Barton FWIW.

Carson

Reaction score
Broaddus on todays draft show 34 minute mark saying his league sources saying Cowboys down to JPJ or Barton FWIW.
Good!!!

Kick Tyler to LT and start Bass at LG. You can always sign a Dalton Risner if bass isn’t ready at LT

RS12

Reaction score
Good!!!

Kick Tyler to LT and start Bass at LG. You can always sign a Dalton Risner if bass isn’t ready at LT
I prefer Barton because other than the guard spots (he could play there too but its covered at the moment) you could plug him in any where and be better off than you are now. Not saying he is the next Zack Martin but like Zack at ND, Barton played every position on the OL and played it well. Add they don't let dummies into Duke so I am sure he will learn the playbook without a problem.

1942willys

Reaction score
I prefer Barton because other than the guard spots (he could play there too but its covered at the moment) you could plug him in any where and be better off than you are now. Not saying he is the next Zack Martin but like Zack at ND, Barton played every position on the OL and played it well. Add they don't let dummies into Duke so I am sure he will learn the playbook without a problem.
While Frazier is my pet cat right now I would take any one of them and be happier than a pig in rich slop

gimmesix

Reaction score
While Frazier is my pet cat right now I would take any one of them and be happier than a pig in rich slop
Frankly because of the depth at center in this draft, with Barton, JPJ and Frazier all worthy of a fairly early pick, I have less problem with Dallas doing nothing at center in free agency than at other positions. Yes, not getting one better than Hoffman telegraphs our pick and kind of wedges us into it, but that wouldn't be as big of a deal if we'd addressed other spots like the DL.